Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yankees506
    • Apr 2010

Derek Jeter bat Legit?

Ok guys i recently got an unsolicited email from a person claiming to have a steiner jeter bat for sale, after a few emails the seller mentioned the "steiner coa was mis-placed but the original hologram is on the bat". thats a big red flag for me, i just want to ask if this could be legit.
    Attached Files
  • lakeerie92
    • Oct 2008

Re: Derek Jeter bat Legit?

It doesn't look good, but it is hard to say at this point. Since Steiner doesn't have a database of past stuff I could take a Steiner sticker off a cheap baseball and put it on a retail authentic bat(recently several have surface without lines under the 125 and appear to match a real gamer). Add some use to the bat and now I turned $90 into $1,000+. There are several red flags that would make me stay away. Anytime you buy a bat at that price from Steiner you aren't going to just misplace the letter. Jeter uses mota stick on his handle and it looks more like pine tar on this one. A picture of the knob would help too, if it has dates then that is a positive, and if it has absolutely nothing stamped in then it looks again like a retail authentic.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Comment

• stlbats
      • Nov 2005

Its hard to tell from the photo you posted, but sometimes you can measure the distance under the 125 and see if someone has covered up the line somehow. I have seen this several times where someone has filled in the line and painted over it.

Looks like pine tar to me too.

Jason

Comment

• Neal
        • Jan 2010

Is it that easy to take a Steiner holo off? I would imagine these would be tamper proof.

And I do not think it is entirely implausible that the cert was misplaced - my buddy once threw out season tix by accident!
        looking for Phillies GU bats

Comment

• justinbittner220
          • Apr 2010

Does Jeter pine tar like that?

Comment

• gorilla777
            • Aug 2009

The handle coating looks completely off to any of his bats that I have ever seen. The mota stick, if heavy, is always a grayish, almost white color up to about the label. That almost looks like pine tar?
            It could be a Jeter bat used by Alex Rodriguez possibly....hard to tell from the photos.

Ben

Comment

Working...