PDA

View Full Version : New "Cool Base" Jerseys

GrndSlm
08-09-2006, 10:45 AM
I had one of my clients get traded from the Nationals to the Diamondbacks yesterday. Of course, I raided his locker and kept some of his gamers !! One of them is very interesting because its a mesh fabric with Majestic "iron on" style taking. It also has the size 58 on it and another flag tag on the outer seam that reads Cool Base. The inside wash tag looks the same but it has a 0063, size 58 on it. I obtained this jersey directly from his locker in the clubhouse so the tagging is 100% game used. I can email photos to someone if they will help me post. Ive tried and I guess my Mac is not very compatible.

Thanks,
Juan Iglesias

allstarsplus
08-09-2006, 11:06 AM
The Nationals debuted those white "Cool Base" jerseys at their Season Ticket holder picnic. Many players didn't tuck in their jerseys so you described the tagging as what I saw too.

trsent
08-09-2006, 01:07 PM
I had one of my clients get traded from the Nationals to the Diamondbacks yesterday. Of course, I raided his locker and kept some of his gamers !! One of them is very interesting because its a mesh fabric with Majestic "iron on" style taking. It also has the size 58 on it and another flag tag on the outer seam that reads Cool Base. The inside wash tag looks the same but it has a 0063, size 58 on it. I obtained this jersey directly from his locker in the clubhouse so the tagging is 100% game used. I can email photos to someone if they will help me post. Ive tried and I guess my Mac is not very compatible.

Thanks,
Juan Iglesias

Juan, you can always email your images to me.

dodgersfan
08-09-2006, 01:31 PM
I sold a 2006 Jae Seo cool dry jersey to a fellow forum member and it has some weird fabric under the arm pit so the players can get some air under those stinky pits.
My dodger jersey had the year tag even though the majestic tag on the front of the jersey is kinda like an iron on,Kinda weird looking but if you go on getty images you can see the dodger players wearing these type of jerseys.
Oh one more thing almost all the pitchers are using them on the dodgers this year.

Hope this helps?

Rudy

MVP
08-09-2006, 02:03 PM
Almost all the teams are using at least one style of the new cool base jerseys. I read that they were made available to all teams except for the road greys. The players love them from what I hear. The material is similar to the BP jerseys with a mesh type material under the pits. Kind of cheap looking if you ask me. From what I hear the majority of the unis in 2007 will be the cool base.

henry

trsent
08-09-2006, 02:17 PM
I sold a 2006 Jae Seo cool dry jersey to a fellow forum member and it has some weird fabric under the arm pit so the players can get some air under those stinky pits.
My dodger jersey had the year tag even though the majestic tag on the front of the jersey is kinda like an iron on,Kinda weird looking but if you go on getty images you can see the dodger players wearing these type of jerseys.
Oh one more thing almost all the pitchers are using them on the dodgers this year.

Hope this helps?

Rudy

Here are Rudy's Photos that he just emailed me:

dodgersfan
08-09-2006, 03:09 PM
Thanks Joel!
I know the pictures suck but i hope they help the people that have never seen this type of jersey.

Rudy

larry bourget
08-09-2006, 03:24 PM
This 2006 seasons Toronto Blue Jays black jerseys are the Cool Base fabric, also the Blue Jays "CANADA DAY Jersey's being auctioned on MLB.COM are the Cool Base. The players must like them because the Jays wear them the most, at Home or on the Road.

Larry

bigtime59
08-09-2006, 06:23 PM
This 2006 seasons Toronto Blue Jays black jerseys are the Cool Base fabric, also the Blue Jays "CANADA DAY Jersey's being auctioned on MLB.COM are the Cool Base. The players must like them because the Jays wear them the most, at Home or on the Road.

Larry

From the photos I've seen (check the auctions on mlb.com) the Jays' Canada Day jerseys were straight-up BP pattern, not cool base. (Whether the fabric is different from one to the other, I don't know, but the jerseys definitely conform to the BP sleeve and vent pattern.)
The Japanese have been wearing mesh-like game jerseys for a while now. I have a couple of game worn Orix Blue Wave jerseys by Mizuno, and they're a very interesting fabric.

larry bourget
08-10-2006, 02:51 PM
Thanks BigTime59, i stand corrected on the Jays Canada Day jersey's, that's why i originally would not consider bidding on one because they are just BP jersey's with a "excuse the punn" BigTime P.T.Barnum Auction Price.

Larry

topekabob
08-14-2006, 01:10 AM
These are the exact style of jerseys the Dodgers auctioned off in their game used auction Saturday after the game. I thought they were special "cheapo" jerseys (because the fabric is so thin and the tagging is ironed on!) made for the auction promo but it looks like they're real jerseys! They've been wearing versions of this cheapo material in Japan for years and I always thought it looked amateurish. I bet on a hot day the catchers and pitchers sweat through 5 of those things (in fact, the Dodger rep said that on Saturday Brad Penny changed jerseys twice during the game since he was sweating so much).

indyred
12-06-2006, 01:46 PM
Looks like the Reds must have tried these out as well on some of there home Sunday alternates. At Redsfest I saw for sale a few of cool base one's. Seems like player's must have been given the regular style and cool base in the same all red jersey. I thought they were kinda cheap looking as well and just bought the regular style......I wonder if the cool base style will become the norm in 2007?

Rickphils1
12-13-2006, 05:47 PM
I picked up a Randy Wolf home 2006 jersey this past weekend at the Phillies annual holiday sale of game used items with the 0063 tag. I spoke with the Phillies Community relations director who told me that these were approved this year and used in games. He echoed earlier comments that the players really like them because they are much lighter in weight. Some apparently wore them with long sleeved undershirts when the weather got cooler because they like the feel.