Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AWA85
    • Jan 2008

Bryce Harper 1st Jersey

Surprised nobody has mentioned the Harper Pro Debut jersey that is up on the auction block right now. I did not buy into some of the pub until I saw him have some pretty solid results in the Arizona Fall League. This kid may be alright.

Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.
  • justinbittner220
    • Apr 2010

Re: Bryce Harper 1st Jersey

Huh... who's the high bidder?

Comment

• AWA85
      • Jan 2008

Good luck with the jersey, would be a great item.

Wonder what level Harper is going to start out at next season? Guess it will be determined by his Spring Training.
      Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Comment

• LastingsMilledge85
        • May 2009

Originally posted by AWA85
        Good luck with the jersey, would be a great item.

Wonder what level Harper is going to start out at next season? Guess it will be determined by his Spring Training.
        I would say Potomac, if he's lucky he could be in the majors by 2012. He will be a very interesting player to watch.

Comment

• justinbittner220
          • Apr 2010

Don't worry, I'm guessing that this jersey will go for about triple what my high bid is, lol. More likely that not, it won't end up in my collection. Did anyone else see the hat? It's up to $507!

Comment

• DeacDoug
            • Mar 2010

My understanding is that Bryce will begin the season in Hagerstown and progress from there as warranted. Saw him take batting practice at Nationals Park and he has tremendous power. Looks like a phenom to me, but you never know how he'll hit curve balls, particularly from lefthanders.

Comment

• justinbittner220
              • Apr 2010

it's a sad, sad, day... lol I'm officially out of the bidding. I'll settle for some more Heyward jerseys. Contact me if you have 'em!

Comment

• allstarsplus
                • Nov 2005

I didn't realize that you were the one in the bidding with me. I am out too. I would rather have a MLB gamer but thought that was a cool jersey.
                Regards,
                Andrew Lang
                AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                202-716-8500

Comment

• justinbittner220
                  • Apr 2010

I figured that it would go higher, but $2000 was my limit... and the hat... who bids up a game used hat to $600?

Comment

• brianborsch
                    • Dec 2005

But the significance of that jersey is that it was worn in Bryce's first ever professional game and he recorded his first professional hit in it. It is basically the jersey that represents the start of his pro career. That's a grail item in my opinion.

Comment

• mdube16
                      • Jun 2007

Im guessing that baby approaches 10k

Comment

• lcstate collector
                        • Jan 2006

Over $6000 with 5 days remaining. I really hope this doesnt get cut up into a bunch of jersey cards.
                        I collect items from baseball players that attended Lewis-Clark State College: Marvin Benard, Vic Darensbourg, Steve Decker, Tom Edens, Jason Ellison, Anthony Ferrari, Carlos Fisher, John Foster, Keith Foulke, Sean Halton, Blaine Hardy, Bucky Jacobsen, Chris Mabeus, Steve Reed, Brendan Ryan, Chris Schwinden, and Frank Williams. http://www.lcscbaseballhof.com
                        or awbenish@gmail.com or http://www.lcscbaseballblog.com

Comment

• lcstate collector
                          • Jan 2006

Drum roll.. Final price $7450.00
                          I collect items from baseball players that attended Lewis-Clark State College: Marvin Benard, Vic Darensbourg, Steve Decker, Tom Edens, Jason Ellison, Anthony Ferrari, Carlos Fisher, John Foster, Keith Foulke, Sean Halton, Blaine Hardy, Bucky Jacobsen, Chris Mabeus, Steve Reed, Brendan Ryan, Chris Schwinden, and Frank Williams. http://www.lcscbaseballhof.com
                          or awbenish@gmail.com or http://www.lcscbaseballblog.com

Comment

• allstarsplus
                            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by lcstate collector
                            Drum roll.. Final price $7450.00
                            That is a nice deal as this kid will exceed expectations. I love his Pete Rose Charlie Hustle attitude. For just turning 18 years old he gives a great interview. I met him when he got introduced at Nats Park this year and the exhibition he put on during batting practice was crazy.

I am sure the Nationals Dream Foundation will auction off some of his other items as well as his Spring Training items like they did with Stephen Strasburg's.

A shame he didn't sign with a gold paint pen on the jersey. Not the best pen to use.

Click image for larger version

Name:	img9625503.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	665844

Originally posted by brianborsch
                            But the significance of that jersey is that it was worn in Bryce's first ever professional game and he recorded his first professional hit in it. It is basically the jersey that represents the start of his pro career. That's a grail item in my opinion.
                            Brian, I agree with you on its grail potential and that is why the price went so high and if he lives up to the hype this could be an amazing centerpiece in a collection. I look forward to getting many items from him in the future as I have a Bryce Harper collection going already.
                            Regards,
                            Andrew Lang
                            AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                            202-716-8500

Comment

• allstarsplus
                              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by DeacDoug
                              My understanding is that Bryce will begin the season in Hagerstown and progress from there as warranted. Saw him take batting practice at Nationals Park and he has tremendous power. Looks like a phenom to me, but you never know how he'll hit curve balls, particularly from lefthanders.
                              Yes, he is going to start in A ball in Hagerstown Maryland and progress from there. The fact that he did so well in the AFL shows he really could start in AA Harrisburg but they don't want to rush him as he can gain confidence in A ball.

As a Nats guy, I am real excited about all the possibilities!
                              Regards,
                              Andrew Lang
                              AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                              202-716-8500

Comment

Working...