PDA

View Full Version : Would You Pay More For........

yankees506
11-18-2010, 03:02 PM
A game used item used in a game you attended?

skier14
11-18-2010, 03:10 PM
Not necessarily more, but there have been items which I was only really interested in in the first place as it was used in that game.

I have a Tulowitzki single ball from a game that I attended. I ended up photomatching the jersey I got to that game.

legaleagle92481
11-18-2010, 03:52 PM
No. To me it does not matter. If it is from a team I like I am watching the game on tv anyway so whether I phyiscally attended or not is irrelevant to me and defintely not worth spending extra for.

cliffjmp33
11-18-2010, 03:54 PM
I'll preface by saying I am still relatively new to buying game used items, but love the hobby a lot. A lot of people here have collections that are awe inspiring and I think are purely amazing and awesome, but I don't have the room or cash to really delve into acquiring everything I'd love to. Unless someone wants to adopt me (PM ME!).

As for the question, I don't know that I would pay more for such an item outside an item from postseason/historic moment I was at. A World Series/Super Bowl/etc where my team won would put things at a higher premium for me, but I am not sure I'd be willing to break the bank in all honesty. My two exceptions would be if the Bills or Sabres were to ever win in my lifetime though(Not holding my breath).

The only items that I was willing to spend a couple more dollars on was from the last game I attended at Yankee Stadium in 2008. And the way it happened, I paid less than what I expected to as I waited it out as the season went on and got two good deals (IMO) from Steiner's Auction site. I was able to pick up a base (which I feel displays a little better and fewer available for that game than a baseball) and the home bullpen pitcher's mound (I'm a Mo fan, so thought it was cool ... my wife, not so much).

I think it'll all depend on the person though and what sentimental attachment they would have to that item/game.

Mulligans
11-18-2010, 08:39 PM
I'm not sure if I would pay more, but I would definitely go out of my way to try and get it and that means I may have to pay a bit more?

I am a Boston Sports Junkie and own a few pieces from games that I attended, but one of my favorites is Marco Sturm's Jersey from the Winter Classic at Fenway Park. He scored the game winning goal in overtime which was very cool!

I went to the game with the whole family and it was a great day that I will always remember. I also ended up with his full uniform and stick.

Fnazxc0114
11-18-2010, 08:41 PM
I want a WS base from one of the games i went to but cant justify paying 4 grand for it. If it were a little cheaper yes id definately pay more for a game i was at.

xpress34
11-19-2010, 01:36 AM
Yes and I have...

I now own three Colorado Rockies Home White Vests that each have special significance and I did have to pay a little more than I would have liked for each, but since they are all three photo matched verifying they are from these events, I am okay with it.

The jerseys in question are:

Sept 1st, 2009
Jason Giambi Home White Vest - his 1st appearance in a Rockies uniform and 1st ab as a Rockie. Also the same jersey from his 2nd game and 1st hit as a Rockie as well as being the jersey he is wearing in the photo for his 1st baseball card in a Rox uni - 2009 Topps Unique.

Sept 8th, 2009
Eric Young Jr Home White Vest (thanks to LastingsMilledge for turning me onto this piece!) - his 1st MLB HOME RUN (which I retrieved - it was my 1st MLB HR ever as well!). Photo matched to the at bat when he hit the HR. Special significance since I got the HR ball and did a simple exchange for a signed game ball.

Sept 8th, 2009
Mike McKenry Home White Vest. Mike was called up on Sept 6th, but made his MLB debut on Sept 8th with a Pinch Hit at bat. Photo matched - this is his MLB DEBUT Jersey. I have been following Mike for a few years through the Rox Minor League system.

I didn't pay extravagantly more, but I did go higher than I originally expected to make sure I secured them.

- Smitty