PDA

View Full Version : Anyone win anything from Hunt?

Neal
11-13-2010, 07:08 PM
I was shutout.

I had a callback on 4 lots, but was out pretty early on all of them except one.

May have to attend the next one, as something about bidding at the Louisville Slugger museum seems pretty cool - have to get down there one time.

earlywynnfan
11-13-2010, 11:50 PM
Looks like I won Carl Crawford's All Star warm-up jersey: http://www.huntauctions.com/LIVE/imageviewer.cfm?auction_num=29&lot_num=25&lot_qual=

Cool!
Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

d4347
11-14-2010, 10:28 AM
I wish I could say that I won the babe Ruth homerun ball but I guess I would rather own my house then spend $264k on any baseball. How nice would it be to have that kind of disposable income to spend on memorabilia.

legaleagle92481
11-15-2010, 09:40 AM
I wish I could say that I won the babe Ruth homerun ball but I guess I would rather own my house then spend $264k on any baseball. How nice would it be to have that kind of disposable income to spend on memorabilia.

Well how can anyone prove that it was actually a Ruth homer ball anyway?

Fnazxc0114
11-15-2010, 11:20 AM
I was surprised to see how much some of the all star game jerseys went for. Especially since they were just auto'd and not worn. After seeing what the hamilton auto'd one went for it made me feel pretty comfortable paying what i did for the one he actually wore.

matt
11-15-2010, 06:24 PM
I "won" the williams bat and posted a request in the the "Bat Records" section for some help in further authenticating it. Have been chasing a legit Williams bat for some time, and they are very elusive and tricky to pin down. Fingers are crossed, as I did lots of homework on this one to be sure it is from the 40's and matches records...

Matt

dcgreg25
11-15-2010, 07:18 PM
I was surprised to see how much some of the all star game jerseys went for. Especially since they were just auto'd and not worn. After seeing what the hamilton auto'd one went for it made me feel pretty comfortable paying what i did for the one he actually wore.

+1

Because the jerseys are are described as "All Star Game Workout Day/Homerun Derby Jersey(s)" it can be inferred that the jerseys were actually used in the game which is not the case. Had the descriptions been clearer, I am guessing the hammer prices would have been lower. I am not bad-mouthing Hunt but below is an example with the Verlander Jersey description:

2010 Justin Verlander autographed American League All-Star Game Workout Day/Home Run Derby Jersey. Red knit jersey has "American" lettering across the front and "Verlander" on the back. Verlander has signed the shirt in silver paint pen on the #5. The Detroit Tigers team patch is affixed to the right sleeve with MLB All-Star Game logo patch on the left sleeve. Majestic label found on tail front with "Cool Base" and size 50 flag tags affixed to the seam. Jersey has an affixed MLB hologram FJ171052 on the back and proper 0068 wash tag on the interior. Includes LOA from JSA: NM

subway22
11-15-2010, 08:57 PM
I "won" the williams bat and posted a request in the the "Bat Records" section for some help in further authenticating it. Have been chasing a legit Williams bat for some time, and they are very elusive and tricky to pin down. Fingers are crossed, as I did lots of homework on this one to be sure it is from the 40's and matches records...

Matt

You won the Ted Williams bat, but just hoping its legit? Is that what you mean?

matt
11-16-2010, 01:27 AM
After 15 years of collecting, I wish "legit" was black and white. If by legit you mean certainly used by the player in a game, yes. Don't we all have to "hope it is legit" when it comes to vintage gu items?

The bat matches Williams' 1946 and 47 personal orders and will pass any authentication based based on what mears and psa have done before. That was not my question.

Later in the 50's any key williams model was also available in an index bat and widely ordered. The point of the question was to see if anyone had records of team index orders from the mid-40's or had seen one for a TW 01's in that period. I am hoping not!

matt

subway22
11-16-2010, 12:22 PM
After 15 years of collecting, I wish "legit" was black and white. If by legit you mean certainly used by the player in a game, yes. Don't we all have to "hope it is legit" when it comes to vintage gu items?

The bat matches Williams' 1946 and 47 personal orders and will pass any authentication based based on what mears and psa have done before. That was not my question.

Later in the 50's any key williams model was also available in an index bat and widely ordered. The point of the question was to see if anyone had records of team index orders from the mid-40's or had seen one for a TW 01's in that period. I am hoping not!

matt

Not trying to start an argument at all, but why did you wait until after the auction was over to ask for help? If Im looking at the correct auction, it was about a $10,000 bat? None of my business, but wouldnt it have made more sense to ask weeks ago before the auction ended to find this information out?

$10,000 just seems like a lot of money to spend on a bat that you arent sure about.

legaleagle92481
11-16-2010, 12:42 PM

Were they worn on workout/home run derby day? If so is it really different than a jersey a guy wore on the bench during a game he did not play in that some people consider game used?

Fnazxc0114
11-16-2010, 01:48 PM
Yes the jersey i bought was worn on workout/hr derby day and is unsigned. I didnt pay too much more for the worn jersey than what tha auto'd unworn hamilton went for. The signed jerseys sold by hunt are just that signed workout day jerseys. Hopefully it will be here in the next few days.

Fnazxc0114
11-16-2010, 01:51 PM
It was worn at the all star game and that is all i realy care about. Either way it will be a cool piece in my collection. You need to remember legal just because you have certain views about some things does not mean that everyone else shares those same views.

Were they worn on workout/home run derby day? If so is it really different than a jersey a guy wore on the bench during a game he did not play in that some people consider game used?