PDA

View Full Version : My Michael Jordan Game Worn Collection Room (almost done)

mb23
11-18-2010, 05:34 PM
I have been collecting Michael Jordan game worn shoes and jersey/uni items for a long time and finally decided to build a room for them dedicated to the years with the Bulls and him. I have put in countless hours of hunting and authenticating from game footage to thousands of pictures and I can finally sit and enjoy them and my hard work. I am still a bit away from finishing off my ultimate goal of owning at least one of every model Air Jordan worn by him through 84-98 game worn or issued (missing AJ VI,VII and VIII), but I'll get there soon enough..... As we all know the waiting and hunting only makes it sweeter. I wanted to share with you a pic of the flooring installed in the room and a partial shot of some of my gamers. I will post more detailed pictures of the room once fully complete. I am always looking for more so if anyone can help please let me know! I hope you guys enjoy the picture.

All shoes are game issued/worn and autographed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/mrmar23/a7a63cbe.jpg

mb23
11-18-2010, 06:24 PM
Found a quick iPhone picture of the room. Still in its beginning stages.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/mrmar23/6867439a.jpg

drexler22
11-18-2010, 06:52 PM
I have been collecting Michael Jordan game worn shoes and jersey/uni items for a long time and finally decided to build a room for them dedicated to the years with the Bulls and him. I have put in countless hours of hunting and authenticating from game footage to thousands of pictures and I can finally sit and enjoy them and my hard work. I am still a bit away from finishing off my ultimate goal of owning at least one of every model Air Jordan worn by him through 84-98 game worn or issued (missing AJ VI,VII and VIII), but I'll get there soon enough..... As we all know the waiting and hunting only makes it sweeter. I wanted to share with you a pic of the flooring installed in the room and a partial shot of some of my gamers. I will post more detailed pictures of the room once fully complete. I am always looking for more so if anyone can help please let me know! I hope you guys enjoy the picture.

wow sick man! sick. Is the floor game-used as well, also a the framed jersey's worn by Jordan?

Tedw9
11-18-2010, 07:46 PM
Dam, that is AWESOME!

I would love to see more pics!

trsent
11-19-2010, 01:23 AM
Found a quick iPhone picture of the room. Still in its beginning stages.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/mrmar23/6867439a.jpg

Wow, the rare 45 Jordan Baseball cleats from Upper Deck Authenticated.

The display case for those were as amazing as the shoes!

mb23
11-19-2010, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the comments guys. The jerseys are all MJ worn. The away is an 87-88 sandknit gamer and the rookie home is a promotional 84 Rawlings autographed and worn for a promotional event. As for telhe flooring it is not game used. It's an oak wood Finished with a Chicago Bulls graphic done by a graphic artist.

Thanks.
Michael.

allstarsplus
11-19-2010, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the comments guys. The jerseys are all MJ worn. The away is an 87-88 sandknit gamer and the rookie home is a promotional 84 Rawlings autographed and worn for a promotional event. As for telhe flooring it is not game used. It's an oak wood Finished with a Chicago Bulls graphic done by a graphic artist.

Thanks.
Michael.

Very cool room! Love the shoe collection! Upper Deck this week came out with some new MJ autographed pieces. They also have some pretty creative pieces that include game used floor.

This was a cool 4 foot art piece they created:

This is a large Japanese Mosaic w/ handprint #'d to 23

HawaiiSportsNut
11-19-2010, 12:33 PM
Very impressive indeed. I was very proud of my Joe Montana room but your Jordan room puts mines to shame. I can't wait to remodel my second room, which is my memorabila room. You have inspired me.

ROCKET
11-19-2010, 12:39 PM
Very nice collection, love everything. What type of cases did you use for the jersey displays? They look really good, do you remember where you bought them?

Thanks

mb23
11-19-2010, 02:10 PM
Very nice collection, love everything. What type of cases did you use for the jersey displays? They look really good, do you remember where you bought them?

Thanks

Thanks Andrew, when is the next signing?

The cases I used for the jerseys are Timberland Cases, but I have tried to contact them again and I can not find them. They were on eBay for a while but no longer registered and the phone # does not work. If anyone gets some info please let me know.

Thanks.

allstarsplus
11-21-2010, 03:37 PM
Thanks Andrew, when is the next signing?

Thanks.

They just did a signing a couple of weeks ago. The next scheduled signing is for mid-January.

Let me know if you need any items signed.

JasonM33
11-23-2010, 08:14 PM
That's insane. I love it.

jordan23collectibles
11-26-2010, 09:32 PM

Great collection and one of the best displays I have ever seen. I am also an avid Jordan fan and your room is a dream for other Jordan collectors like me.
Here is a picture of my partial collection.
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii106/jordan23collectibles/JordanCollection331.jpg
Regards,
jordan23collectibles

Bravesfan
11-27-2010, 05:42 AM
Thats not just a room, thats a shrine.

mb23
11-27-2010, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the kind words Jordan23,, your collection is also awesome. Alot of nice stuff I see there. Awesome man. Glad to see another MJ collector.

Bravesfan. Your right it's my shrine! Lol.

Thanks again guys!!

AutographAddiction
12-01-2010, 07:11 PM
jordan23collectibles, send me an email please?

Thanks!

Great collection and one of the best displays I have ever seen. I am also an avid Jordan fan and your room is a dream for other Jordan collectors like me.
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii106/jordan23collectibles/JordanCollection331.jpg
Regards,
jordan23collectibles

nationals2k9
12-01-2010, 08:41 PM
I can't imagine how much time and effort it took for you guys to acquire all that stuff... not to mention quite a bit of cash money. I look at Jordan shoes here and there in passing and can't imagine ever owning the real thing, let alone dozens of articles of his stuff. Puts my Manny Ramirez bats to shame. Very nice work to both Jordan guys! Screw "Be like Mike" - I wanna be like you! ;)

nationals2k9
12-01-2010, 08:48 PM
Regards,
jordan23collectibles

So are those his actual prep / UNC / early Bulls gamers or are they replicas? Excuse me if I'm dumb for asking.

jordanhigh69
12-03-2010, 01:49 AM
Hi Michael,
Nice stuff there. I assume you got the MJ rook jersey from Rubino recently, huh? I have some rare stuff of MJ's as well ;) Can you list a little bit of info on where you got the shoes and how you know they are authentic?

Steve

mb23
12-04-2010, 04:03 PM
Hey Steve. The shoes are all gamers, either serial coded and sample tagged and COA or LOA. Truthfully I don't really need a LOA or COA to distinguish gamers, I've researched this to no end and have tons of serials and pictures. Also a lot of key elements to the shoes. For example the 45 XI which was only made for him in his size to wear against Orlando in the 95 playoffs. There is no other pairs of that model in existence. So therefor that particular pair authenticated itself. Hope that helps. Emial me if you would like to ask a question regarding anything.

mmonte4
07-18-2011, 12:32 PM
Hey Steve. The shoes are all gamers, either serial coded and sample tagged and COA or LOA. Truthfully I don't really need a LOA or COA to distinguish gamers, I've researched this to no end and have tons of serials and pictures. Also a lot of key elements to the shoes. For example the 45 XI which was only made for him in his size to wear against Orlando in the 95 playoffs. There is no other pairs of that model in existence. So therefor that particular pair authenticated itself. Hope that helps. Emial me if you would like to ask a question regarding anything.

DID THEY!??!?!

http://cgi.ebay.com/SAMPLE-PE-OG-NIKE-AIR-JORDAN-XI-BRED-SPACE-JAM-BANNED-/280709234389?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item415b92fed5#ht_1170wt_1185

mmonte4
07-18-2011, 12:34 PM
BTW, I'm always looking for GU MJ shoes including cleats.

jshortt
07-18-2011, 09:52 PM
DID THEY!??!?!

http://cgi.ebay.com/SAMPLE-PE-OG-NIKE-AIR-JORDAN-XI-BRED-SPACE-JAM-BANNED-/280709234389?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item415b92fed5#ht_1170wt_1185

Well, considering those 1.) aren't the same color, 2.) aren't the same size, and 3.) don't have the 45 on the back, I'm not sure what you're trying to imply.

-J

alltimegiants
08-13-2011, 12:22 AM
great room and great collection !!! hands down