PDA

View Full Version : Dave Grob Stepping Down As MEARS Policy Director

Eric
08-07-2006, 08:48 AM
Hello everyone

I noticed something on mearsonline.com and wanted to share it here. Dave grob has announced he is stepping down as MEARS policy director.

Dave is a great guy, and I have always had nice conversations with him. I want to wish him the best of luck. Dave has worked extremely hard to push the hobby in the right direction, and deserves to be recognized for that.

We can thank Dave for among other things, being the first to establish clear rules about conflict of interest. He also contributed quite a bit to the old game used forum, and I thank him for that. Good luck Dave in whatever you choose to do.
Eric
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stepping Down as Policy Director
August 7 2006 at 5:08 AM Dave Grob (Login davegrob1)

I have been giving this a great deal of thought for some time and things became a little clearer to me when I retuned from the National. My priorities are not where they should be or need to be. With my daughter in her senior year of high school and me coming up on retirement from the Army, I need to spend more time, effort, and energy on my family and post career transition planning. With all this being said, I am removing myself as Policy Director effective immediately. I learned a long time ago that if you can’t devote the requisite effort that a task requires, then you are doing the organization a disservice and need to move along smartly.

For those of you who are looking for some deep dark sinister reason for all this, I hate to disappoint you, but there isn’t one. It just makes the most sense to me at this point given the things that I feel are truly important and the demands on my time.

I would like to thank Troy Kinunen, Dave Bushing, Laura Jenkins, and John Conard for all of their hard work and support. They are the heart and soul of MEARS and I am convinced the organization will continue to thrive though their efforts alone. They have given me great leeway in crafting the how’s and why’s and have done an even better job in putting things into practice.

I will remain with MEARS as I remain convinced it is the finest organization of its kind in hobby with many still undeveloped opportunities. My efforts for the time being will be devoted to writing for MEARS On-Line, setting our editorial schedule, doing research, and assisting in evaluations when asked as my time permits.

Respectfully Yours,

Dave Grob

sportscentury
08-07-2006, 09:03 AM
Eric,

I agree. LTC Dave Grob is a top notch individual. I hope that he will continue to be a part of this hobby.

Reid

hblakewolf
08-07-2006, 10:03 AM
Reid and fellow Forum readers-

I have known Dave for over 10 years and have had the privilege to work with him before and during his time with MEARS. It's a rare day in this "hobby" when you meet such a standup individual with such a keen understanding and background of uniforms.

I wish Dave all the best and hope he remains vocal and active in the collecting world.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

ChrisCavalier
08-07-2006, 12:46 PM
Hello everyone

I noticed something on mearsonline.com and wanted to share it here. Dave grob has announced he is stepping down as MEARS policy director.

Dave is a great guy, and I have always had nice conversations with him. I want to wish him the best of luck. Dave has worked extremely hard to push the hobby in the right direction, and deserves to be recognized for that.

We can thank Dave for among other things, being the first to establish clear rules about conflict of interest. He also contributed quite a bit to the old game used forum, and I thank him for that. Good luck Dave in whatever you choose to do.
Eric
Well said Eric. I hope Dave knows how much we respect all he has tried to do for the hobby. I also wish him well in all his future endeavors.

Sincerely,
Chris

JimCaravello
08-07-2006, 01:46 PM
Dave once helped me work through a Munson jersey that ended up being bad and the level of detail he went into on the jersey was actually quite incredible - never seen anyone go into that kind of depth. Good luck in the future Dave..........

Jim