PDA

View Full Version : Shea Stadium G/U American Flags

Swoboda4
12-08-2010, 09:36 AM
If you had to add a piece of a non-player item to your game used collection I believe an American Flag flown at a stadium would be a fine addition. But in the case of an American flag(Sold by Steiner and MLB auctions) flown at Shea,does anyone know if these were displayed atop of the Stadium(more likely) or the preferred center field flagpole?

Swoboda4
12-08-2010, 12:05 PM
Hi Robert,here's an LOA from Steiner in regard to your question. It's pretty generic,and no mention as to where the flag was obtained.This opens up the reality that it may even be from the outside walkways at Shea (remember,FROM Shea). I don't think so as you're probably right in assuming it's from the top of Shea. And correct to point out that the center field flag is more preferred. But you know what happens when you assume. Does anyone know if the size of the flag in center was different from those atop Shea? Good luck.
http://www.krukcards.com/Steve/2010/May/0511/IMG_1054.jpg

mlupo
12-08-2010, 03:13 PM
If you had to add a piece of a non-player item to your game used collection I believe an American Flag flown at a stadium would be a fine addition. But in the case of an American flag(Sold by Steiner and MLB auctions) flown at Shea,does anyone know if these were displayed atop of the Stadium(more likely) or the preferred center field flagpole?

I'm not sure about Shea, but I purchased an American flag from Comerica Park and I was wondering the same thing. Mine came folded up in a flag box, I purchased mine dircetly from the Tigers, but there was no coa/loa with mine. I asked the Tigers authentics manager if it can from the centerfield flag pole and he said he wasn't sure about that, but personally from my many trips to Comerica I do not remember seeing any American flags except for the one in centerfield. On the otherhand the stars seem to be too small for a large centerfield flag. I'm glad you brought this topic up. Either way I am happy with mine knowing that it came from somewhere in Comerica.