PDA

View Full Version : I have a problem with a buyer on E-Bay what can I do?

ham1963
08-11-2006, 07:55 PM
I sold a John Foster Alt. Braves Red jersey to a person on E-Bay (Power Seller) and his winning bid was over $200.00. He now refused to pay for it because he found one cheaper on E-Bay:mad: . So I opened an unpaid dispute against him and here are his replies
His reply My Pay-Pal account is messed up and I will pay you when I get it straight.
My reply: ok please pay be by this date (about a week later)

His reply Thanks. Went to pay and noted that you had listed the jersey again with buy it now. I bidded again so hope that is ok.

My reply: That was not my jersey becasue I have not relisted it. You bought from another dealer. Please pay for the jersey you bought from me.

His repy: It looked the exact same. I am after a game worn jersey of this player as I played with him. I have paid for the other one as my paypal is working today and i was looking on ebay and found it. It was 100 dollars cheaper which is alot of money.

My reply Please pay for the item you bought from me or I will leave neg feedback for you and a Upaid staike against you

His Reply: We always leave the same feedback we get. That is our policy. Seems odd to me that two of the same jersey appear on ebay at the same time.

So I guess my question is what do you think should be my next move. One thing I have contacted E-Bay and they said that he can leave neg. feedback on me even though he plans on not paying for my item that he bought from me. They also stated that an Unpaid strike is worse than neg. feedback.Please help me out with your advice
Thanks,
John:)

staindsox
08-11-2006, 08:29 PM
1) Save every email, correspondence, or reply you receive from him. Then you don't have to play the he said, she said game. You have his own words.

2) File with eBay. Issue a strike against his account. Three of these and you are kicked off of eBay.

3) Leave the feedback. Sooner or later everyone tangles with a jackass on eBay. When people look why you have a negative, they will see it is him and not you. Additionally, it is against eBay policy to leave retalitory feedback. If you saved his reply that will leave leave a negative in turn, this is retalitory and illegal by eBay policy. If you are so concerned with an unblemished feedback record, you can pay to have his feedback removed.

4) Continue to correspond with eBay. It may take awhile, but you will get something worked out.

Good luck. Just be patient and keep your cool.

Chris

ham1963
08-11-2006, 09:00 PM
Thanks Chris this is why I post on this forum. Please keep giving me advice.
Thanks,
John

sportscentury
08-12-2006, 02:16 PM
John,

I agree with Chris. Place the nonpaying bidder strike against him and leave a negative feedback for the buyer that states that people can contact you for the full story (as they don't give much room to write anything meaningful in the feedback slot).

I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you, but it is not at all uncommon on eBay unfortunately.

How convenient for the buyer that his paypal was working on the day that he found the cheaper jersey.

Reid