Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emann
    • Nov 2008

Photomatch: Youkilis 2008 ALCS jersey

So, I'm pretty excited about this one. The jersey is a Cool Base without strip tagging (but with the correct 0063 wash tag) and came direct from the team.

It shows a TON of use, more than any other jersey I've owned, and also has a pretty distinct bit of stitching on the "O" in Boston. It was actually a stray stitch into the gray part of the jersey that was attached at one point, not just a loose thread.

Anyway, looking back at some magazines, I saw something that looked like it used in the '08 ALCS, so I figured I'd start there. 4th inning, game 6: The camera does a close-up on Youk for about 3 seconds and pans right past the front of his jersey (which you can tell is a Cool Base in other shots from the game).

I made notes of the pulled thread on the "O" and a slight stitching flaw on the "B". These screencaps were about the best I could get...

The jersey also has a couple of distinct pulls in the fabric under the "T". I saw a few photos on Getty from September that looked like a match for that also, but need to do more research (if anyone wants to help, I'd be REALLY appreciative!)
    Attached Files
  • emann
    • Nov 2008

Re: Photomatch: Youkilis 2008 ALCS jersey

ALCS Game 6
    Attached Files

Comment

• emann
      • Nov 2008

This is one of the Getty images I think is also a match based on the "O" and the pulls in the material under the "T".

Infielder Kevin Youkilis of the Boston Red Sox is unhappy after striking out against the Tampa Bay Rays during the game on September 16, 2008 at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Florida.

Comment

• emann
        • Nov 2008

No Youk fans in here?

Comment

• gameused
          • Nov 2005

emann,

That's a sweet looking Youk jersey! Here's a match to the fabric snags under the letter "T"

Red Sox vs. Orioles 8-18-08

Happy Holidays,
          Bobby
          hawaii_five0@yahoo.com
          Attached Files

Comment

• emann
            • Nov 2008

Wow! Thanks so much for posting this Bobby, I hadn't found that photo...

Looks like a perfect match to those fabric pulls... I've matched it to 2 of the ALCS games off video, but it is really heavily used, so I was hoping it stretched back to earlier in the season and you just proved it did.

Have a good holiday.

Best,
            -John

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by emann
              No Youk fans in here?

A Youk? What is a Youk?

Comment

• vdsporty25
                • Feb 2009

Sweet Jersey!!!! Great photo matches as well!!! YooooouuuuukkK!!!
                Thanks a lot
                Josh

Comment

Working...