Dead Excited About This New Pickup for My Player Collection!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LastingsMilledge85
    • May 2009

Dead Excited About This New Pickup for My Player Collection!

I'm just about to make a payment on the jersey that I cannot believe that was available to me and to be authenticated from two very reliable authenticators, Steiner and MLB. I just want to thank the forum member that was very patient and understanding with me as he held this jersey since February for me. That being said, here it is... Lastings Milledge's game used MLB Debut jersey. Lastings got his first MLB hit, a double, during the game and I have several ticket stubs from the game.

• AM
    • Sep 2010

Re: Dead Excited About This New Pickup for My Player Collection!

Cool

Comment

• cigarman44
      • Aug 2007

Nice pick up!

Comment

• Lokee
        Banned
        • May 2008

congrats

Comment

• skier14
          • Apr 2010

Absolutely amazing!

If only I even had the opportunity! I can just look at this picture and dream...

Comment

• LastingsMilledge85
            • May 2009

Originally posted by skier14
            Absolutely amazing!

If only I even had the opportunity! I can just look at this picture and dream...
            Skier, where is that Tulo jersey? I assume it's his debut jersey?

Comment

• skier14
              • Apr 2010

Originally posted by LastingsMilledge85
              Skier, where is that Tulo jersey? I assume it's his debut jersey?
              It is his debut jersey. I saw the picture online a while back. It is on display in the stadium I guess (or at least it was during fanfest). Here is the blog link. http://babypaul.mlblogs.com/archives/2009/01/

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                Banned
                • Apr 2009

Lastings:

That jersey is now part of the best collection it could be the centerpiece of.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• LastingsMilledge85
                  • May 2009

Originally posted by sox83cubs84
                  Lastings:

Dave Miedema
                  Dave, thanks so much it's tough to say what my centerpiece is. It would have to be this or his glove I have and I really have been lucky to come across these pieces. I also may be able to obtain a high school Milledge jersey so that would be interesting as well.

Comment

• WadeInBmore
                    • Sep 2007

Does the Tagging say "Set E"?! Regardless, nice pick up! Wish I could get my hands on Big Franks first jersey...oh wait, I probably couldn't afford it LOL. How many items are in your player collection now? You really seem to find his items. Way to go!!!

wade

Comment

• LastingsMilledge85
                      • May 2009

Originally posted by WadeInBmore
                      Does the Tagging say "Set E"?! Regardless, nice pick up! Wish I could get my hands on Big Franks first jersey...oh wait, I probably couldn't afford it LOL. How many items are in your player collection now? You really seem to find his items. Way to go!!!

wade
                      Yeah I was surprised too that it is a Set E jersey and yet it is authenticated by two sources to his debut. I don't know if that should be a cause for concern? I currently have twelve jerseys, one glove, five bats, seven caps, three helmets, two pairs of cleats, two pairs of batting gloves, one signed ball, one locker room name plate, and several MLB debut tickets. And yes, I really have no place to display all this stuff.

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                        Banned
                        • Apr 2009

Set E on Mets jerseys of that era meant Extra, and exist on many, if not most, Met players of the time. I've seen a Tom Glavine and a Mike Piazza as set E jerseys, as well as numerous lesser-name players. I would'nt concern myself with it. If he was promoted during the season, it would make perfect sense.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• LastingsMilledge85
                          • May 2009

Set E on Mets jerseys of that era meant Extra, and exist on many, if not most, Met players of the time. I've seen a Tom Glavine and a Mike Piazza as set E jerseys, as well as numerous lesser-name players. I would'nt concern myself with it. If he was promoted during the season, it would make perfect sense.

Dave Miedema
                          Dave thanks so much for the explanation and that explains why I have an '08 Matt Wise jersey that is a 2006 Set E jersey, and yes Lastings was a late May call-up.

Comment

• gingi79
                            • Aug 2007

Lastings:

Dave Miedema
                            I'm with Dave. No one I know in this hobby will treasure this jersey more than you. It's nice when the right collector gets the right jersey.

May this be the first of your many centerpiece items!
                            Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Comment

• LastingsMilledge85
                              • May 2009

Originally posted by gingi79
                              I'm with Dave. No one I know in this hobby will treasure this jersey more than you. It's nice when the right collector gets the right jersey.

May this be the first of your many centerpiece items!
                              Thank you very much

Comment

Working...