PDA

View Full Version : Hockey experts?

Titans74
12-26-2010, 11:02 PM
Have a hockey jersey question. I've been looking at a few jerseys from Meigray and came across something that I need help figuring out. Are there only 3 sets of jerseys issued each year? From what I can tell set 1 is worn the first 2 months of the season, set 2 the next two months and set 3 the last two months. Is this correct or even close?

gingi79
12-27-2010, 11:20 AM
Hi Lincoln,

Yes you are pretty close. I am going to steal a post from Rob Grouse at MeiGray from another site.

Philadelphia Flyers’ set 1 jerseys are on the meigray.com website and available for pre-order. A 25% deposit holds the jersey or you
can pay in full and receive a 5% discount.

The jerseys that the Flyers wore on December 21st for their Skills Competition were set 2 jerseys. These jerseys will be on the website shortly.

Set Dates:

Orange Set 1: October 11 – December 4
White Set 1: Preseason, October 7 – December 15

Orange Set 2: December 5 – March 5
White Set 2: December 28 – March 6

Orange Set 3: March 8 – April 9
White Set 3: March 10 – April 8

If the Flyers’ qualify for the playoffs, they are expected to wear set 3 jerseys.
Philadelphia is wearing RBK version 2.0 jerseys.

These set dates are subject to change based on jersey availability from Reebok/The Hockey Company, and the team’s on-ice needs. However, we will update any changes as soon as we have new information.

Titans74
12-27-2010, 08:33 PM
Thank you for the response and the information Gingi79. I was curious because I am looking into purchasing a certain jersey from Meigray. They have that years jersey sets 1, 2 and 3 on their website for this particular player. Yet, JOsportsco has a identical jersey (same style, year) from this same player and have it descripted as a set 2. I am curious as to where the error is. If hockey jerseys come in 3 sets, how is there a 4th jersey out there? All four jerseys are tagged by Meigray and the tag states they are 2009-2010's. I don't think this is anything more than a listing error, but need to be sure before making a final purchase. After seeing what oponions I get here I suppose a call to both Meigray and JO would be the next appropriate step.

BarryMeisel
12-27-2010, 10:03 PM
Lincoln,

Give us a call tomorrow and we'll be happy to help. We can access our database and identify each of the jerseys you are considering.

Barry at MeiGray

BarryMeisel
12-27-2010, 10:04 PM
Call our toll-free, 888-463-4472.

Titans74
12-27-2010, 10:33 PM
Barry,

Thank you for reaching out. I'm off Wed. and will certainly call you then.

BarryMeisel
12-28-2010, 12:40 PM
I look forward to hearing from you, Lincoln.