PDA

View Full Version : World Series Stuff

EurekaDave
11-10-2010, 12:36 PM
If the first prices are any indication, World Series souvenirs are going to be out of control. Highland Mint is offering World Series bases starting at $3K, baseballs at $750.

I'm not saying it's not worth it. I'm just saying be prepared for sticker-shock.

So what's the most you would pay for a game-used 2010 Series souvenir?

Dave Silverbrand

lakeerie92
11-10-2010, 01:32 PM
Highland Mint's prices are set by MLB. They have no control over it. I imagine MLB just looked at what those items sold for during the World Series auction and lowered the price by 10% or so.

EurekaDave
11-10-2010, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the information. I'm not faulting anybody, Highland or MLB. We consumers are the ones who ultimate determine the price. It's just unfortunate if you are a long-time Giants fan who wants a souvenir of a special year.

Dave Silverbrand

lakeerie92
11-10-2010, 02:38 PM
I would contact Dayn Floyd with the Giants and see if he has anything. When they sold the NLDS balls they were very cheap at $49. I know the Rangers kept some balls, the Giants probably did too.

Fnazxc0114
11-10-2010, 07:25 PM
i got the same emails. i was quoted 5 grand for the on deck circle and 3 grand for the base used at the first ws game in texas. I wasnt at that one i was at game five, and havent heard anything about acquiring one of those bases. Id be willing to drop some cash on a base but not 3 grand.