PDA

View Full Version : Joey Votto NL MVP

Fnazxc0114
11-22-2010, 06:37 PM
Good for him. I like how he handled mitch williams in the playoffs when he told hime the greatest baseball memory of his childhood was when he gave up the homerun to joe carter in the World Series.

sox83cubs84
11-22-2010, 07:56 PM
Well...at least we won't have an Albert Pujols love fest in the media til December.

Dave Miedema

tbone90
11-22-2010, 11:02 PM
Good for Joey Votto. Nothing against Albert and not to take anything away from what he accomplished this year but they got this one right with the selection of Votto. It's about who stood out among the stars to carry their team and Votto did just that. Just like they got the AL Cy right with King Felix. the award goes to the best pitche periodr, not the pitcher with the best win/loss record on a good team with decent enough stats. It's also nice to see such a good core group of young players in the majors the past couple of years - Votto, Zimmerman, Longoria, Cano, Braun just to name a few.

legaleagle92481
11-23-2010, 01:04 AM
he earned it glad to see the media did not buy the pujols hype. i used to hate when every year they just gave it to bonds and i was worried it was going to be the same with albert. he had a great year but votto was as good and made playoffs.

allstarsplus
11-23-2010, 09:43 AM
I think they got it right and 2nd and 3rd place too. After that there are some crazy placements. Who gives Ryan Howard 2nd and 3rd place votes? His year was fairly close to Adam Dunn who was tied for 21st place.

There were quite a few head scratchers but luckily the writers did the voting and Votto deserved it. If it was the players and coaches voting, it would probably end up like the Gold Glove....Derek Jeter at Shortstop???? :confused: