PDA

View Full Version : How Will Braves Sell GU?

eisenreich8
11-30-2010, 03:47 PM
I didn't want to step on Kyle's thread so I am wondering by what method(s) will the Braves organization make their 2010 GU available for sale? On their site, a garage sale, team store? I, too, am interested in obtaining some player jerseys but don't want to pay secondary market prices.

Any tips are much appreciated!

stretch
11-30-2010, 04:23 PM
Turn your pm's on.

eisenreich8
11-30-2010, 05:54 PM
Turn your pm's on.

Done! (I think). Otherwise I'm at redsox04@clear.net. Thanks.

Joe

justinbittner220
11-30-2010, 07:29 PM
I'm up for any insight on the Braves as well. justinbittner220@hotmail.com

Manram
11-30-2010, 08:19 PM
They just had a one day sale a list sent out via email today selling 2010 jerseys and bats. Had heyward bats for 500, and ankiels and melky's for 25

Sonny25
11-30-2010, 08:40 PM
Would also very much appreciate any info.

PM or email is roberson7878@gmail.com

Thanks!

amgmap
11-30-2010, 09:18 PM
Same here. I would like any info on how to get on this mailing list. Thanks! amgmap@gmail.com

lehmsbobby
11-30-2010, 09:24 PM
same please!

email below

eisenreich8
11-30-2010, 09:36 PM
Okay, I have no info so I'll wait along with the rest of you guys. Does anyone have this list or resource to share? Thank you.

Manram
11-30-2010, 11:05 PM
Im sure by now all the items are gone, as it is only a one day sale, and now they go back to normal price.

gameused
11-30-2010, 11:16 PM
Just email Lisa and ask her to put you on the Braves game used email list:
Lisa Wessinger
Lisa.Wessinger@braves.com

stretch
12-01-2010, 12:06 PM
Gameused just provide you with the contact that I was going to pm you with. I thought it was best to pm it, but no biggie. Enjoy!

eisenreich8
12-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Gameused just provide you with the contact that I was going to pm you with. I thought it was best to pm it, but no biggie. Enjoy!

Stretch and Gameused, thank you both! I sent Lisa an email last night but can't check her response till tonight. I owe you guys. Thanks again.

Joe

cigarman44
12-13-2010, 05:29 PM
So did anyone get anything good today?

I got the Ankiel set 2 road alternate jersey. He stopped using the only other one they had on Sept 17. Hopefully mine is his playoff top!

AutographAddiction
12-13-2010, 05:54 PM
I was hoping to get a Braves jersey, but nothing caught my eye that also agreed with my wallet. Anyone want to sell me something already in their collection? I need(want) to get a braves jersey fro christmas!

Thanks.

AutographAddiction
12-13-2010, 05:56 PM
For* Christmas...

Please make a post edit or delete button, mods!

Thanks!

eisenreich8
12-13-2010, 06:39 PM
Thanks to the thoughtfulness and consideration shown me by a couple of fellow forum members, I was able to grab some time at work and purchase 2 Alex Gonzalez jerseys.

A 2010 home and a 2010 Home Alternate (red).

Hard to part with the cash this time of year but I feel good.

Joe

justinbittner220
12-13-2010, 08:06 PM
Just email Lisa and ask her to put you on the Braves game used email list:
Lisa Wessinger
Lisa.Wessinger@braves.com

This seems to be easier said than done. I've purchased numerous items from the Braves and sent countless emails asking to be added, but have had no luck. I can't even get a response. Has anyone else had this issue?

Klattsy
12-14-2010, 11:08 PM
Lisa has been nothing but great to me. Obviously doesn't reply outside of work hours, but that works out fine when your 14hrs ahead :) Was very kind and understanding. Surprised that she hasn't gotten back to you. Possibly just busy with the sale?

Mark.

kylehess10
12-15-2010, 01:06 PM
I got the only Brooks Conrad home jersey on the list. Conrad wore 2 home jerseys in 2010 so I have a 50/50 chance that it's from his walk-off grand slam in May. Luck may be on my side though cuz it's his set 1 jersey. I'll know when I pick the jerseys up, hopefully today.

I also bought both Nate McLouth home jerseys in hopes of getting his walk-off homerun jersey....the one where the whole team fled into the clubhouse and McLouth was greeted by no one at home plate. Once I match the right jersey I plan on just selling the other one.

Also for a forum member who couldn't purchase from the Braves, I got for him the JC Boscan home jersey. If he didn't want the jersey then I may have bought the jersey for myself. He spent like 14 years in the minors and had his only major league at-bat in September. It looks to be his only at-bat in the major leagues so it would be a cool jersey to own with a neat story to go with it.

cigarman44
12-15-2010, 03:53 PM
I got the only Brooks Conrad home jersey on the list. Conrad wore 2 home jerseys in 2010 so I have a 50/50 chance that it's from his walk-off grand slam in May. Luck may be on my side though cuz it's his set 1 jersey. I'll know when I pick the jerseys up, hopefully today.

I also bought both Nate McLouth home jerseys in hopes of getting his walk-off homerun jersey....the one where the whole team fled into the clubhouse and McLouth was greeted by no one at home plate. Once I match the right jersey I plan on just selling the other one.

Also for a forum member who couldn't purchase from the Braves, I got for him the JC Boscan home jersey. If he didn't want the jersey then I may have bought the jersey for myself. He spent like 14 years in the minors and had his only major league at-bat in September. It looks to be his only at-bat in the major leagues so it would be a cool jersey to own with a neat story to go with it.

Did they back out on you on the Boscan? That would be crappy. I probably wont get mine til after the new year since it still has to be mlb holo'd.

kylehess10
12-15-2010, 05:28 PM
Did they back out on you on the Boscan? That would be crappy. I probably wont get mine til after the new year since it still has to be mlb holo'd.

Who? The Braves or the forum member that wanted me to get the jersey?

I did claim the Boscan jersey and the forum member always pays me on time and is kind enough to send me a little extra for getting equipment for him. He lives in Venezuela and can't buy a lot of stuff or sell things in the states so I help him out all the time. I still have to go pick up my jerseys. Lisa said today would be the earliest I could get them but I never got an e-mail so I guess I have to wait a little longer.

cigarman44
12-15-2010, 05:39 PM

I did claim the Boscan jersey and the forum member always pays me on time and is kind enough to send me a little extra for getting equipment for him. He lives in Venezuela and can't buy a lot of stuff or sell things in the states so I help him out all the time. I still have to go pick up my jerseys. Lisa said today would be the earliest I could get them but I never got an e-mail so I guess I have to wait a little longer.

The way you worded it, I thought the forum member might have backed out.

cigarman44
12-15-2010, 05:40 PM

I re-read it and it makes since now :D

cigarman44
12-15-2010, 05:55 PM
I re-read it and it makes since now :D

Now if I could only use the right "sence". It's been a long day....

kylehess10
12-15-2010, 06:49 PM
Now if I could only use the right "sence". It's been a long day....

It really must've been a long day. I think you meant "sense" both times :D

cigarman44
12-15-2010, 07:01 PM
working in a building that is 30 degrees numbs the brain...

FinalBeast
12-16-2010, 02:36 PM
Can someone PM me the E-Mail address?

kylehess10
12-17-2010, 04:57 PM
I couldn't be any more disappointed than I am now. I just picked up my jerseys from CNN.

Conrad only wore 2 jerseys in 2010, and the jersey I got isn't the one from the walk-off. It's his second-half jersey (I photomatched it though).

I got the only 2 Nate McLouth jerseys on the list and NEITHER are his jersey from his walk-off homerun in April that I wanted.

That's $1,000 down the drain that I didn't even really have.

Gambling sucks.

ziggy
12-17-2010, 05:45 PM
Looks like the braves do not know what was worn and was not worn:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-ESCOBAR-Atlanta-Braves-Game-Used-Jersey-BLUE-JAYS-/250743821460?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a617f1494#ht_3382wt_932

kylehess10
12-17-2010, 06:05 PM
All of the jerseys I got have a black dot on the Majestic tag. I'm guessing that signifies it as game used. Not sure why that Escobar wouldn't have one

eisenreich8
12-17-2010, 06:40 PM
I couldn't be any more disappointed than I am now. I just picked up my jerseys from CNN.

Conrad only wore 2 jerseys in 2010, and the jersey I got isn't the one from the walk-off. It's his second-half jersey (I photomatched it though).

I got the only 2 Nate McLouth jerseys on the list and NEITHER are his jersey from his walk-off homerun in April that I wanted.

Gambling sucks.

Kyle, that is very upsetting. I am sorry for your discouraging news. I will email you tomorrow when time permits. The plan tonight is to watch a Christmas movie with the kids.

cigarman44
12-17-2010, 11:35 PM

Gambling sucks.

Sorry to hear that Kyle!

ziggy
12-18-2010, 12:15 PM
That stinks...That is a lot of $$ for Conrad...Isn't he the guy that made all the errors in the playoffs?

kylehess10
12-18-2010, 12:42 PM
Thanks guys.....and yea he's the one with the errors in the playoffs. His accomplishments during the regular season made it seem worth it though to go for it.

Number9
12-18-2010, 04:59 PM
I feel for you Kyle, good try.

I tried that with a red Teixeira jersey a couple of years and had plenty of great photos and unfortunately they did not match the jersey. Was very disappointing, thinking about what could have been.

You still have a nice photo-matched Conrad and hopefully if you sell it you will do okay on it. All indications are he will still be an important part of the Braves next season.