PDA

View Full Version : WARNING: Mike Schultz (gamerbats7110,manica71,brewers1994,mes19712010)

SkubeBats
12-03-2010, 04:19 PM
Hello,
I just want to let everyone know that our favorite rip off artist is back at it again. His name is Mike Schultz (no relation to me) is back on EBAY selling. He is now going by the EBAY user name gamerbats7110. You can do a search on here for his other EBAY names mes19712010, Brewers1994, manica71. You will see what I mean. Stay away from his stuff unless you want to buy fishy items. I'm not saying all his stuff is junk but there a many, many questionable items he has sold to fellow members on here and EBAY and around the Milwaukee area. He has items listed right now on EBAY. When I look at the Winfield bat and see those funny looking ball marks they look like the bat was used at a local batting cage. Lot's of his bats in the past have had these funny ball marks. Troy at MEARS will tell you all the same thing I'm telling you about Mike. Troy has always said it looks like his bats are use at a batting cage. He has been banned on here several times and he reads this forum all the time. So I know he will see this post. If you have any questions feel free to email me.

EurekaDave
12-03-2010, 05:43 PM
I see what you mean. I was just looking at a "game-used Rickey Henderson" glove, opening price $.99. No coa and said he got it from a clubhouse source.

Not to say it's not legit. My deep apologies if it is. I've jst been burned wa-a-a-a-ay too many times by "clubhouse sources."

DS

SkubeBats
12-04-2010, 12:09 PM
When you look at the one Fielder bat he has up for sale it also has those funny ball marks on it like the Winfield bat. Another thing aout his Fielder bats is that their all missing his taped up handles which is a Fielder trait. Now he has like 6 pairs of AROD batting gloves up on EBAY and they all show about the same amount of use. You would think some would have more use and some would have less use. Also it's a good explination that he gave on the Winfield jersey, Ha Ha. He has tride to sell the Henderson glove many times in tha past along with the Winfield bat and the Biggio bat. You can tell that some people question his Biggio bat in the past just by what he says in the discription. STAY AWAY FROM HIS ITEMS. DON'T GET BURNED BY HIM!!

bronx_burner
12-04-2010, 01:39 PM
This guy is a cancer to this hobby.

Oh, and his "Henderson glove" http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260702362335 (pic from his auction below), used to be a Mattingly glove in 2007 from Hunt Auctions http://www.huntauctions.com/online/imageviewer.cfm?auction_num=30&lot_num=824&lot_qual= (2nd pic below).

About a year ago this was listed on ebay (probably by him as well) with both the added 24 to the Rawlings logo and the Mattingly auto on the glove, and described as a Henderson glove autographed by Mattingly. Also listed in Legendary's May 2010 auction - it was pulled. http://www.legendaryauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=109288

SkubeBats
12-04-2010, 02:27 PM
That's for sure the same glove. I know he has listed several ways over the past year or so. I will keep posting about this guy until he either gets caught or stops doing this for good.

nationals2k9
12-05-2010, 10:03 AM
He sold me a Manny 1993 batting helmet over a year ago... was an ABC helmet manufactured in April '93 with proper stickers and size. He told me he used to work in baseball in the 90's and got most of his stuff through trades with other team's employees. Even called me and talked for 20 minutes. But after wondering why the heck this guy would ever have Manny's rookie helmet, and why he would ever sell it to me for chump change, and then of course reading about him on here... I decided there was no way it was the real thing and got rid of it. I have no idea how anyone can forge a helmet to the point of manipulating the manufacture date and all the rest, but with any questions about an item like that, I had no other choice. The letter he sent with it looked like it was done by a 5-year old. I agree he needs to be avoided and hopefully reprimanded at some point!

earlywynnfan
12-11-2010, 07:25 AM
At least his time and effort didn't really pay off with the glove, sold for $666. Probably lost a little money on it. Too bad for the buyer, though.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

SkubeBats
12-11-2010, 01:35 PM
His auctions are over this time but he was able to sell some of his questionable items once again. I still wouldn't buy any items from him. To bad he gets away with this and is never going to be stopped. Just keep an eye open for his future auctions and his items.

bronx_burner
01-21-2011, 11:25 AM
Bumping this because I just wanted to point out that "basketballbones" who just got banned due to his posts in the auction forum concerning the Albert Pujols bat IS Mike Schulz, whom we were discussing here in this thread. This is one of the threads:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=40852

I have no opinion on the Pujols bat and I have never seen anything to imply that Bert is anything other than a valuable member of the GU community.

What I do find ironic is the balls of Mike Schulz to come on here and start a post like that when he himself is a known crook. So I just wanted to bump this in the event any of you come across this swindler. basketballbones@juno.com is one of his email addresses. He likes to tell people that he was a bat boy to help sell his doctored items to you. And will probably email you the pics below to try to drive it home. You can see examples of his poor writing style in his posts in those threads, and his emails are just about the same, rambling and incoherent. He starts new ebay accounts quite often so keeping up with them is a challenge. Jamie has listed several of them in this thread. So if you receive an email from that address or see pics like these, stay away.

nationals2k9
01-21-2011, 12:00 PM
Bumping this because I just wanted to point out that "basketballbones" who just got banned due to his posts in the auction forum concerning the Albert Pujols bat IS Mike Schulz, whom we were discussing here in this thread. This is one of the threads:

I have no opinion on the Pujols bat and I have never seen anything to imply that Bert is anything other than a valuable member of the GU community.

What I do find ironic is the balls of Mike Schulz to come on here and start a post like that when he himself is a known crook. So I just wanted to bump this in the event any of you come across this swindler. basketballbones@juno.com is one of his email addresses. He likes to tell people that he was a bat boy to help sell his doctored items to you. And will probably email you the pics below to try to drive it home. You can see examples of his poor writing style in his posts in those threads, and his emails are just about the same, rambling and incoherent. He starts new ebay accounts quite often so keeping up with them is a challenge. Jamie has listed several of them in this thread. So if you receive an email from that address or see pics like these, stay away.

When he sold me, rather when I was dumb enough to buy... the stupid Manny fake batting helmet, he said a bunch about being a ball boy in the American League in the early 90's and making trades with other ball boys and thus accumulating all of this nice stuff. And as you mentioned, he was rather bad on the phone and the letter I asked him to write was the work of a child. He even used some woman's account/email/paypal and said that was his girlfriend. Who is he supposed to be in those pics? The idiot with the sweet wind pants or the sunburned arms guy? And sure looks a lot like the County Stadium outfield wall! Is there anything beyond warning each other about this guy that we can do to keep him away forever? Would the local authorities care enough to pursue something? I really do hate this shady character!

nationals2k9
01-21-2011, 12:01 PM
When he sold me, rather when I was dumb enough to buy... the stupid Manny fake batting helmet, he said a bunch about being a ball boy in the American League in the early 90's and making trades with other ball boys and thus accumulating all of this nice stuff. And as you mentioned, he was rather bad on the phone and the letter I asked him to write was the work of a child. He even used some woman's account/email/paypal and said that was his girlfriend. Who is he supposed to be in those pics? The idiot with the sweet wind pants or the sunburned arms guy? And sure looks a lot like the County Stadium outfield wall! Is there anything beyond warning each other about this guy that we can do to keep him away forever? Would the local authorities care enough to pursue something? I really do hate this shady character!

*Bat boy (whatever)

SkubeBats
01-21-2011, 12:33 PM
I love those pictures he tried those on me to a long time ago. Anyone can stand by Yount and get their picture taken. The other pictures you can't even make out who it is. He's a real clown and I wish he would get banned from here for good. He keeps pulling this crap over and over and nothing happens. Just stay away from him...

OaklandAsFan
01-21-2011, 01:12 PM
my 2 cents on those pics is that those were taking during ST and most teams grabs kids from the stands to be the bat/ball boy and have made a practice of this for years.

No comment on anything else though, just wanted to point that out.

Masimen
01-21-2011, 01:18 PM
This guy tried to sell me a bunch of Jeter bats in December. I happened to be in Chicago working for a few days and he was hot to trot to come down and do a transaction in person. I looked at the pics he sent and something just smelled bad. He also had Arod bats, cleats and a glove. Had no idea it was Mike Schultz. He was using the basketballbones email. Thankfully I followed my instincts and stayed away.

5kRunner
01-21-2011, 01:28 PM
The story he told me is that he was a bat boy for the Cubs in the early 90's and had pics to prove it. Of course he sent me the pics with Robin Yount, etc. and a fuzzy team photo from 1993.

Still trying to figure out how a pic with Robin Yount proves you were a bat boy with the Cubs. :rolleyes:

earlywynnfan
03-16-2011, 06:09 PM
He's now selling on ebay as midwestcollect11. He had the Steve Carlton bat with the fuzzy pictures that closed last week.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

SkubeBats
03-16-2011, 09:07 PM
Ken,
Thanks for the update. This guy is nothing but trouble stay away!!

momen55
03-17-2011, 08:02 AM

he looks a bit old for a batboy. what a joke. i would be ashamed to do and say something like this.

Dach0sen0ne
03-17-2011, 01:53 PM
he looks a bit old for a batboy. what a joke. i would be ashamed to do and say something like this.

Batman?

wllump52
03-19-2011, 05:44 PM
was burned by him when I first got into the hobby about 6 years ago with a purchase of 3 bats...same stories and pictures were sent...he even sent an loa...live and learn

SkubeBats
04-11-2011, 10:24 AM
He has a few items for sale once again on EBAY. Please stay away from him and his items. NOTHING BUT TROUBLE!! He is now using the user name midwestcollect11. He is also a memeber on here.

SkubeBats
05-25-2011, 10:14 PM
Mike Schultz is back at it. This time he's going by the EBAY name brewcrew82_1. This time he's selling fake Braun bats and other bats on EBAY. One of the Braun bat's he's selling I once owned it. When I owned the bat it was in unused showed no use and now it shows game use to it. Here is his pictures of his Braun bat. For some reason I can't post my pictures of the Braun bat I once owned but you can see them under an old post where I was selling this Braun bat. The post was RYAN BRAUN 2009. Compare the pics and you will see that he faked the use on this bat. If you can't find the post please email me and I will email you some pics of the Braun bat I had. If anyone can post pictures from my Braun post please add them to this post. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS BUM...

spartanservitto
05-25-2011, 10:50 PM
Is your initial braun on here? What is the name of thread, I cant find it.

-Tony

SkubeBats
05-25-2011, 10:55 PM
I just updated my the post on the Braun bat I had on the classified posts. I put his bat pictures up so you can compare the bats and see their the same bats. If anyone has any question please email me.

spartanservitto
05-25-2011, 10:59 PM
I just updated my the post on the Braun bat I had on the classified posts. I put his bat pictures up so you can compare the bats and see their the same bats. If anyone has any question please email me.

You are absolutely correct, nice catch.

-Tony

SkubeBats
05-25-2011, 11:03 PM
I knew it was the same bat right away. I don't forget the bats I have owned and sold. I'm kinda funny that way. I just want to keep everyone updated about this guy. So if you see his items on EBAY please stay away. He has changed his name on here and on EBAY many, many times.

SkubeBats
05-25-2011, 11:09 PM
Here is another picture of his bat. Look you can see the same marks on his bat and mine.

frikativ54
05-26-2011, 08:16 AM
Can you post pics of both bats in this thread? Didn't see your Classifieds post...

SkubeBats
05-26-2011, 09:09 AM
Lez,
I don't have pictures of my Braun bat left on my computer. You can look at my other post in the classified add under "Ryan Braun 2009 Sam Bat". I updated that post lastnight and down loaded his bats pictures onto that post so you can look at both bats. I emailled Greg one of the moderators on here to see if he could take my pictures from my "Ryan Braun 2009 Sam bat" add and place them on this post but haven't heard anything back from him. But like I said if you look at my my other post you can see both bat. If you can't find them please email me and I'll try to down load them for an email.

dcgreg25
05-26-2011, 09:19 AM
Jamie,

Here are the pics you emailed me and asked that I post.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/gregguy25/rb5.jpg http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/gregguy25/rb4.jpg
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/gregguy25/rb3.jpg http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/gregguy25/rb2.jpg
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/gregguy25/rb1.jpg

SkubeBats
05-26-2011, 09:31 AM
Greg,
Thanks for the help. Now people can see that the Braun bat I had is the same one he is selling on EBAY now with use. He most think everyone is stupid or blind. I'm glad that I have proof now that he sell's nothing but fake game used items.

SkubeBats
05-26-2011, 09:39 AM
Here pictures of his Braun bat once again now the post are closer together and you can see its the same bat.

SkubeBats
05-26-2011, 09:40 AM
Sorry here are the pictures of his Braun bat.

ryant7
05-26-2011, 06:19 PM
Hey i can legitimately tell you i was a batboy ....lol i need to dig up my old team photos with me on the front row i raced to the stadium from school both seasons just to get in the picture, i actually changed into my uniform before last period one year and wore it through the whole class just to save time and not keep the team waiting. the lower right picture with Corky Miller was taken on my birthday he signed to Vern happy birthday That was the nickname given to me by the players ...... i stayed at Ruben Mateos apartment that night and made 300 dollars to drive him and his brother to the airport because it was the all-star break. I left my ice cream cake in his freezer lmao. Ah i miss those days http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t328/ryant77/P5260003.jpg

camarokids
05-26-2011, 07:42 PM
I am confused. Ryant7 is not the person is question is he?

SkubeBats
05-26-2011, 10:00 PM
No Ryant7 isn't the bad guy it's Mike Schultz....

camarokids
05-27-2011, 07:24 AM
No Ryant7 isn't the bad guy it's Mike Schultz....

What had me confused was Ryant7 saying he could prove he was a batboy....

ryant7
05-27-2011, 05:03 PM
Camaro i was just jumping in because i seen pics of the person in question and felt like jumping in to let everyone know i was a batboy. Because there are still doubters.

camarokids
05-28-2011, 09:08 PM
Camaro i was just jumping in because i seen pics of the person in question and felt like jumping in to let everyone know i was a batboy. Because there are still doubters.

I am sorry people doubt you. Take some pics of yourself in the dugout or in the clubhouse if possible. That should do it....

ryant7
05-29-2011, 07:29 AM
lol i havent been a batboy since 04-05 seasons i quit because there was more drama between employees than a tupperware party should have..... it was fun while it lasted though got to meet a lot of top notch players and amass a very large collection of firewood :p

SkubeBats
05-31-2011, 01:03 PM
I'm now receiveing threatening EBAY & email messages from this jerk. He said he's going to kick my *** in person. He aslo is making fun of my DAD who has been fighting canser for over 9 1/2 years. What a scum bag!!

As of today I have turned all my information & messages from him over to my local police who said they would be happy to help put an end to his games.

If anyone has anymore information about him or if you had any run ins with him please email me so I can give this information to my local police.