PDA

View Full Version : eBay #200543684940 : 2nd bad ID in a week!

sox83cubs84
11-18-2010, 11:34 AM
This seller has a lot of good caps up on eBay, but his research of who wore them when leaves something to be desired. This cap is advertised as an "early 2000s Lance Berkman". The cap is assuredly a gamer, but never saw Berkman's locker or head. The cap has a 1993-96 New Era tag in the headband, however, Berkman didn't join the Astros until 1999, when New Era used a different label and the 59/50 text was on the insides of the seams crisscrossing the inside of the crown.

As I said, this seller has a number of decent caps, and I don't doubt their game-used status. Just be sure to reserach first, and joelsabi's thread on caps posted a few months ago is a great resource to start.

Dave Miedema

Tallyman77
11-18-2010, 11:55 AM
Dave........you are right about the Astros cap. A bit of research is all that is needed to see that a player's name or ID doesn't match the team or manufacturers labeling of the cap. Plenty of resources are out there to give out correct information of the item. Joel Sabi was a tremendous help in providing a superb resource.......I just wish someone would do the same for other cap companies like Roman Pro, KM Pro, Sports Specialties, etc.

Oh Dave, there is another cap on Ebay that is way off the mark and when I find it again, I will let you know. :)

-Walt

Evergreen7777@att.net