PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Seller jerseys2003

DantleyHOF
12-22-2010, 06:32 PM
Hi

Does anyone have the contact information for ebay seller jerseys2003? Is he a member of this forum or from Houston? His Ebay ask the seller a question seems to be blocked. Thanks B.F.

gingi79
12-22-2010, 06:37 PM
Splinters from the Pine (his store name) is a valued seller in my book, he gets some pretty incredible items and I have never heard of issues with his stuff.

The question link worked for me. Scroll down to the bottom of an auction, click ask a question (I used the 2009 Hanson jersey) then click "other" which will allow you to send him a question.

Hope this helps!

frikativ54
12-22-2010, 07:14 PM
I know nothing about the seller, but he has some pretty neat Astros stuff on eBay. I believe he was auctioning off a Kaz Matsui jersey.

-Frik

Sincityson
12-22-2010, 07:32 PM
good selection of stuff, overcharged quite a bit on shipping a few times, but overall decent to deal with.

kylehess10
12-22-2010, 07:45 PM
He's not a bad seller at all. He buys a lot of stuff directly from the team and barely pushes the price up. For example, his Yunel Escobar which he's selling for $125 and he only paid $100 for it. He doesn't overcharge like you see a few other resellers do. His prices are great and I haven't heard anything bad about him to date.

DantleyHOF
12-22-2010, 08:43 PM
Splinters from the Pine (his store name) is a valued seller in my book, he gets some pretty incredible items and I have never heard of issues with his stuff.

The question link worked for me. Scroll down to the bottom of an auction, click ask a question (I used the 2009 Hanson jersey) then click "other" which will allow you to send him a question.

Hope this helps!

gingi79,
I've tried the question link on ebay. It did not work on any of his auctions. Sometimes a seller blocks out sending messages. Do you know if he is from Houston or do you have his email contact information? B.F.

DantleyHOF
12-22-2010, 08:55 PM
I know nothing about the seller, but he has some pretty neat Astros stuff on eBay. I believe he was auctioning off a Kaz Matsui jersey.

-Frik
Les,
I wanted his email address. I know he has plenty of Astros on ebay. B.F.

DantleyHOF
12-22-2010, 08:57 PM
He's not a bad seller at all. He buys a lot of stuff directly from the team and barely pushes the price up. For example, his Yunel Escobar which he's selling for $125 and he only paid $100 for it. He doesn't overcharge like you see a few other resellers do. His prices are great and I haven't heard anything bad about him to date.

Kyle,
Do you have his email address? I tried the ebay contact seller. Some how it didn't work. Do you know if he is from Houston or not? Thanks. B.F.

DantleyHOF
12-22-2010, 08:58 PM
good selection of stuff, overcharged quite a bit on shipping a few times, but overall decent to deal with.

I know he has a good selection of gamers. I just wanted if he lives in Houston or his email address since his ebay contact seller didn't worj for me. B.F.

DantleyHOF
12-22-2010, 09:00 PM
I know he has a good selection of gamers. I just wanted if he lives in Houston or his email address since his ebay contact seller didn't worj for me. B.F.

worj= work. No edit feature.

lakeerie92
12-22-2010, 09:01 PM

He only paid $50 for the Escobar. It was listed as Team Issued and I tried to buy it but it was gone.

gingi79
12-22-2010, 10:05 PM
Might be an old email address but it was: gameworn@sbcglobal.net,

gingi79
12-22-2010, 10:08 PM
Might be an old email address but it was: gameworn@sbcglobal.net,

Last transaction with him was at gameworn@comcast.net

kylehess10
12-22-2010, 10:08 PM
The last e-mail I have from him is at:

gameworn@comcast.net

DantleyHOF
12-22-2010, 10:48 PM
The last e-mail I have from him is at:

gameworn@comcast.net
Thanks Kyle. This will work. Have a nice holiday. B.F.

DantleyHOF
12-22-2010, 10:49 PM
Last transaction with him was at gameworn@comcast.net (gameworn@comcast.net)

gingi79,
Thanks for the double email address. This will work. Have a nice holiday. B.F.

April 10, 1962
12-23-2010, 01:07 AM
I saw him buying lot's of Astros jerseys at their sale last week. "WHOA" is all I have to say.

frikativ54
12-23-2010, 01:18 AM
I saw him buying lot's of Astros jerseys at their sale last week. "WHOA" is all I have to say.

I was wondering about that. Is he a Houstonian?

April 10, 1962
12-23-2010, 01:58 AM
I was wondering about that. Is he a Houstonian?

Yes.

DantleyHOF
12-23-2010, 07:36 PM

Came back from the Astros sale today.
Matt (jerseys2003) bought plenty of game used Astros jerseys today from the sale. 4 garbage bags filled. Astros had a limit of ten jerseys per person. He was smart. He brought his wife along and then after he purchased it. He came back and bought some more. I am sure this will be posted on Ebay.

frikativ54
12-23-2010, 07:48 PM
Came back from the Astros sale today.
Matt (jerseys2003) bought plenty of game used Astros jerseys today from the sale. 4 garbage bags filled. Astros had a limit of ten jerseys per person. He was smart. He brought his wife along and then after he purchased it. He came back and bought some more. I am sure this will be posted on Ebay.

Wow. Assuming that he bought the jerseys only to resell at a profit, it sounds like he is taking advantage of the system. <sigh>

DantleyHOF
12-23-2010, 08:01 PM
Wow. Assuming that he bought the jerseys only to resell at a profit, it sounds like he is taking advantage of the system. <sigh>
Les,
Look at all his auctions. He buys them for a reason. Resell it for a large profit. Astros point of view. Sell out of your inventory. He did take advantage of the system. You don't keep coming back for nothing. The Astros sale started at 9 am not 12 noon. Bats for ten dollars was Adam Everett that didn't sell out the first time around. Everett bat was 40.00 reduced to twenty and today ten dollars each. Astros stars and stripes game used hat was ten dollars each the first time around. Sold out. Someone bought out the table. The cooler went for 5.00 each.Interesting sale. Common jerseys. Saw one Astros turn back the clock rainbow color game used jersey went for 35.00. Have a great holiday. B.F.

LastingsMilledge85
12-23-2010, 08:35 PM

You have to look at it though and say "so what." If you buy a jersey, you are now the new owner and can do whatever you want with the jersey. If you want to sell it for more or less than what you paid is your prerogative. No one is making you buy your jersey, so really you can't complain and if you do buy it, than you obviously feel that it was worth it no matter how much you spent. The guy, I assume, is doing this is a side job and just trying to make a buck. Supply and demand, if you wait it out for something not wanted then chances are you can get it later for cheaper. That's exactly how I can accomplish my collection now. Milledge jerseys when he first game up were either 1k or close to it. Now I pay nowhere near that. Long story short, that's how I look at what he's doing, it's a business and like everyone else he wants to make money.

DantleyHOF
12-23-2010, 08:56 PM
You have to look at it though and say "so what." If you buy a jersey, you are now the new owner and can do whatever you want with the jersey. If you want to sell it for more or less than what you paid is your prerogative. No one is making you buy your jersey, so really you can't complain and if you do buy it, than you obviously feel that it was worth it no matter how much you spent. The guy, I assume, is doing this is a side job and just trying to make a buck. Supply and demand, if you wait it out for something not wanted then chances are you can get it later for cheaper. That's exactly how I can accomplish my collection now. Milledge jerseys when he first game up were either 1k or close to it. Now I pay nowhere near that. Long story short, that's how I look at what he's doing, it's a business and like everyone else he wants to make money.
Lastings,
Good point about supply and demand. Astros had a 10 jersey limit. He brought his wife along. So in reality 20 jerseys he had purchased. You are right. You are the owner of the jersey and can sell it for anything you want. When you abuse the system and go back to purchase more jerseys' its called greed. Astros point of view. You get rid of inventory.
After he left. He came back to purchase some more. This ruins it for the average person. Who wants a couple of jerseys. You have a amazing Milledge collection. Good Luck on obtaining more Milledge gamers. Have a nice holiday you and your whole family. B.F.

April 10, 1962
12-23-2010, 09:18 PM
Les,
Look at all his auctions. He buys them for a reason. Resell it for a large profit. Astros point of view. Sell out of your inventory. He did take advantage of the system. You don't keep coming back for nothing. The Astros sale started at 9 am not 12 noon. Bats for ten dollars was Adam Everett that didn't sell out the first time around. Everett bat was 40.00 reduced to twenty and today ten dollars each. Astros stars and stripes game used hat was ten dollars each the first time around. Sold out. Someone bought out the table. The cooler went for 5.00 each.Interesting sale. Common jerseys. Saw one Astros turn back the clock rainbow color game used jersey went for 35.00. Have a great holiday. B.F.

The public sale began at noon. They let employees filter through first beginning at 9am today. They did that last week too.

DantleyHOF
12-23-2010, 09:21 PM
The public sale began at noon. They let employees filter through first beginning at 9am today. They did that last week too.
I came in around 11:45 am and already they had people with stacks of gamers ready to pay. The cashier told me they started at 9 am. Did you see the Astros throwbacks rainbow color for 35.00? They wore it on the road at Tampa. I missed out on them. B.F.

April 10, 1962
12-23-2010, 09:21 PM

Agreed, but if ten different people come and each buy 10 jerseys, how could they stop that? At least they had a 10 jersey limit. I'm also sure those jerseys they sold today are not all they have. Baseball teams probably have lots of jerseys each year. Imagine how many batting practice and game jerseys accumulate each year.

LastingsMilledge85
12-23-2010, 09:27 PM
Lastings,
Good point about supply and demand. Astros had a 10 jersey limit. He brought his wife along. So in reality 20 jerseys he had purchased. You are right. You are the owner of the jersey and can sell it for anything you want. When you abuse the system and go back to purchase more jerseys' its called greed. Astros point of view. You get rid of inventory.
After he left. He came back to purchase some more. This ruins it for the average person. Who wants a couple of jerseys. You have a amazing Milledge collection. Good Luck on obtaining more Milledge gamers. Have a nice holiday you and your whole family. B.F.

Thanks a lot, and the same to you. I had no idea that he went to that extreme with the sale nor do I know the operation the Astros run since I am not at the event. That is greedy when you send an accomplice with you to reap in profits, but that's the world we live in I guess.

April 10, 1962
12-23-2010, 09:27 PM
I came in around 11:45 am and already they had people with stacks of gamers ready to pay. The cashier told me they started at 9 am. Did you see the Astros throwbacks rainbow color for 35.00? They wore it on the road at Tampa. I missed out on them. B.F.

Oh well. Yeah there was a couple of those rainbows and I saw what looked like an employee buying one early in the morning. Looks like despite some people buying the limit or one or two others taking advantage of the system (WHAT'S NEW FOR THIS COUNTRY, RIGHT????) there were a lot of individuals that got a jersey or two. And it wasn't like they had the bigger names out there, lol.

DantleyHOF
12-23-2010, 09:29 PM
Agreed, but if ten different people come and each buy 10 jerseys, how could they stop that? At least they had a 10 jersey limit. I'm also sure those jerseys they sold today are not all they have. Baseball teams probably have lots of jerseys each year. Imagine how many batting practice and game jerseys accumulate each year.
Like Lastings said supply and demand. Astros can't stop people from buying even if they abused the ten jersey limit. As a business point of view. As store owner you want to clear out old stock and start fresh. Astros in the past was hard to obtain gamers. You are right. What was on display was a small sample what they have. Two racks of jerseys. I find it funny to see a whole bunch of Adam Everett bats and it didn't sell for 40.00 the first time around. Astros reduced it to 20.00 and they still had a stack full of his bats. At ten dollars its gone. Alou bat was not even used. When you went. Did they have the Rainbow turn back the clock jersey? B.F.

April 10, 1962
12-23-2010, 09:45 PM
Like Lastings said supply and demand. Astros can't stop people from buying even if they abused the ten jersey limit. As a business point of view. As store owner you want to clear out old stock and start fresh. Astros in the past was hard to obtain gamers. You are right. What was on display was a small sample what they have. Two racks of jerseys. I find it funny to see a whole bunch of Adam Everett bats and it didn't sell for 40.00 the first time around. Astros reduced it to 20.00 and they still had a stack full of his bats. At ten dollars its gone. Alou bat was not even used. When you went. Did they have the Rainbow turn back the clock jersey? B.F.

I was quick at lunch. In and out...back to nearby work. Got me a nice white alternate, #9 Huffman. Will look cool on the wall.

DantleyHOF
12-23-2010, 10:10 PM
I was quick at lunch. In and out...back to nearby work. Got me a nice white alternate, #9 Huffman. Will look cool on the wall.
Great pick up. Have a great holiday you and your whole family. B.F.

sox83cubs84
12-24-2010, 06:07 PM
This jersey excess story reminds me of a few I've experienced.

First, the Cubs Convention in 1995. Only one rack with maybe two dozen jerseys and the first guy to get there (Wrigley autograph hound who is less than popular among his peers) swoops his arms and grabls ALL 20+ jerseys to get first dibs. Several fans (most not serious hobbyists) immediately squawk to the point where the head of the sale confronts the offender and tells him to put the jerseys back on the rack or be barred from the sale for the rest of the event. A +1 there.

Second: An early 2000's White Sox garage sale, when they were held in the bowels of Comiskey Park. Among the first 10 fans in line with a few friends, the walkway we were in, which curved around the field, found us (and a few in back of us) able to see a moderate distance the other direction in the walkway. We soon saw a Chicag-area game-used dealer being driven to the door of the sale on a groundskeeper's cart by team personnel. My friend and I all knew the guy, and we were busting a gut at the sheer silliness of the whole thing, but two guys near us in line also saw it, and were very irate, heaving complaints at Sox security guards up front, who denied involvement with the decision to give this dealer breaks.

Third: Cubs and White Sox sales, for a number of years...an SCD writer continuously used his press pass to gain early access to the sales to buy items before the fans got in. I've been told that he hasn't gained this advance viewing for a couple of years now, apparently due to complaints from both regular fans and serious game-used collectors.

Dave Miedema

DantleyHOF
12-27-2010, 10:51 PM
This jersey excess story reminds me of a few I've experienced.

First, the Cubs Convention in 1995. Only one rack with maybe two dozen jerseys and the first guy to get there (Wrigley autograph hound who is less than popular among his peers) swoops his arms and grabls ALL 20+ jerseys to get first dibs. Several fans (most not serious hobbyists) immediately squawk to the point where the head of the sale confronts the offender and tells him to put the jerseys back on the rack or be barred from the sale for the rest of the event. A +1 there.

Second: An early 2000's White Sox garage sale, when they were held in the bowels of Comiskey Park. Among the first 10 fans in line with a few friends, the walkway we were in, which curved around the field, found us (and a few in back of us) able to see a moderate distance the other direction in the walkway. We soon saw a Chicag-area game-used dealer being driven to the door of the sale on a groundskeeper's cart by team personnel. My friend and I all knew the guy, and we were busting a gut at the sheer silliness of the whole thing, but two guys near us in line also saw it, and were very irate, heaving complaints at Sox security guards up front, who denied involvement with the decision to give this dealer breaks.

Third: Cubs and White Sox sales, for a number of years...an SCD writer continuously used his press pass to gain early access to the sales to buy items before the fans got in. I've been told that he hasn't gained this advance viewing for a couple of years now, apparently due to complaints from both regular fans and serious game-used collectors.

Dave Miedema
Dave,
Did you know Yoshi of the Cubs? Don't the Cubs and White Sox make a 3 jersey limit and pretty strict about it? Bad weather and you still have loyal fans coming to the Cubs conventions. Dave didn't you write a story in SCD on the White Sox sale and the person with the cart?

I find it funny from the Astros game used player jerseys SALE. What was left over after the person got around 20 jerseys and more. The bat boy and stretch suba jersey was left. Guess the dealer didn't find a market in those. Happy Holidays to you and your whole family and a happy new year. B.F.

sox83cubs84
12-28-2010, 08:30 PM
Dave,
Did you know Yoshi of the Cubs? Don't the Cubs and White Sox make a 3 jersey limit and pretty strict about it? Bad weather and you still have loyal fans coming to the Cubs conventions. Dave didn't you write a story in SCD on the White Sox sale and the person with the cart?

I find it funny from the Astros game used player jerseys SALE. What was left over after the person got around 20 jerseys and more. The bat boy and stretch suba jersey was left. Guess the dealer didn't find a market in those. Happy Holidays to you and your whole family and a happy new year. B.F.

I think the "cart" episode occurred after SCD figuratively stuck the knife in my back, hence, with me gone, no article.

I've never seen a jersey limit for buyers at either team convention. Where the Cubs and the White Sox used to enforce purchase limits were at the team stores both ballclubs had in the 1990s in the Chicago area.

Also, I am acquainted with Yosh, for decades the Cubs equipment man. I get along with him OK, although there are numerous collectors and former players whose thoughts about him couldn't be printed in a family discussion.

Dave Miedema