Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Neal
    • Jan 2010

2011 Game Used collecting goals

As 2010 is coming to a close, a brand new hobby year is soon to be upon us. This past year was my first year where game used collecting was my number one hobby priority. I always liked cards, and I still do, but this year they took a back seat to game used bats.

So besides the important things like family and health, what do you look to accomplish or add to your collection? For me, I want to land a big time HOF player bat - like a 70s Aaron or Banks, to name a few. Along the way, I will continue to pick up Phillies bats, but adding a top tier HOF player is my ultimate goal.

How bout you?
    looking for Phillies GU bats
  • CampWest
    • May 2008

Re: 2011 Game Used collecting goals

Mine is similar to yours. I'll keep looking for anything in my normal niche Billy Butler and 70s - 80s Royals. But my main targets will be 1. a nice George Brett gamer, 2. a couple other favorites (Biggio, Thome, etc), 3. add some game used gloves.
    sigpic
    Wes Campbell

Comment

• mariner_gamers
      • May 2008

I will be looking for a Justin Smoak first HR bat! Besides that I want to continue going after the last 57 I need for my run, more minor league guys and adding some more game used helmets.
      Davis Emburey
      demburey@netzero.net
      Always looking for late 70's-late 80's Mariners game used bats!

Comment

• zegret
        • Nov 2009

I'll keep looking for my same favorites, anything Texas Tech related. Specifically:

Wes Welker game used
        Tech bowl jerseys and rings
        Bowl Programs and stubs
        Tech game used jerseys and helmets
        Basically anything Tech football related!

Didn't have much luck this year, except with some Programs and stubs, but here's to some good luck in 2011!

Comment

• nomarmauerfan
          • Apr 2007

My goals for 2011 will be just like 2010...find a 2006 GU Justin Morneau bat. I had agreed on a price for one this year, but, the seller pulled back after we agreed (darn-near got my white whale!!!). Also, want to find a 2005 Morneau GU bat as well. I was collecting Joe Mauer bats as well. But, I have decided to sell my Mauer bats and just stick to Morneau. So, if your 2010 goal or your 2011 goal is a Mauer bat, let me know. I want to have some money available in case those Morneau bats become available. Hopefully, this is the year. Happy Holidays everyone!!!

Mike

Comment

• UGA016
            • Apr 2010

Can't wait for this 2011 season to start up. I will have my eyes on anything Georgia Football Game used. Jerseys Helmets Rings etc. I am eyeing a AJ Green Home jersey and a few others!! Gooo Dawgs!! Can't wait for this past seasons jerseys to be sold. Waiting for my email to come anyday from the Equipment Manager! First Dibs!! Gooo Dawgsss!!

Comment

• brianborsch
              • Dec 2005

My goal is to acquire a game issued unused Evan Longoria bat from 2011. I have one from each year since 2008. Want to keep it going until the end of his career.

Comment

• flota89
                • Jul 2009

I'd like to pick up another Matt Holliday bat and some batting gloves.

And as always, add to my Cardinals bat collection.
                Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
                flotaboys@hotmail.com

Comment

• lehmsbobby
                  • Jul 2009

I'd like to pick up a really nice Buster Posey piece to be the center of my collection with my Barry Bonds bat
                  Thanks,
                  Bobby

lehmsbobby@yahoo.com

Comment

• Fnazxc0114
                    • Aug 2007

My only goals for this year is to find out what happens to the texas rangers batting helmets. I have a line in to a few people, and i hope they take up my offer to buy the entire helmet lot for the 2010 season. I would like to add another neftali feliz g/u glove. That one should be coming along as well. If i could add a Hamilton, or Michael Young to my collection I am sure that I would never buy another item lol.
                    Baseball do what it do
                    -Ron Washington

Comment

• Dach0sen0ne
                      • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Fnazxc0114
                      My only goals for this year is to find out what happens to the texas rangers batting helmets. I have a line in to a few people, and i hope they take up my offer to buy the entire helmet lot for the 2010 season. I would like to add another neftali feliz g/u glove. That one should be coming along as well. If i could add a Hamilton, or Michael Young to my collection I am sure that I would never buy another item lol.

NEVER say NEVER! LOL

Comment

• yankees506
                        • Apr 2010

for sure a ken griffey jr signed gu bat. The kid is hands down my favorite non yankee ever. I hope 2011 is my griffey heaven

Comment

• AutographAddiction
                          • Aug 2010

Great thread. I have just been in the hobby for 3-4 months now, but I am already addicted and trying to snatch everything that catches my eye. I'm not broke, but I don't have much money I'll allow myself to spend so I have to be very selective.

But.... with that said, I want to get as many UNC items as possible(current and former), basketball,baseball, and football. Shoes, Jerseys, Helmets, Cleats, Anything!

And I want my first Braves jersey and more bats. And maybe a fielding glove, if I can afford it!

And I hope to get some items in person as well.

If anyone has any UNC or Braves items, let me know!
                          Carolina Panthers items as well.

And I'd really like to get a Griffey bat or jersey and anything Hakeem Nicks.

So if anyone has anything for sale, email me!

Comment

• HawaiiSportsNut
                            • Dec 2009

I want to add a game used/issued Kurt Suzuki jersey & a Marucci bat to my Suzuki collection.
                            sigpic

Comment

• AWA85
                              • Jan 2008

After a monster 2010 that was topped off with my Barry Larkin glove, everything else is all down hill. Here are two items I would like to pick up in 2011.

1. Ken Griffey Jr Reds game used jersey with tons of use.

2. Nebraska Cornhusker game used helmet with some battle marks on it.
                              Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Comment

Working...