Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Birdbats
    • Nov 2005

Ichiro Japanese jersey size conversion

At an auction last evening, I won a pro-cut Ichiro WBC Japan jersey. It's identical to the jersey worn when Japan won the tourney -- tags and all. Beautiful piece. The only thing missing appears to be a sponsor patch of some kind on the left sleeve. The jersey was donated my Mr. Mizuno himself (he's a friend of the auction organizer, who has been involved in international baseball for many years).

Anyway... because it came from Japan, most of the tagging is in Japanese. It says it's a size "O" -- can anyone tell me how that converts into sizes in America? It fits me like a 42-44, I'd estimate. How does this compare with the size Ichiro actually wears? Hoping there's a Japanese/Ichiro jersey expert who can help. Thanks!

Jeff
    Birdbats: Your source for St. Louis Cardinals game-used bats
    Jeff Scott
    birdbats@charter.net
    http://www.birdbats.com

• gnishiyama
    • Aug 2006

Re: Ichiro Japanese jersey size conversion

Hello,

The jersey you won in the auction is a Mizuno Pro-Collection jersey, which is available at retail stores. Size 0 indicates the size between L and XO..
    Size chart goes S,M,L,O,XO. I think your jersey will be in the 44-46 range.

Its still a very nice jersey. How it compares to Ichiro's actual on-field WBC jerseys, I don't know. I know there are subtle differences between pro-collection and game jerseys as Ichiro's Pro-Collection jerseys from Orix Blue Waves days surface on the market and sell for $1000+ while gamers go for significantly more than that.
    hope this helps

Goh
    Goh Nishiyama

Always buying Japanese Game Used Memorablia

gnishiyama@gmail.com

Comment

• Birdbats
      • Nov 2005

Goh,

Thanks for the information! I couldn't find this same jersey via retail outlets -- have been searching the Web with no luck. I can find the Japan pre-game/BP jersey from Majestic, but not the game jersey from Mizuno. When you say it's available at retail stores, do you mean in Japan or in the States?

Here are a couple photos.

Thanks again.

Jeff
      Birdbats: Your source for St. Louis Cardinals game-used bats
      Jeff Scott
      birdbats@charter.net
      http://www.birdbats.com

Comment

• gnishiyama
        • Aug 2006

Hi Jeff,
        Sorry for the late reply; I didn't realize you replied.
        These jerseys were available, however SOLD OUT, in retail stores/web shops in JAPAN. I do not believe these jerseys were available in the United States.
        A very nice jersey.
        Goh
        Goh Nishiyama

Always buying Japanese Game Used Memorablia

gnishiyama@gmail.com

Comment

Working...