PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Game Used collecting goals

Neal
12-24-2010, 09:13 AM
As 2010 is coming to a close, a brand new hobby year is soon to be upon us. This past year was my first year where game used collecting was my number one hobby priority. I always liked cards, and I still do, but this year they took a back seat to game used bats.

So besides the important things like family and health, what do you look to accomplish or add to your collection? For me, I want to land a big time HOF player bat - like a 70s Aaron or Banks, to name a few. Along the way, I will continue to pick up Phillies bats, but adding a top tier HOF player is my ultimate goal.

How bout you?

CampWest
12-24-2010, 09:51 AM
Mine is similar to yours. I'll keep looking for anything in my normal niche Billy Butler and 70s - 80s Royals. But my main targets will be 1. a nice George Brett gamer, 2. a couple other favorites (Biggio, Thome, etc), 3. add some game used gloves.

mariner_gamers
12-24-2010, 10:29 AM
I will be looking for a Justin Smoak first HR bat!:D Besides that I want to continue going after the last 57 I need for my run, more minor league guys and adding some more game used helmets.

zegret
12-24-2010, 10:34 AM
I'll keep looking for my same favorites, anything Texas Tech related. Specifically:

Wes Welker game used
Tech bowl jerseys and rings
Bowl Programs and stubs
Tech game used jerseys and helmets
Basically anything Tech football related!

Didn't have much luck this year, except with some Programs and stubs, but here's to some good luck in 2011!

nomarmauerfan
12-24-2010, 11:31 AM
My goals for 2011 will be just like 2010...find a 2006 GU Justin Morneau bat. I had agreed on a price for one this year, but, the seller pulled back after we agreed (darn-near got my white whale!!!). Also, want to find a 2005 Morneau GU bat as well. I was collecting Joe Mauer bats as well. But, I have decided to sell my Mauer bats and just stick to Morneau. So, if your 2010 goal or your 2011 goal is a Mauer bat, let me know. I want to have some money available in case those Morneau bats become available. Hopefully, this is the year. Happy Holidays everyone!!!

Mike

UGA016
12-24-2010, 12:06 PM
Can't wait for this 2011 season to start up. I will have my eyes on anything Georgia Football Game used. Jerseys Helmets Rings etc. I am eyeing a AJ Green Home jersey and a few others!! Gooo Dawgs!! Can't wait for this past seasons jerseys to be sold. Waiting for my email to come anyday from the Equipment Manager! First Dibs!! Gooo Dawgsss!!

brianborsch
12-24-2010, 12:07 PM
My goal is to acquire a game issued unused Evan Longoria bat from 2011. I have one from each year since 2008. Want to keep it going until the end of his career.

flota89
12-24-2010, 12:08 PM
I'd like to pick up another Matt Holliday bat and some batting gloves.

And as always, add to my Cardinals bat collection.

lehmsbobby
12-24-2010, 12:12 PM
I'd like to pick up a really nice Buster Posey piece to be the center of my collection with my Barry Bonds bat

Fnazxc0114
12-24-2010, 02:31 PM
My only goals for this year is to find out what happens to the texas rangers batting helmets. I have a line in to a few people, and i hope they take up my offer to buy the entire helmet lot for the 2010 season. I would like to add another neftali feliz g/u glove. That one should be coming along as well. If i could add a Hamilton, or Michael Young to my collection I am sure that I would never buy another item lol.

Dach0sen0ne
12-24-2010, 02:41 PM
My only goals for this year is to find out what happens to the texas rangers batting helmets. I have a line in to a few people, and i hope they take up my offer to buy the entire helmet lot for the 2010 season. I would like to add another neftali feliz g/u glove. That one should be coming along as well. If i could add a Hamilton, or Michael Young to my collection I am sure that I would never buy another item lol.

NEVER say NEVER! LOL

yankees506
12-24-2010, 03:07 PM
for sure a ken griffey jr signed gu bat. The kid is hands down my favorite non yankee ever. I hope 2011 is my griffey heaven

AutographAddiction
12-24-2010, 04:16 PM
Great thread. I have just been in the hobby for 3-4 months now, but I am already addicted and trying to snatch everything that catches my eye. I'm not broke, but I don't have much money I'll allow myself to spend so I have to be very selective.

But.... with that said, I want to get as many UNC items as possible(current and former), basketball,baseball, and football. Shoes, Jerseys, Helmets, Cleats, Anything!

And I want my first Braves jersey and more bats. And maybe a fielding glove, if I can afford it!

And I hope to get some items in person as well.

If anyone has any UNC or Braves items, let me know!
Carolina Panthers items as well.

And I'd really like to get a Griffey bat or jersey and anything Hakeem Nicks.

So if anyone has anything for sale, email me!

HawaiiSportsNut
12-24-2010, 06:06 PM
I want to add a game used/issued Kurt Suzuki jersey & a Marucci bat to my Suzuki collection.

AWA85
12-24-2010, 06:14 PM
After a monster 2010 that was topped off with my Barry Larkin glove, everything else is all down hill. Here are two items I would like to pick up in 2011.

1. Ken Griffey Jr Reds game used jersey with tons of use.

2. Nebraska Cornhusker game used helmet with some battle marks on it.

RRexpressfan94
12-24-2010, 06:29 PM
For one, I would like to add more to my Hamilton collection, maybe a couple more bats and definitely a GU jersey, even go for a world series one would be awesome. Also, I would like to add a few well know stars to my GU hat PC and in person autograph wise, I would like to add at least 100 more signed cards to my 2009 Topps set. As for that, I would like to add anything else that comes my way!

Drew

d4347
12-24-2010, 07:37 PM
I'm looking to add any pre 2005 mets jerseys that catch my eye. Any sellers out there please let me know.

Rob
robertbrender@hotmail.com

frikativ54
12-24-2010, 07:53 PM
2010 was very good to me collecting-wise. I achieved all my goals and more - it was awesome to add significantly to my collection.

For 2011, I am looking to expand my Jeff Bagwell game-used cleat collection. Paying top dollar for game-used shoes.

The other thing is that I finally want to track down a Jeff Bagwell game-used fielder's glove. It may not happen, but one can always wish.

17ROCKIES12
12-24-2010, 08:18 PM
Clint Barmes black Rockies jersey, and any Astros jersey

godwulf
12-24-2010, 08:38 PM
Before the end of the year, I'd really like, more than anything else, to figure out how to display more of the collection that I have now.

Then, of course, photograph it and brag about it here!

I'd also like to concentrate on acquiring the few bats that I need to complete my '98 and '01 Diamondbacks sets.

island_style
12-25-2010, 06:13 AM
In 2010 I significantly downsized my Hawaii baseball collection. The items went to some amazing collections!

For 2011, I'd like to add items to my current collecting interests when comfort money allows:

Vero Beach Dodgers
Dodgertown (the former Dodgers spring training site)
Baseballs (AL, NL, commemorative, Minor Leagues, etc.)
Chad FonvilleHope that everyone has great success collecting their 2011 themes!

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

BIGSTIG
12-25-2010, 10:35 AM
Any of these 1989 Cubs jerseys......

Pitchers
45 Paul Assenmacher (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Assenmacher)
36 Mike Bielecki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Bielecki)
31 Greg Maddux (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Maddux)
21 Scott Sanderson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Sanderson)
40 Rick Sutcliffe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Sutcliffe)Catchers
9 Damon Berryhill (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damon_Berryhill)
7 Joe Girardi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Girardi)Infielders

12 Shawon Dunston (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawon_Dunston)
17 Mark Grace (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Grace)
2 Vance Law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vance_Law)
23 Ryne Sandberg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryne_Sandberg)Outfielders
29 Doug Dascenzo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Dascenzo)
8 Andre Dawson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andre_Dawson)
24 Gary Varsho (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Varsho)Manager
4 Don Zimmer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Zimmer)

dcrules01
12-25-2010, 10:38 AM
Anything from
Jason Isringhausen Mets,A's,Cardinals,Rays
Bill Pulsipher Mets Cardinals,Devil Rays,Brewers,White Sox,Red Son
Paul Wilson Mets gamer
Any Mets bp from 95-9? For Izzy Pulse Wilson
99 A's Jason Isringhausen with the Catfish patch
01 Izzy with the flag patch home away green alt
02 Izzy St Louis Cardinals with the Kile-Buck patch
01 Pulsipher White Sox w flag patch
01 Pulsipher Red Soz
95 Paul Wilson Mets home or away
Bill Pulsipher bat
Izzy Pulsipher cleats helmets caps gloves

Doug Flynn
Mets home or away
Expos home or away
Reds home or away
Anything Expos

Joel Youngblood
Mets home or away
Reds home or away even coaches jersey from the 90s
Diamondbacks
San Francisco Giants
Milwaukee Brewers

Flynn or Youngblood bats jerseys caps gloves cleats

Help me out guys contact me dcrules01@msn.com

shaunharr
12-25-2010, 11:03 AM
I would love to finally get a Greg Golson game used bat, preferably Marucci. I would also like to add at least one more game used Marucci to my collection, as my only Marucci now is JD Closser.

And the priority, as usual, is J.R. Towles and German Duran! Looking for absolutely anything game used, ESPECIALLY Towles catching gear, glove from either guy, or cleats from either player!

gaytorhater703
12-25-2010, 11:08 AM
-LSU Pro Combat Gloves
-LSU Pro Combat Shoes
-Trindon Holliday LSU Game used Jersey
-Any other LSU Football Game Used Items

lakeerie92
12-25-2010, 11:35 AM
I am hoping to pick up an uncracked game used Chipper Jones bat to replace the one I sold this year.

I also hope to add a few authenticated all star game baseballs and what seems to be my white whale, an authenticated 2010 Civil Rights Game baseball.

sox83cubs84
12-25-2010, 07:31 PM
Not a game used goal, per se, but one I'd like to achieve: a trip to spring training in 2011. Mawsive debts and bad health (once) have left me without a trip to Arizona since 2007. I miss it and want to spend my money there. If I can get 1 or 2 more debts eliminated soon, it'll be a reality.

Dave Miedema

frikativ54
12-25-2010, 09:12 PM
Not a game used goal, per se, but one I'd like to achieve: a trip to spring training in 2011. Mawsive debts and bad health (once) have left me without a trip to Arizona since 2007. I miss it and want to spend my money there. If I can get 1 or 2 more debts eliminated soon, it'll be a reality.

Dave Miedema

Sorry to hear about the poor health and debts. I hope things look up for you, Dave, and that you are well enough and financially able to go to Spring Training in Arizona.

tigerfan4
12-25-2010, 10:10 PM
Josh Reed #25 LSU game used jersey;

Other LSU "Star" game used items.

djamesdlaw@yahoo.com

Ollie
12-25-2010, 10:18 PM
I want to keep my Rob Thomson collection (Yankees 3rd Base coach) going. I have at least 1 jersey of his from 08 and 2 from 09 and 2 from 10. Would also like to keep my Yankees collection cap going, have one from 07 to 10, and would love to keep it going.

sox83cubs84
12-25-2010, 11:49 PM
Sorry to hear about the poor health and debts. I hope things look up for you, Dave, and that you are well enough and financially able to go to Spring Training in Arizona.

Thanks, Frik.

The debts were a result of a major illness that began while I was at spring training in 2006. As of Jan. 1, I'll have my final two medical debts paid off. After that, what's left is two hobby-related debts. If I clear one and eliminate most of the other, I'm in the clear.

Dave Miedema

marinersbaseballfan21
12-26-2010, 03:16 AM
1995 and 2001 Mariners team game used bat sets!

harpt
12-28-2010, 05:50 PM
Would like to add at least one significant piece of Ben Oglivie Brewers memorabilia from 1978-1986.

cubsWSchamps
12-28-2010, 06:01 PM
Tog et some good Cubs GU

Also to find a 2009 Boise Hawks hak Ju Lee jersey, and any jerseys he wears this year!

spartanservitto
12-28-2010, 06:16 PM
Accomplished not only my 2011 goal, by ultimate collecting goal. A game used Signed and inscribed Albert Pujols bat, with a signed letter from Albert, MLB authentication on the signature, and his personal hologram... Never thought I would be given the opportunity to own a bat with such rock solid authenticity.

-Tony

Dewey2007
12-28-2010, 06:47 PM
That's awesome Tony! I felt the same way when I got my '09 Rollins WS jersey. Never thought I'd get the chance to own something like that either.

Accomplished not only my 2011 goal, by ultimate collecting goal. A game used Signed and inscribed Albert Pujols bat, with a signed letter from Albert, MLB authentication on the signature, and his personal hologram... Never thought I would be given the opportunity to own a bat with such rock solid authenticity.

-Tony

cliffjmp33
12-28-2010, 10:24 PM
My goal for 2011 is simple, clean out all my older general memorabilia. I know it's worth a few bucks, but not a ton. I'd ideally like to put 1/2 of whatever I get towards to a nice 2008 World Series item or a Phillies helmet and the rest into the bank for my family.

We'll see, just aiming moderately for the future.

jake33
12-29-2010, 04:56 PM
1 1995 or 1996 orange bucs game used jersey
1 old style bucs game used helmet of an identifiable player
Talk JO Sports down to $400 for the Sammie Stroughter #18 Bucs jersey
Run down a game used powder blue tampa bay rays alternate jersey somehow
Dan Johnson game used uniform + batting helmet from the rays 2011 throwback game

Gain more ground for my game used collecting book.... get signed by a literary agent, I would like to one day make all my money back from collecting game used memorabilia from the book if possible (4 figures)

DJaeger22
12-29-2010, 06:28 PM
getting a john flaherty yankees GU jersey
Drew Storen TBTC jersey from his rookie year and his upcoming season

frikativ54
12-31-2010, 02:44 AM
2010 was very good to me collecting-wise. I achieved all my goals and more - it was awesome to add significantly to my collection.

For 2011, I am looking to expand my Jeff Bagwell game-used cleat collection. Paying top dollar for game-used shoes.

The other thing is that I finally want to track down a Jeff Bagwell game-used fielder's glove. It may not happen, but one can always wish.

As far as the Bagwell cleats, I would love a pair or two from the mid to late 1990s. I am also after a pair of game-used batting gloves with the hard shell.

ivo610
12-31-2010, 04:53 PM
Slim down the collection and buy only a couple "big" items. My collecting didn't really have a direction this year and I hope to change that.

MichaelofSF
12-31-2010, 05:03 PM
items that I would like to obtain:

1990 George Brett game used bat with typical characteristics
2009 Zack Greinke mlb authenticated GU Royals jersey
2009 Golden Tate home ND GU jersey
2007-2010 Randy Moss Patriots GU jersey
1990s Jerry Rice 49ers GU jersey with team letter
Chauncey Billups GU Pistons jersey with Mei Gray authentication

kylehess10
12-31-2010, 06:03 PM
My 2011 goals will include the following:

1) Find Brooks Conrad's 2010 home jersey. He only wore 2. I have 1, still looking for the other.

2) Thin out my collection to include more Braves memorabilia. This is basically what I did in 2010, and I sold a majority of the non-Braves items, but there's still some stuff left that isn't worth much at all and doesn't involve the Braves one bit. I need to get rid of those.

3) Add atleast one piece to my collection that has some sort of historical significance to the team, player or MLB

casmith12
12-31-2010, 06:50 PM
My main goal this year will to pick up a game used Reggie Ball Jersey

happyyoungster
12-31-2010, 09:08 PM
I may get some crap for this, but...

I'd like to snag six (6) game home runs during the 2011 MLB ballhawking season.

sox83cubs84
12-31-2010, 10:18 PM
I may get some crap for this, but...

I'd like to snag six (6) game home runs during the 2011 MLB ballhawking season.

No crap coming from this member...as long as you don't pimp me on any of them;) . And, since I don't get to more than a handful of Brewers games each year, that isn't likely...more power to you!

Dave Miedema
(I'll be happy with 1);)

happyyoungster
12-31-2010, 10:35 PM
No crap coming from this member...as long as you don't pimp me on any of them;) . And, since I don't get to more than a handful of Brewers games each year, that isn't likely...more power to you!

Dave Miedema
(I'll be happy with 1);)

Thanks, Mr. Miedema.
If I see you at "The Cell," I'll be sure to come up and introduce myself.

BTW, nice job on the Konerko homer...

jetersbatboy
12-31-2010, 10:52 PM
My primary goal, would be to find a Joe Desa, and or John Matias game used bats.... Also I'd also like to further my Hawaii collection, with other Hawaii players bats. I think 20 bats would be a good goal for the year.

woody1351
01-02-2011, 06:04 PM
i would like to get a Marino jersey, kurt warner rams jersey a pujols if i can find a steal. like always anyone from western illinois university.
Bryan Cox (dolphins would take a bears)
ed hartwell
mike scifres
rodney harrison
jason williams (cowboys or panthers but i want one from a game he was active in)
john earle
don beebe
frank winters(packers)
mike wagner steelers
fabian bowens
frisman jackson
bronos coach red miller
jerseys or bat from rick or paul reuschel. if you know where some of these players jerseys are please let me know since most are not really well know. thanks

halzeus
01-02-2011, 06:22 PM
I'd like to add to my Michigan Wolverines football game used items.
Items I'm hoping to find include:

1980's or older gu Michigan helmet
2005 - 2007 Nike away game jersey
2008 - 2010 Adidas away game jersey
Any Butch Woolfolk items

SkubeBats
01-02-2011, 06:52 PM
I'm not going to go so cazzy over current Brewers items as much as I did in 2010. UNLESS THEY WIN THE WORLD SERIES!!!

I would like to add these items to my collection in 2011....

Bob Skube GU bat
Robin Yount batting glove (right hand)
Any Brewers 1982 World Series GU Bat
Robin Yount rookie era gu bat
Paul Molitor 1977-79 gu bat
Larry Hisle 1980-83 LS or 1982 Adirondack bat
Jim Gantner 1980-83 LS or 1982 Adirondack bat
Joe Hauser 1920's GU bat
Any Brewers GU fielder gloves

ncbadges
01-02-2011, 08:32 PM
Would love to add a few more Hamilton bats and ESPECIALLY one of his fielding gloves...which is MY white whale.

ncb

weasel49er
01-02-2011, 11:22 PM
I would love to add two out of the three jerseys on my wish list for the Bears. im wanting a Corey Graham, Rashied Davis, or Devin aromashodu. Ill take whatever i can get my hands on though.

kylehess10
01-03-2011, 05:03 AM
My 2011 goals will include the following:

1) Find Brooks Conrad's 2010 home jersey. He only wore 2. I have 1, still looking for the other.

2) Thin out my collection to include more Braves memorabilia. This is basically what I did in 2010, and I sold a majority of the non-Braves items, but there's still some stuff left that isn't worth much at all and doesn't involve the Braves one bit. I need to get rid of those.

3) Add atleast one piece to my collection that has some sort of historical significance to the team, player or MLB

We're barely into January 3rd and I can already mark off number 3 :D

frikativ54
01-03-2011, 05:19 AM
We're barely into January 3rd and I can already mark off number 3 :D

Do divulge your secret, Kyle. What have you found? :D

dcgreg25
01-03-2011, 10:29 AM
My collecting goals for 2011 include:

Baseball
I would like to make a dent in my 1995 and 1997 Indians Team bat collection. Right now that means tracking down a good Manny Ramirez Indians bat (or two), Omar Vizquel, Kenny Lofton among others. I am always looking to add interesting Indians items, especially postseason items.

Football
Try to track down some good Browns jerseys from some of my favorite players from the 80's/early 90's as well as jerseys for Reggie Brooks, Chris Zorich and/or Rocket Ismail.

Overall
I would really like to overhaul my display and replace framed jerseys with cases that I could rotate jerseys in and out of as well as get some new items up on the walls.

neverfinished94
01-03-2011, 10:40 AM
Just looking for the guys in my signature

Tampa Bay Buccaneer Roy Miller-looking for a Tx Longhorn jersey or Bucs cleats
San Francisco 49er Dominique Zeigler-jersey or cleats
Chicago Bears Juaquin Iglesias-jersey or cleats
Chicago Bears Tommie Harris-jersey or cleats
Chicago Bears Charles Tillman-jersey or cleats

kylehess10
01-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Do divulge your secret, Kyle. What have you found? :D

I got the pitching rubber from Armando Gallaraga's Almost Perfect Game, as well as being used for every other game during the 2010 season in Detroit. Definitely psyched for this one!

jppopma
01-03-2011, 07:36 PM
I got the pitching rubber from Armando Gallaraga's Almost Perfect Game, as well as being used for every other game during the 2010 season in Detroit. Definitely psyched for this one!

Nice pick up Kyle. Hope its the field rubber and not one of the 4 from the bullpens. Make sure the Tigers spell that out for you.

kylehess10
01-04-2011, 06:38 AM
Nice pick up Kyle. Hope its the field rubber and not one of the 4 from the bullpens. Make sure the Tigers spell that out for you.

Thanks for reminding me!! I had already e-mailed Marc with the Tigers before bidding asking for a clarification that it was used all season. I forgot though to also clarify if it was the main field pitching rubber. I just e-mailed him asking that so I should be getting a response soon.

I got it off of MLB Auctions for a steal in my opinion. The description was worded as if it was used on the main field though:

http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=140502554&prmenbr=33072944&aunbr=140849264

kylehess10
01-04-2011, 08:56 AM
Thanks for reminding me!! I had already e-mailed Marc with the Tigers before bidding asking for a clarification that it was used all season. I forgot though to also clarify if it was the main field pitching rubber. I just e-mailed him asking that so I should be getting a response soon.

I got it off of MLB Auctions for a steal in my opinion. The description was worded as if it was used on the main field though:

http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=140502554&prmenbr=33072944&aunbr=140849264

geez....Marc is quick with responding. He clarified that the pitching rubber is indeed from the main field.

shoremen44
01-04-2011, 12:58 PM
I have at least one pretty lofty goal for 2011

a Musial H&B gamer

rwoodsbats
01-05-2011, 12:20 PM
My 2011 collecting goals this year would be:
1) Get a game used Mariners Mothers Day bat
2) Get my bat collection up to 150