PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Manny Ramirez Glomar Game Used Nick Name Bat!

bostongameused
12-01-2010, 09:29 PM
Thank you for taking the time to look at my post. As we know there are quite a few Manny Ramirez bats out there. However, I have decided to sell one of his rarer models. Its a 2010 Game Used Glomar bat. I obtained this bat this year when he was in Chicago. The bat shows good game use. Several ball and seem impressions as well as some mota stick residue. Bat remains uncracked but the special part about this bat is that it is a nickname bat. The barrel reads Model A-G110 Manolo and " A Sure Hit" . Truly a great bat. Please look at the pictures. Asking $499 or best offer. I may also consider some cash trade if you have the right item. The knob as the numbers 34 32 99 and I have included some pictures of him using a Glomar bat as a member of the Dodgers.

bostongameused
12-01-2010, 09:30 PM
a few more pictures

bostongameused
12-03-2010, 09:04 AM
sold pending payment. thank you for all you inquiries

gameused
12-03-2010, 08:46 PM
sold pending payment. thank you for all you inquiries

To the person who purchased this Glomar Manolo bat.......I hope you get your money back from Dan. This bat was definitely not used by Manny Ramirez.

Thanks, Bobby
hawaii_five0@yahoo.com

earlywynnfan
12-03-2010, 08:48 PM
To the person who purchased this Glomar Manolo bat.......I hope you get your money back from Dan. This bat was definitely not used by Manny Ramirez.

Thanks, Bobby
hawaii_five0@yahoo.com (hawaii_five0@yahoo.com)

Perhaps you could tell why??

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

gameused
12-03-2010, 09:09 PM
Perhaps you could tell why??

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Ken,

After I speak to the buyer...I will explain.

Thanks, Bobby

gameused
12-05-2010, 03:08 PM
Here's proof that the "Manolo" bat was not used by Manny Ramirez.

Thank's for your patience.....Bobby

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=39840

bostongameused
12-05-2010, 06:31 PM
Game Used and the GUU Community:

Recent activities concerning my post of a Manny Ramirez Monolo bat have left me no option but to respond. Before I do so some foundation must be laid and my relationship with Bobby is truly relevant.

Following Manny Ramirez’s trade from the Boston Red Sox I was given the remaining items use by Manny during his stint with the Red Sox. It was at this point that I came to know Bobby, an avid Manny fan. I had several bats of Manny’s that Bobby coveted. Two of which were a heavily used SSK Model and a Japanese Model bat. Unfortunately, when he contacted me I had reached a tentative deal with another avid Manny fan whose name I shall omit. While dealing with each I found it odd that these two collectors were at odds with each other. Both spoke poorly about one another and I chalked it up to the competitive nature of the hobby. In the end I sold the bats to Bobby as he seemed to be a passionate Manny fan.

A few days later a pleasant relationship with Bobby was formed. He kindly sent me some coffee and granola and from this point forward I offered every Manny item I had or was offered to me to Bobby. As the two short years progressed Bobby continued to purchase several items from me. In fact he often helped me find buyers for my items again a token of Bobby’s kind nature. Aside from Bobby many of you on the forum or in the collecting hobby have purchased items from me with pleasant results.

Unfortunately this past August my relationship with Bobby ended. I had a pounded Manny Mash bat that he coveted. Due to the recent friction in my previous negotiations with Bobby our relationship had soured before this final attempted transaction. I say this because as previously mentioned I would offer several Manny or game used items to Bobby and he would beat me down on price say it was this and that only for me to lower my price and see him post the items on GUU as photo-matched. This rubbed me the wrong way. Thus in our negotiation for the final pounded Manny Mash bat things escalated to me getting angry and refusing to sell the bat to him. Later on I apologized but never heard back from Bobby.

I was not sure of what to make of our relationship after that day but it was safe to say we would no longer be doing any deals. Then late during this baseball season I made the following post, which Bobby commented on:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=38144

This confirmed to me that our relationship was over. I chalked it up as the cost of doing business and mostly my fault for getting angry when perhaps I should not have.

This brings me to the present day and the Manny Monolo bat. I was brought this bat along with several others this past week. In examining the bat and its use it appeared consistent with Manny’s use. It even had wear on the knob end from where Manny hits his bat on the plate. In fact my first thought when I received the bat was I didn’t know Glomar still made bats and wow a nickname bat. I did a search online and found pictures of Manny using a like model and felt comfortable posting the bat.

Well what appeared to be a cool bat turned into a nightmare. Although I’ve worked with Manny and a number of players I have never proclaimed myself an expert. There are many things I don’t know. The more you learn the more you realize there is so much you don’t know.

I have always respected Bobby’s knowledge and the amount of time he puts into collecting Manny. I have been a member of this community for a while now. Why would I post a doctored Manny bat on the forum for sale knowing Bobby scans not only the forum but every Manny at bat and Manny item offered for sale? I wouldn’t and the reason I did is because I thought the item was legit.

There are times like this that help define who you are and what you stand for. If anyone is still reading at this point I would like to ask that those whom know me, what I stand for, and have had a successful transaction with me to stand up and post here. It is far too easy to allow one person to post something negative and even easier to turn ones back on that person.

I am disappointed Bobby never expressed his concerns directly to me but instead went right to the forum. Had I received this information I would never have attempted to sell the bat and would have posted that the item was no longer for sale. Perhaps there is an ulterior motive. Regardless, I respect Bobby even though I may not agree with how he handled the situation.

As a side note my connections within the hobby consist of the players I work with, clubhouse attendants, and many of the same person(s) places that Bobby retrieves his Red Sox items. In fact the recent pickup of Bobby’s (V-Mart) catching gear came from me. I want to thank you for taking the time to read this and for your consideration.

Thanks

Bostongameused (my user name will not change)

TFig27
12-05-2010, 06:38 PM
Who did you get the bat from?

RRexpressfan94
12-05-2010, 10:10 PM
nice fake "gamer" bro.