PDA

View Full Version : Ron Kittle numbers and information

Hawk
08-12-2006, 09:44 PM
Hey Jim,

Could I get some numbers, lengths and weights Kittle used in his career?

Thanks for your time,
Geoff

JimCaravello
08-13-2006, 02:36 AM
Hi Geoff - unfortunately we do not have Kittle's records. If I can help in any other way, inlcluding looking at some photographs you may have, I'd be more than happy to do so. Also - if any other members have Kittle info and they can help Geoff, please post. Thanks, Jim

Hawk
08-13-2006, 07:46 AM
Thanks Jim,

Here are two bats that are on Ebay right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RON-KITTLE-WHITE-SOX-LOUISVILLE-SLUGGER-125-P72-BAT_W0QQitemZ130009014926QQihZ003QQcategoryZ25132Q QssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This one I can't get them to email me any information on. I would like one uncracked. This one appears to have a taped handle. Not sure if its taped because there is a crack, but I have never seen another taped Kittle. I haven't seen a lot of them, but never one with tape. Its a model P72, 34 inch.

Here is the second bat that just ended on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ron-Kittle-Game-Used-Bat-ROY-1983-Chicago-White-Sox-NR_W0QQitemZ320014846941QQihZ011QQcategoryZ60596QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Its a model K48, 35 inch. It doesn't have a taped handle.

I will try and come up with some more pictures.

Thanks for helping me out,
Geoff

JimCaravello
08-13-2006, 10:14 AM
Hi Geoff - the first bat is clearly a store model bat with the Flame Tempered stamp next to the centerbrand. The second bat appears to be a professional model bat. That seller usually sells game used bats and the length seems appropriate for Kittle ( 35" ) and sounds like it has some characteristics that say it saw major league use.........."This is a Louisville Slugger finished natural wood Signature Model K48. The bat is 35 inches in length and the large slugger's barrel has good ball marks and blue smears from Kittle hitting blue inked official American League baseballs right on the screws. The bat has a small crack in the lower barrel on the back of the bat-this minor crack lays completely flat, is missing no pieces of wood and it does not affect the excellent display of this gamer. "

Let me know how else I can help. Jim