Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skier14
    • Apr 2010

Weird Jersey number for a player?...

This is a picture I came across earlier. It is from Arizona Fall League. I found it kind of cool, and I would love to have a piece like that in my collection.

I was wondering if anybody has any strange number item such as this. Tulo never wore #7 in the majors, minors, or college.

• CampWest
    • May 2008

Re: Weird Jersey number for a player?...

Yeah, Billy Butler wore a sleeveless #6 in AZ Fall League. I saw the jersey was up in a silent auction at Royals Fan Fest about 3 years ago, but I was unable to make it.

Originally posted by skier14
    This is a picture I came across earlier. It is from Arizona Fall League. I found it kind of cool, and I would love to have a piece like that in my collection.

I was wondering if anybody has any strange number item such as this. Tulo never wore #7 in the majors, minors, or college.
    sigpic
    Wes Campbell

Comment

• LWMM
      • Jul 2006

Same thing here---Jonny Gomes has only worn #27 during the 2003 AFL. Would like to add the jersey and/or helmet to my collection, but I've never seen either for sale.

Comment

• sox83cubs84
        Banned
        • Apr 2009

In the 2000 Arizona Fall League, Cubs prospect Eric Hinske wore #14. He didn't wear that number again until his partial season with the Yankees in 2009.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• LastingsMilledge85
          • May 2009

Unless you're Stephen Strasburg or Bryce Harper the number you have in the AFL I believe is just given to you and you really don't have a choice. I could be wrong, but I believe this is the case. Anyway, I do have Lastings Milledge's first ST with the big league club when he was an NRI and he wore #65. I even photo matched the jersey which I guess is a bonus.

Comment

Working...