PDA

View Full Version : Pujols Howard Cabrera game used jersey card. Pujols auto question?

rangersfan1214
12-08-2010, 04:53 PM
I've noticed that starting in 2009 Albert Pujols topps autographs have looked way different! Now in 2010 they look the same. I have posted a photo of my 2009 card, i would love some opinions on if you think he changed his signature or what? The topps certified sticker is duller also on all his 2009-10 cards.

CampWest
12-08-2010, 04:59 PM
I've noticed that starting in 2009 Albert Pujols topps autographs have looked way different! Now in 2010 they look the same. I have posted a photo of my 2009 card, i would love some opinions on if you think he changed his signature or what? The topps certified sticker is duller also on all his 2009-10 cards.

Not sure on the autograph changing or not...

But with regards to the stickers. Topps had a large one time signing with Pujols in 2007 or so. He signed 2,000 or something stickers. If Topps uses say 200 Pujols stickers a year, the 2007 signing should last through 2016. They changed their sticker around 2009. So the more recent other player signings are on the new sticker while Topps keeps using the old style Pujols inventory. So side by side on a multi-auto card it looks silly or if you collect a set it looks silly. Upper Deck had a similar thing where some dual auto sticker cards had one auto on a silver sticker and the other on a clear sticker.

Just one more example of the lack of quality that helped close the door on my card collecting past.

rangersfan1214
12-08-2010, 08:17 PM
That's kind of what I was thinking. Any other opinions on the different signature

mlupo
12-09-2010, 04:09 AM
That's kind of what I was thinking. Any other opinions on the different signature

This is a total guess, but if he signed 2000 auto's at once for Topps, maybe his hand got tired and his sig changed. I know he is an athlete who should be used to signing mass qualtities of items at once, but I know if I were to sign my name even 100 times in a row my sig would change slightly between 1-100 and then goes back to normal after a few hours or so.