PDA

View Full Version : ebay seller?

momen55
12-06-2010, 01:52 PM
anyone here know who ebay seller 714dirk is? they/he/she had a bat listed as uncracked and i got it and it is worthless as it is cracked. how can you as a seller not notice something like that so obvious?
that is 2 bats in a row now that i have bought that have been cracked and the seller "didn't notice the crack". that is a bunch of crap.
i guess i will have to ask for more pics of items. and if they don't agree, well i guess they are hiding something. :mad:

legaleagle92481
12-06-2010, 02:21 PM
I don't know the seller but I disagree with your statement that a cracked bat is worthless, that is defintely a false statement. Why don't you just file a Paypal claim if you feel he/she misdescribed it?

yankees506
12-06-2010, 02:29 PM
really how is the bat worthless because it is cracked. did you plan on using it yourself? thats the only way i could imagine its worthless because of a crack

Fnazxc0114
12-06-2010, 03:10 PM
If somebody only collect uncracked bats a cracked bat would be worthless. Id definately pay a premium for one that was uncracked.

jbsportstuff
12-06-2010, 04:28 PM
File a complaint with Paypal/Ebay.

I don't follow the logic in saying that a cracked bat is worthless. Most every bat gets cracked - at least the ones with a lot of use...it's part of the game.

momen55
12-06-2010, 06:59 PM
it's worthless to me because i don't buy cracked bats only uncracked ones. if someone is going to sell me something i expect it to be what they describe it to be.
and not turn around later after i mention the problem and say they didn't know the bat was cracked when the crack is obvious.
that has happened 3 times all with the same answer; "i didn't know it was cracked?". yea right. and yes, i did file a complaint. i am not putting up with that crap. if someone has to be dishonest with me to sell something, i want nothing to do with them.

yankees506
12-06-2010, 07:36 PM
to each his own i guess. Ive had the old bait and switch pulled on me a few times so now i pay the same for a bat cracked or uncracked. its the only way i think i can collect, i wont pay a premium for a bat being sold as uncracked because if issues like this.

legaleagle92481
12-06-2010, 09:28 PM
The hard part is proving when the crack happened. If its not obvious in the photos the seller can claim it must have happened in transit in which case you are out of luck if you didn't buy insurance or it was not included in the price. I got screwed like that once with celebrity cancelled checks I bought. The listing said no returns and the high shipping cost did not include insurance. They arrived looking like a bomb hit them, creased, torn in spots in one cash part of a signature rubbed off onto another one of the checks. The pics showed none of this and he said hmm mustve happened in transit they were mint when they left here and you didn't buy insurance which you should have done. Paypal sided with him.

kudu
12-07-2010, 01:24 AM
The hard part is proving when the crack happened. If its not obvious in the photos the seller can claim it must have happened in transit in which case you are out of luck if you didn't buy insurance or it was not included in the price. I got screwed like that once with celebrity cancelled checks I bought. The listing said no returns and the high shipping cost did not include insurance. They arrived looking like a bomb hit them, creased, torn in spots in one cash part of a signature rubbed off onto another one of the checks. The pics showed none of this and he said hmm mustve happened in transit they were mint when they left here and you didn't buy insurance which you should have done. Paypal sided with him.

Actually, it is the sellers responsibility to have the item shipped as described, even if the buyer does not pay insurance. A buyer can file an "item not as described" complaint to ebay. Here is a link to the process in doing so:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/item-not-received.html

To the OP, If you don't want the bat, I would suggest filing a complaint with ebay about your item.

momen55
12-07-2010, 10:00 AM
Actually, it is the sellers responsibility to have the item shipped as described, even if the buyer does not pay insurance. A buyer can file an "item not as described" complaint to ebay. Here is a link to the process in doing so:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/item-not-received.html

To the OP, If you don't want the bat, I would suggest filing a complaint with ebay about your item.

the package was complete and unharmed. this has happened 3 times already. everything looks good until i open the box and there is a cracked bat instead of an uncracked one.
and i have filed and haven't heard from the seller either. how can anyone that sells bats describe a bat as having ball and cleat marks, rack marks, good use and not see the handle cracked?:confused:

NEFAN
12-09-2010, 12:15 PM
the package was complete and unharmed. this has happened 3 times already. everything looks good until i open the box and there is a cracked bat instead of an uncracked one.
and i have filed and haven't heard from the seller either. how can anyone that sells bats describe a bat as having ball and cleat marks, rack marks, good use and not see the handle cracked?:confused:

After 3 times, why is it still such a surprise to you that there are dishonest people out there selling on eBay?

ferro39
12-09-2010, 02:11 PM
lol @ everyone jumping on the OP and not the clowns who misrepresented the auctions.

wah, cracked bats arent worthless!!!!

that's comforting.