Re: hambone al mvp

and not even close.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Comment

• cjclong
      • Feb 2006

I was pulling for Hamilton and hoped to see him win. I was surprised that Cano did not get a single first place vote. I would have placed him ahead of Cabera.

Comment

• sox83cubs84
        Banned
        • Apr 2009

Glad to see it.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• cliffjmp33
          • Jun 2010

Can't argue Hamilton deserved it more than anyone in the AL. Glad he won and he continues to be a great story for years to come.
          Cheers,
          Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
          My Memorabilia Collection

Comment

• yankees506
            • Apr 2010

not going to say cano should have won but not even one first place vote? wow you either love em or HATE em.

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
              • Oct 2005

Boy, the Yankee hating voters were in full force this year.

Comment

• Manram
                • Nov 2008

Hamilton totally deserved it. Glad to see him win it

Comment

• kellsox
                  • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Vintagedeputy
                  Boy, the Yankee hating voters were in full force this year.

??? How do you figure? The closest Yankee (cano) did not receive 1 first place vote- does that mean all voters were yankee haters???? Less than half of the voters gave him a second place vote. He finished where he deserved- "yankee haters" had nothing to do with it. Sounds like a bitter yankee fan to me.

Comment

• lakeerie92
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by kellsox
                    ??? How do you figure? The closest Yankee (cano) did not receive 1 first place vote- does that mean all voters were yankee haters???? Less than half of the voters gave him a second place vote. He finished where he deserved- "yankee haters" had nothing to do with it. Sounds like a bitter yankee fan to me.
                    Agreed.
                    Russell Wuerffel
                    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
                    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2009

It just means no one from ESPN was authorized to vote.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
                        • Oct 2005

??? How do you figure? The closest Yankee (cano) did not receive 1 first place vote
                        Exactly my point. One could argue that Cano and Hamilton had equal value to their respective teams (playing devil's advocate). Each led certain categories (although I think Cano's value to the Yankees was a bit higher). For Cano to have less value than Cabrera is even more ridiculous.
                        Gordon Edes cover the Red Sox for the Boston Globe and he once said "It's not the best player, it is the most valuable player". Hamilton played in 133 games, Cano 160. Cano, in my opinion was easily the most valuable player to his team.

Its no different than some scrub .500 pitcher winning the Cy over CC Sabathia. Absolutely ridiculous.

Comment

• lakeerie92
                          • Oct 2008

Cano should have finished fourth behind Bautista.

CC lost to the guy with the best stats outside of W-L. If Felix was on the Yankees and CC was on the Mariners and they had the same stats Yankees fans would be making the Felix argument for everybody that he was better.
                          Russell Wuerffel
                          Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
                          lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Comment

• Fnazxc0114
                            • Aug 2007

vintage do you put much stock in the war statistic? I know you dont know this since the rangers dont get national coverage, but ian kinsler missed about 80 games, nelson cruz went on the dl 4 times, and vladdy did jack the second half of the season. You couple that with the fact that the rangers had 0 production from both the catchers and first base position how can you say cano was more valuable to his team? I can honostly think of about 206 million reason why cano was not the best player in baseball. Heck cano is neither the best player on his team nor is he a leader. Head to Head in the alcs they both had comparables stats. The only one that sticks out was the fact hamilton was intentionally walked 7 times in a 5 game series. Cano has never put that kind of fear in any team he played.
                            Baseball do what it do
                            -Ron Washington

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
                              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Fnazxc0114
                              vintage do you put much stock in the war statistic? I know you dont know this since the rangers dont get national coverage, but ian kinsler missed about 80 games, nelson cruz went on the dl 4 times, and vladdy did jack the second half of the season. You couple that with the fact that the rangers had 0 production from both the catchers and first base position how can you say cano was more valuable to his team? I can honostly think of about 206 million reason why cano was not the best player in baseball. Heck cano is neither the best player on his team nor is he a leader. Head to Head in the alcs they both had comparables stats. The only one that sticks out was the fact hamilton was intentionally walked 7 times in a 5 game series. Cano has never put that kind of fear in any team he played.
                              I stand by my earlier statement. Cano was more valuable to the Yankees, and thusly is more derserving of the award. Hamilton is an excellent player, but this vote was a "feel good" vote, and not about value.

Comment

Working...