PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! Photo match help requested.

rmichne
12-05-2010, 08:05 PM
Hey Guys,
I am formally soliciting second, third or fourth opinions (or more) on the photomatch of this 2010 Lou Piniella home pinstripe jersey. I have a couple of photos from his final game on August 22 of this year and I am trying to figure out one way or another whether this is his final game worn jersey. I did something, the smartness or stupidness to be determined. After Lou packed his bags for the last time this August, I proceeded to purchase all the Piniella home pinstripe jerseys from Steiner Sports with the hopes of nailing the final jersey. I took two out of the running based on the pinstripe seam line ups, the position of the two patches and the location of the buttons to the pinstripes. I believe that this jersey is a match from the August 22 game against the Braves. I have posted four photos of the jersey from the front showing the pinstripes and the patches and some shots from Getty and US Presswire for comparison.

I welcome any input regarding the photo matching of this jersey either by post or by email.

I thank all you 'eagle eyed photo matchers' in advance.

Sincerely,

Ron Michne Jr
rmichne@yahoo.com

kylehess10
12-15-2010, 01:17 PM
Why did nobody respond to this post?

This jersey is AMAZING. After Piniella retired, I too was curious to know if Steiner would have the jersey, but with the amount they charge for his jerseys, I didn't have the money to just buy all of them up. You did a really smart thing by doing that.

The pinstripes definitely look like they match up. They look dead-on. If you just have a match to the back of the jersey, then I'd consider it official that you have his final jersey.

astros5.7
12-15-2010, 01:58 PM
Pic of the back

rmichne
12-17-2010, 11:14 PM
Kyle & Astros (I do not know your name),

I thank you both as the only replyers to my post. I not only thank you but also provide a shot of the back of the jersey. I would say now that it is a 100% match to the August 22, 2010 jersey. I am so excited and plan on getting the jersey signed and inscribed by 'Sweet Lou' this January. I hesitate to have him write 'Final Game Worn Jersey' as we all know how much he loves the game and may indeed come back after his personal issues are in better sorts. I am going to work on photomatching the pairs of pinstripe pants I also picked up from Steiner. Not sure how that will go as there are less patches and numbers to line up. I also picked up a game used hat from Steiner with the '41' written inside it. On the LOA it only says game used 2010 Cubs hat.

I thank you again for your help. Kyle, I am especially happy to get your seal of approval on the jersey. I consider you to be probably the best photo matcher on the forum.

Very Sincerely,

Ron Michne Jr

PS. I forgot to mention that I also picked up Lou's opening day Road jersey from 2010. I have also attached a photo of this jersey as Lou shook hands with Bobby Cox at home plate.