PDA

View Full Version : Arena Football Helmets and Toronto Blue Jays batting helmet

Larry Pelliccioni
12-27-2010, 03:20 PM
I would like to solicit your input on the values you would place on Arena Football helmets. I have not seen enough offered to gauge where there value should be. Also, which teams would command a premium based on scarcity, appeal or any other factors you care to input.
I am hoping that this could accomplish a couple of things, the most important one is to share our opinions and rationale for the pricing of these collectibles that others may benefit and learn from it.
Also, I have a Kelly Grueber Toronto Blue Jays batting helmet from the late 80's if anyone care to hazard how to value it.
I am not looking at this time to sell anything but I am looking for serious input and should you not want to share it with the Forum community, you may email me at llpell@wowway.com
Thank you.
Larry Pelliccioni

RRexpressfan94
12-27-2010, 03:23 PM
I would like to solicit your input on the values you would place on Arena Football helmets. I have not seen enough offered to gauge where there value should be. Also, which teams would command a premium based on scarcity, appeal or any other factors you care to input.
I am hoping that this could accomplish a couple of things, the most important one is to share our opinions and rationale for the pricing of these collectibles that others may benefit and learn from it.
Also, I have a Kelly Grueber Toronto Blue Jays batting helmet from the late 80's if anyone care to hazard how to value it.
I am not looking at this time to sell anything but I am looking for serious input and should you not want to share it with the Forum community, you may email me at llpell@wowway.com
Thank you.
Larry Pelliccioni

If you are looking to get rid of the Kelly Gruber batting helmet, I would love to get it. I go to high school with Kelly's son, Kyle. He comes around quite often and goes to all of Kyles football and Baseball games.

Thanks much!

vballGuy
01-20-2011, 10:10 AM
Hi Larry,

If you have solid provenance for the Gruber batting helmet (possibly even a photomatch), I would say that you could sell it to a serious Jays collector for at least $500. Perhaps more, depending on the avenue in which you advertise.

Gruber is an insanely popular player in Toronto, and due to the rarity of the item (80s batting helmet), I wouldn't be surprised if it sold inbetween $500-$800.

With that said, I know nothing about batting helmets and how much they go for, so I'm simply supplying an estimate :).

perlman9
01-20-2011, 10:25 AM
Arena stuff seems to not have much value from what i can see. Most seem to sell to those who collect players from certain colleges and want to add those items (I have a Columbus Destroyers' Sedrick Irvin and Franklin from Michigan State) but have seen others jerseys sell for like $50 even though they are very nice and eye appealing. I would think items with player attribution would be marketable to those looking for that player, but it seems fans in the cities that had those teams are not seeking the items. I have seen many jerseys sell for $30 and helmets around $100 but again, I think if you find the right player, etc. can get a premium price. For example, I know someone on here had a like of Nashvilel Kats items, and was moving for very low pricing, but I would have paid double for a Jeff Smoker, but had no interest in the others.

intheminors
01-20-2011, 10:57 AM
I would have to say that the Denver Dynamite (1987) and the Washington Commandos (1987) would have to be high on that list. Denver was the first ArenaBowl champion and the that was the only Arena championship game played outdoors.

If they are even out there, the AFL played a test game in 1987 between the Chicago Politicians and the Rockford Metros. Those would have to be very rare, if they even had emblems/logos on the helmets.

Just from an odd collecting standpoint, the Miami Hooters would also have to be up there.

Personally, I have looked from time to time for a Fort Worth Cavalry helmet. I found one at one time but never pulled the trigger.

Just my two cents.