PDA

View Full Version : Barry Bonds & Griffey

AM
11-09-2010, 07:20 AM
Just curious but does anyone have any game used Bonds or Griffey fielding glove(s)?

If so, can you post pic(s)?

I've never seen any in person and there is a glove on eBay right now but it's no big deal (seller calls it a "back-up").

What about any Bonds minor league baseball cards?

Thanks.

Bondsgloves
11-09-2010, 10:35 AM
I have 7 Barry Bonds game used gloves in my collection. I can send you some photo's if you like. That is my Bonds glove on ebay. It shows little use, it came from a Giants employee straight from Barry. Unlike the other gloves on ebay, this was actually in Barry's locker at some point. I wouldn't let any of my well worn Bonds gamers go for any less than 5K as they are all photo matched. You can check my other post and see I have a extensive Bonds collection.

Thanks

AM
11-09-2010, 10:41 AM
That's cool.
I would love to see pics of the fielding gloves - am_bls@yahoo.com
or if you could point me to a thread that has pics

The glove on eBay is nice but I meant that I've seen Wilsons like this before - I think his rarer gloves, and correct me if I'm wrong, are the ones he used with Pirates and early days with San Fran

Thanks

Bondsgloves
11-09-2010, 11:06 AM
I don't think you have seen one like this before, after 2000 he wore a grey and black glove. I have never seen a glove like this for sale. You can go to getty and check out photo's of Bonds and other gloves he wore prior to 2000. If you check my old post you will see a rookie pirates photomatched wilson glove I have.

AM
11-09-2010, 11:27 AM
I did not mean to offend you and if I have, my apologies.
To clear the air I did not intend to say that I've seen another "Bonds" specific glove like yours - I meant I've seen Wilsons in that style or similar - perhaps they were customs, or perhaps I am mistaken. Believe me, if I had the money to spend on a single item like that I would seriously consider buying it from you.

Personally, I like the all black model he used in the early-mid 90's (I think) and that is the one that I've never seen for sale or in a collection. If you have it, that's awesome.

I will sift through your posts to find the pics.

Sorry & thanks.

Bondsgloves
11-09-2010, 11:40 AM
No problem, I wasn't offended. How ever if you were looking to see a Pirates glove and old black wilson. You can just go through getty images from the early 90's and see all the photo's you want. There was one recently in historic auctions , but I could never find a photo of him wearing that exact style, so I was uncomfortable with it.

AM
11-09-2010, 11:49 AM
I checked Getty and I found it. That's the glove!!

Also, I found your old post under "favorite GU item" but the glove photos were not there or link(s) to them was broken so I couldn't see them.

Can you re-post or send to me?

Thanks again.

AWA85
11-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Hey, I have the photomatched Ken Griffey Jr fielding glove. Actually have been looking at some Reds game used trades/ possibly parting with it here in the future but still thinking it over.

AWA85@live.com