PDA

View Full Version : Louisville Slugger Vault

b.heagy
08-07-2006, 06:58 PM
Found these 2 postcards in my travels recently and thought I would share them with the group. Im sure some of you have these but if not its a neat treat. Top pc shows Frank robinson model bats being branded. Bottom pc shows a small fraction of the fire proof vault. Both are circa 1963. I would love to be in that vault ! Wondering if any other members have different examples that would have come from Louisville.

JimCaravello
08-08-2006, 09:32 AM
Bill - those a great photos! Thanks for sharing. This gives everyone a chance to see how the flame burning process is performed on a bat ........Jim

sportscentury
08-08-2006, 10:28 AM
Bill,

Great photos ... had not seen these. Thanks for posting.

Reid

rose14
08-11-2006, 02:41 PM
Those are some really cool photos. If you have never been to the Louisville Slugger Museum before you should really try to come and take the tour. It is really something to see. I live just across the river from Louisville and I know a couple of people that work for H & B.

scottanservitz
08-12-2006, 09:49 PM
Hi guys. I just visited the Louisville museum and took the tour with my dad and oldest son who is three and half. It was great. Very interesting to see how the bats are made. The museum is another treat. Game used bats from many of the game's greatest players from Cobb to Ruth to Aaron. My son even enjoyed it which is a cool thing for a dad that is a collector and true fan. I highly recommend going if ever in the area!
Scott