PDA

View Full Version : Your Toughts on This Red Sox Jersey

EurekaDave
12-21-2010, 06:06 PM
What would you do?

I just bought this jersey as a Jody Reed 1990 Red Sox jersey.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140492213590&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

However, the Baseball Almanac lists "47" as a Jerry Reed jersey. Jody Reed wore "3."

On the other hand, the jersey is a 40, Jody's size but too small for Jerry.

I have no problem with the seller. They have a fair return policy. I'm just wondering what you would do.

Fred
12-21-2010, 06:15 PM
Jerry Reed wore number 45 in 1990.If I saw the tag correctly the size is 44.

cruwet
12-21-2010, 06:23 PM
Thats a Jerry Reed jersey for sure. I also thought I saw the same jersey as well as the Marzano jersey in one of the bins at the Fenway Yard sale last week....

maccamania
12-21-2010, 10:33 PM
Thats a Jerry Reed jersey for sure. I also thought I saw the same jersey as well as the Marzano jersey in one of the bins at the Fenway Yard sale last week....

Cruwet
Is the Marzano jersey ok ???

cruwet
12-22-2010, 06:39 AM
As far as I could tell, the Marzano jersey that I saw looked fine. I didn't see too much wear on the 1990 jerseys (most were tagged Set 1). I actually almost grabbed the Marzano jersey, but opted to go for a 1999 jersey with the All Star patch instead.

Bosox39
12-22-2010, 07:10 AM
I emailed the seller that it was a Jerry Reed not Jody but got no reply. The story about the number change was added fluff. If it were me I would return the jersey. $299 is a bit much for someone who played at the most 4-5 months with the Sox and has no name recognition when you go to sell. Just my 2 cents.

emann
12-22-2010, 02:14 PM
Cruwet
Is the Marzano jersey ok ???

Rich, just sent you an email.

sellingmygamers
12-25-2010, 11:41 PM
I know they answer emails and last week they were doing so pretty quickly too. I asked them about their Kalish bat and told them they were way overpriced. They didn't seem to like what I said but were sure to keep answering back. 399.00 for a bat with no LOA and not auto'd from Kalish now is absurd. Hell Steiner who I think is high on their prices wanted 250 for one not to long ago with the mlb holo's.

Definitely not a Jody Reed jersey. Wish you well (hassle free)on the return if that's what you do. Let us know how they treat you too....

Cheers

EurekaDave
12-26-2010, 12:01 AM
Update on the Reed jersey --
Beantown nullified the sale just fine. They kind of complained that I cost them the eBay listing fee--- which is true. I offered to pay the listing fee.

So to sum it up, they were fair and I need to be more careful.

Dave Silverbrand

Lokee
12-26-2010, 12:51 AM
Dave,

Actually if they canceled the listing and you agree they get all the fees credited back so it doesn't cost you or the seller.

cohibasmoker
12-26-2010, 10:50 AM
Update on the Reed jersey --
Beantown nullified the sale just fine. They kind of complained that I cost them the eBay listing fee--- which is true. I offered to pay the listing fee.

So to sum it up, they were fair and I need to be more careful.

Dave Silverbrand

Dave,

Good for you. I guess they could have said, "you should have done your homework before you bid so the sale is final" but they didn't. They admitted to the mistake and in the end, you guys worked it out.

Just my opinion.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net