PDA

View Full Version : http://www.americanmemorabilia.com

owen21
11-29-2010, 10:36 PM
Hi I am looking for some advice from anyone who has purchased from these auctions-

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com

Looking to bid on one of their jerseys and would love some feedback on any transactions you guys have had with them.

Also looking for some information on the way their bidding works.

Thanks Owen

ivo610
11-29-2010, 10:56 PM
one of the most talked about sites on this forum. Just doing a search will give you more than enough info.

google search also turns out alot of info as well.

owen21
11-29-2010, 11:02 PM
Thanks Ryan I will do a search. Can you advise me about their bidding system. Do you place your highest bid and then the amount is only raised as others bid like eBay?

Sorry for the simple question

ncbadges
11-30-2010, 08:58 AM
Thanks Ryan I will do a search. Can you advise me about their bidding system. Do you place your highest bid and then the amount is only raised as others bid like eBay?

Sorry for the simple question

What you bid is what you will pay if you win. There is no proxy bidding (like Ebay). If the current bid is $1.00 and you bid $1000...even if no other bids are submitted, you just bought the item for $1000.

Be very careful with them.

ncb

solarlottry
12-01-2010, 01:29 AM
I have won thousands of $$$$ of 49ers gamers in their auctions and have never had a problem although what badges says is true. i made that mistake with a shirt that was at 300$ and bid 1350 and it went right to 1350$. My fault though as i didnt fully read the auction rules. What they auction is like any other auction house-do your own homework! I just emailed Lelands about a "game worn 1994 Rice jersey" which was a retail shirt (and had a number of bids on it already) and they removed it from their auction. With any auction house do your own research and only bid on items that you are completely comfortable with. In AMI's last auction i won a beautiful Todd Shell mid 1980s gamer with very nice use as the only bidder for 200$. Great deals can be found. Sometimes they dont even know what they have. They had a recent 49ers gamer that had a critical piece of information on it that no one had even checked for until i asked if it was present (which it was) so i knew the shirt was real.

Ask questions, ask for more pictures or a better description and you will get it. Victor has been nothing but up front with me about everything i have purchased. When one item didnt show up for over a month i asked and was about to get a refund when it showed up so they do care about customer satisfaction.

ivo610
12-01-2010, 03:07 PM
I called Victor a couple months back for something and this site came up in conversation and his response was "that place is still around?"

I laughed at it. But seriously, the members on here hate american memorabilia about as much as they hate lampson.

sox83cubs84
12-01-2010, 03:10 PM
I called Victor a couple months back for something and this site came up in conversation and his response was "that place is still around?"

I laughed at it. But seriously, the members on here hate american memorabilia about as much as they hate lampson.

Keep in mind, too, that the latter is an authenticator for the former...:eek:

Dave Miedema

platinum1
12-01-2010, 03:15 PM
That site is starting to look bad by the day. The pictures for there auctions look like crap
Buying from them is like buying off Ebay, your not sure what you are
getting until you get it in your hands. Because you cant trust what an Authenticator says about the item.

ivo610
12-01-2010, 04:42 PM
To be fair what they have done with consigning is great. Wish all companies did that.

Mulligans
12-01-2010, 05:11 PM
In my opinion, They are not nearly as bad as their old reputation.

I have been selling with them for a year (a very favorable %) and have been very happy. I post an item in seconds(I don't even have to send it to them)....I get an email when it sells and when the money is in my account....I ship and it is a great format. I don't always get top $$, but I also don't wait around four 4 months waiting for the next big auction. I can literally post and have my money in 2 weeks.

I have sold at a discount, but have also bought at a huge discount. I will say one thing, if it doesn't have good paperwork, I don't even bother because some of the items on AMI and Everywhere else for that matter can be questionable.

I recently bought a pair of David Ortiz Home Run Derby Shoes, A Randy Moss Jersey from NFL Auctions and a great Pedro bat all at a pretty good discount.

Its not perfect, but its way better than eBay!

owen21
12-01-2010, 06:36 PM

thanks I am starting to build a picture ....

Toowon
12-01-2010, 10:16 PM
I love American Memorabilia. They get what I'm most interested in. Probably because Victor is a Pittsburgh dude. I'm purchased many things and never had any issues.

Jstef15
01-19-2011, 02:48 PM
How can you ask questions on an item? There is no contact information.. Also, is Paypal a form of payment?

Thanks,
JS

Mulligans
01-19-2011, 05:40 PM
Some times they will take PayPal....sometimes they will not.....I guess it depends on the actual seller who has listed the item.

If you ever have a question......DO NOT EVER SEND THEM AN EMAIL......YOU WILL NEVER GET A RESPONSE.......If someone picks up the phone at the office....They would be happy to help you out.

Jstef15
01-19-2011, 08:54 PM
Some times they will take PayPal....sometimes they will not.....I guess it depends on the actual seller who has listed the item.

If you ever have a question......DO NOT EVER SEND THEM AN EMAIL......YOU WILL NEVER GET A RESPONSE.......If someone picks up the phone at the office....They would be happy to help you out.

Thanks for your help!