PDA

View Full Version : Carl Crawford to Boston

DJaeger22
12-08-2010, 11:56 PM
news just broke a few minutes ago that boston and crawford have agreed on a contract.

Klattsy
12-08-2010, 11:57 PM
news just broke a few minutes ago that boston and crawford have agreed on a contract.

Bugger. Was hoping on the Yanks. Guess we'll run another season with Gardner, Granderson and Curtis. I doubt Gardner will repeat last seasons stats though.

Mark.

Fnazxc0114
12-09-2010, 12:27 AM
20 million plus for a corner outfielder with little power doesnt seem to make much sense.

Lokee
12-09-2010, 01:18 AM
Looks like Christmas came early for Red Sox fans. :)

shoremen44
12-09-2010, 10:03 AM
I am an O's fan... but you have to marvel at the Sox Lineup

LF Jacoby Ellsbury
2B Dustin Pedroia
1B Adrian Gonzalez
3B Kevin Youkilis
DH David Ortiz
RF J.D. Drew
CF Carl Crawford
C Jarrod Saltalamacchia
SS Marco Scutaro

I mean where the hell do you bat these guys???

vdsporty25
12-09-2010, 10:29 AM
Christmas indeed came early!!! Here are my thoughts on the lineup....

CF Jacoby Ellsbury
2B Dustin Pedroia
LF Carl Crawford
1B Adrian Gonzalez
3B Kevin Youkilis
DH David Ortiz
RF J.D. Drew
C Jarrod Saltalamacchia / Varitek
SS Marco Scutaro

I am loving this lineup....:D

cjclong
12-09-2010, 11:20 AM
Boston looks like they have really upgraded with Gonzales and Crawford. I'm not that impressed with their catching position, but the rest of their line up really looks formidable.

legaleagle92481
12-09-2010, 11:45 AM
I am an O's fan... but you have to marvel at the Sox Lineup

LF Jacoby Ellsbury
2B Dustin Pedroia
1B Adrian Gonzalez
3B Kevin Youkilis
DH David Ortiz
RF J.D. Drew
CF Carl Crawford
C Jarrod Saltalamacchia
SS Marco Scutaro

I mean where the hell do you bat these guys???

Here is my theory:

2b Dustin
Of Crawford
1b Gonzalez
DH Papi
3b Youk
Of Drew
SS Scutaro
C Russell Martin (My prediction is they sign him)
LF Ellsbury

They are stacked in rotation as well it looks like 2011 will be a huge year for them.

gameused
12-14-2010, 09:03 PM
Here is my theory:

2b Dustin
Of Crawford
1b Gonzalez
DH Papi
3b Youk
Of Drew
SS Scutaro
C Russell Martin (My prediction is they sign him)
LF Ellsbury

They are stacked in rotation as well it looks like 2011 will be a huge year for them.

I think they overpaid for Crawford, hope he doesn't end being another J.D.Drew......The line up looks impressive, another solid catcher for insurance and hopefully the staring rotation stays healthy......I say if Dice-K and Papelbon don't produce we get rid of them quickly!

Thanks, Bobby

camarokids
12-14-2010, 09:06 PM
Looks like 2011 will be a rebuilding year for Tampa Bay????

LastingsMilledge85
12-14-2010, 09:13 PM
Maybe they will try to get Ryan Doumit to catch, don't really know if he is much of an upgrade from Salty or Varitek though. They could also consider Molina and maybe just dump Salty all together?

Mulligans
12-14-2010, 09:24 PM
The Sox definitely paid alot, but its all about the fan base. They heard the grumbling amongst the fans and got worried and delivered.

Last year was tough......an $8 beer.....$40 parking..... and a $100 cheap seat.....A good seat is $175 face! Rumor has it that the Sox lost 10,000 people on the season ticket waiting list....ouch!

Bobby...you said it on Papelbon and Dice and I agree!

kellsox
12-15-2010, 09:08 AM
not sure about 100 for a cheap seat- a loge box is that much and those are pretty good seats if you ask me. I have season seats a few rows back from the visiting bullpen and those are 25. That being said, Overall the prices are rediculous. When the team goes bad or people stop going, the prices will drop.
As for the green monster seats, if you are going once, spend the $, buy some front row seats and enjoy. In my opinion it's worth it. Go early for bp , watch baseballs flying at you- fun times. They sell them through the box office some time in Jan / fen. Tough to get that way but demand has decreased for these seats as more and more people have had the opportunity to sit up there
K

kellsox
12-15-2010, 09:09 AM
Sorry- green monster comments were intended for a different thread

jake33
12-15-2010, 12:24 PM
Still hoping he goes in the HOF as a Ray, but if he wins a WS with boston, he will probably go with them then. He only needs to average 152 hits a season for the next 10 years to get there and he'd only be 37-38 years old. He'll probably end up with around top 6 all time in stolen bases. he gave tampa a good 8 years, can't complain for him taking more$$

legaleagle92481
12-15-2010, 02:07 PM
Still hoping he goes in the HOF as a Ray, but if he wins a WS with boston, he will probably go with them then. He only needs to average 152 hits a season for the next 10 years to get there and he'd only be 37-38 years old. He'll probably end up with around top 6 all time in stolen bases. he gave tampa a good 8 years, can't complain for him taking more$$

The only way he makes the HOF is if he buys a ticket. He is a poor man's Tim Raines and Tim has gotten little support so I would not expect Crawford to get much either. He is a corner outfielder with zero 30 hr or 100 RBI seasons and in 9 seasons as a speed player has scored 100 runs only 3 times. Stolen bases mean squat to the Hall voters guys like Vince Coleman, Willie Wilson and Raines are in the top 20. I assume your argument is based on 3,000 hits but that will no longer be an automatic benchmark by the time he is eligible. Palermiro has it and won't get in. He has never been an mvp and now won't be the best player on his own team not that he was better than Evan in the Bay.

legaleagle92481
12-15-2010, 02:08 PM

Don't get me wrong he is a very good, complimentary player but just don't see him as at the HOF level and at 30 it is doubtful he is going to get better.

jake33
12-16-2010, 03:39 PM
He is similar to like a Paul molitor but CC may have more homeruns and many more steals (good chance at top 5 all time). He is averaging around 180 hits in a full season. Yes, he won't get any better but probably won't need to if he gets to 3,000 hits.

3,000 will be hard to deny him the HOF, espcially without steroid talk surrounding CC (unlike palmiero who has 3,000 hits and probably won't get in). If CC plays until he is 40 years old, he was just need to average 127 hits until then to make it.

If Craig Biggio gets in (which is not a lock) CC would have to get in.