PDA

View Full Version : Albert Pujols Contract Predictions!

flota89
11-17-2010, 11:19 PM
Hey, I thought it would be a fun idea to make some predictions on Albert's future. I am guessing he gets a 5-8 year deal for about 27.5 million a year. Let's see what everyone thinks.

legaleagle92481
11-19-2010, 01:52 PM
He is not leaving St. Louis he will take less and stay. Money is not the prime thought on his mind he is unique that way. Besides the Yanks have a first baseman as do the Phillies and the Sox will have Gonzalez by that point so who would pay him his money elsewhere?

OaklandAsFan
11-19-2010, 10:52 PM
The Cardinals cannot afford to pay Pujols what he deserves to be paid and continue to pay Matt Holliday 17+ mil a year as well. I say he is gone.

OaklandAsFan
11-19-2010, 10:54 PM
He is not leaving St. Louis he will take less and stay. Money is not the prime thought on his mind he is unique that way. Besides the Yanks have a first baseman as do the Phillies and the Sox will have Gonzalez by that point so who would pay him his money elsewhere?

Cubbies could pay him, as well as the Mets and in a year maybe the divorce BS will be over in LA and they could afford him.

also don't forget that Big Papi is almost done as well so the Sox could use another DH/1Bman after next season.

stlbats
11-20-2010, 10:02 PM
I dont think Pujols will take less than $25 million a year. He has pretty much said there will be no home town discount. If he doesnt get a deal dont before the 2011 season starts, I think the Yankees will definately be in the mix. I hope he stays.

Jason

flota89
11-21-2010, 11:17 PM
I dont think Pujols will take less than $25 million a year. He has pretty much said there will be no home town discount. If he doesnt get a deal dont before the 2011 season starts, I think the Yankees will definately be in the mix. I hope he stays.

Jason
I agree. I would find it hard to believe if he took less that 27 myself.

legaleagle92481
11-22-2010, 12:29 AM

Jason

where would he play on the yankees? tex is signed for many more years at a huge salary and dh is reserved for a rotation of aging stars not that either would agree to dh.

legaleagle92481
11-22-2010, 12:34 AM
Cubbies could pay him, as well as the Mets and in a year maybe the divorce BS will be over in LA and they could afford him.

also don't forget that Big Papi is almost done as well so the Sox could use another DH/1Bman after next season.

mets wont spend that kind of money plus why would he go there? he will be retired before they are ready to contend. one bat is not going to do much for them they have so many needs and they are content with the younger much, much cheaper ike davis. for the dodgers they will end up being sold after the divorce and is a buyer really going to come in and wham pay someone 25 million a year right off the bat? the cubs again why go there? the team is many years from contending it is mets central plus he cant see him going to the cards biggest rival.