PDA

View Full Version : How Bout them "EAGLES"

cohibasmoker
12-29-2010, 08:48 AM
Spent Monday in Philly and talk around the town was, "why was the Sunday game cancelled" and "who really did make the final decision to cancel the game"? Was it the City, the NFL or the Eagles?

The answer may never be known but the majority of "ticket-holders" I spoke to were pissed the game was cancelled, the Governor of Pa. was none too happy, the TV networks were pissed because it would have been a ratings bonanza and one other interesting comment came up - Mr. Vick may have some undisclosed injuries and whoever (NFL and/or team) didn't want him running around in the snow so they took the opportunity to have the game postponed for a few extra days rest.

Whatever the reason (s), 4-6 inches of snow should NOT have cancelled the game. With the NFL thinking about adding a extra game to the regular season, someone may want to tell the NFL - IT GETS COLD IN THE NORTHEAST IN JANUARY and FEBRUARY and YES, SNOW IS A POSSIBILITY.

Just a comment,

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net

ironmanfan
12-29-2010, 09:43 AM
isn't the Super Bowl scheduled to be played in the Meadowlands sometime in the next couple years?

Baseball83
12-29-2010, 06:25 PM
Jim, I agree. I recall reading about the 1948 Championship Game where the players were actually helping with snow removal. Safety is everyone's concern. But growing up football was played in any weather. This fact distinguished it from other sports. My head tells me to take the safer course, but my heart says the game should have been played.

cohibasmoker
12-30-2010, 07:55 AM
If you guys haven't seen the Rendell video, I've attached a link - it's pretty cool. Although I don't agree with Ed Rendell's political views, no-one can disagree that he is a die-hard Eagles fan. When he goes to Eagles games, he leaves his "Governor's Cap" home. He's sat through the rain, sleet, snow and blizzards as well as the lean years of Eagles football.

As for "Public Safety" anyone who goes to Eagles games has seen the many car accidents after the game. Alcohol is probably a contributing factor in most of the accidents. If the NFL was so concerned about "Public Safety", maybe they should stop selling alcoholic beverages at the games?

Just an opinion.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Video-Eagles-workers-leave-pile-of-snow-in-gove?urn=nfl-301454&post_comment=1&success=1

Gocong57
01-08-2011, 09:19 AM
Should be nice, slippery and cold (19 deg windchill) tomorrow night. I had an opportunity to go to the game, but tailgate drinking from morning on in extreme cold weather is no longer my cup of tea :D

cohibasmoker
01-09-2011, 10:30 AM
Jim, I agree. I recall reading about the 1948 Championship Game where the players were actually helping with snow removal. Safety is everyone's concern. But growing up football was played in any weather. This fact distinguished it from other sports. My head tells me to take the safer course, but my heart says the game should have been played.

Would this be the game you're talking about? Can you see today's football players doing this?

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net

slambam
01-09-2011, 01:46 PM
I couldn't see today's football players doing that, but I also didn't expect today's baseball players to do this a few years ago.

http://cdn.allleftturns.com/www/sites/default/files/articles/tarp_0.jpg

helmets
01-10-2011, 12:55 PM
"How bout them "Eagles"

Go Pack Go...

cohibasmoker
01-10-2011, 03:15 PM
Eagles could have won that game easily but when it came down to crunch time, Mr. Vick threw an interception to end the game. Is Vick a MVP candidate? Perhaps - but a true MVP candidate would have thrown a TD pass to win the game and NOT a interception to lose the game.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net