PDA

View Full Version : batting gloves

andrewdon
11-11-2010, 10:19 PM
about how many pairs of batting gloves do players go through in a season?
thanks
andrew

flota89
11-11-2010, 10:34 PM
It really depends on the player if you ask me. I heard David Freese say in spring training he uses them until they wear out, but on the other hand Matt Holliday will sometimes rip 2-3 pairs off a game if he hits into some tough luck. I would say the average player uses a pair every game or two, but who knows.

AWA85
11-13-2010, 09:51 AM
With spring training, batting practice and 162 games, I would guess the number is pretty high. Wouldn't surprise me at all if a player had close to 100 pairs of batting gloves at the MLB level.

harpt
11-13-2010, 03:09 PM
Willie Mays Hayes would change them out after every stolen base.

3arod13
11-13-2010, 03:12 PM
Willie Mays Hayes would change them out after every stolen base.

Love Willie Mayes Hayes...Love Major League. Can what it over and over and over :)

jbsportstuff
11-13-2010, 03:55 PM
Love Willie Mayes Hayes...Love Major League. Can what it over and over and over :)
Have you ever seen the alternate ending to that movie? It's on one of the special dvd special features.

The movie ends with the owner saying that she was such a B*&*^% because she knew that was the only way it would motivate them to win...and that her planned actually worked. They re-shot it with the ending that we all know and love... :)

3arod13
11-13-2010, 04:45 PM
Have you ever seen the alternate ending to that movie? It's on one of the special dvd special features.

The movie ends with the owner saying that she was such a B*&*^% because she knew that was the only way it would motivate them to win...and that her planned actually worked. They re-shot it with the ending that we all know and love... :)

Haven't seen that. Definately got to check it out. Thanks!

sox83cubs84
11-13-2010, 05:26 PM
Best Baseball Comedy ever...period!

Dave Miedema

Chris78
11-14-2010, 02:07 PM
How about at the minor league level? I would think players could not afford to use that many batting gloves during the season. I have not really seen players give them away and I attend games regularly. I did see a few given away the last day of the season though and some players went to their locker and came out after the game was over and threw a few in the stands. Any thoughts....

Chris

Bravesfan
11-14-2010, 05:31 PM
I find the numbers being thrown about in regards to batting gloves hard to believe.