Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mdube16
    • Jun 2007

actual ball pitched for winning hit in 2001 WS for sale on craigslist

Before you naysayers start, its possible they stamped it so so many players wouldnt touch such a valuable ball

• lakeerie92
    • Oct 2008

Re: actual ball pitched for winning hit in 2001 WS for sale on craigslist

I can already tell you by the way the stitches are pulling through the leather that that is not even an official MLB baseball. The stitches are way to big and all of the signatures are facsimile. Souvenir World Series baseball. Hate to be the naysayer, but those are the facts. Not even close to the real thing.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Comment

• skier14
      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by lakeerie92
      I can already tell you by the way the stitches are pulling through the leather that that is not even an official MLB baseball. The stitches are way to big and all of the signatures are facsimile. Souvenir World Series baseball. Hate to be the naysayer, but those are the facts. Not even close to the real thing.
      I agree.

It even looks like a plastic covered ball.
      Not even leather (that could just be me though).

Comment

• legaleagle92481
        Banned
        • Oct 2009

The other two posters are correct. Also note the fact that the ball is snow white, which is not a characteristic of GU balls. No marks are visible on it. Also if someone had such a valuable ball why sell it on Craig;s list of all places.

Comment

• LWMM
          • Jul 2006

I'm pretty sure that the first post is written with tongue firmly in cheek.

Comment

Working...