PDA

View Full Version : Two bats: Ryan Freel Pink and Ryan Hanigan

TomTimmerman
01-03-2011, 01:36 PM
Hello all,
My closet is overflowing. Here's what I have to offer today:

1. Ryan Freel Game Used Pink Mother's Day bat from May 10, 2009. $135 delivered

Here's what the MLB database says:

Hologram number LH171588 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BROKEN BAT.
Session Product Description:

Session Name: CHC AT MIL
Session Date: May 10, 2009
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
Additional Information: PINK LOUISVILLE SLUGGER MODEL 113 BELONING TO RYAN FREEL WITH HANDLE CRACKED IN EIGHTH INNING

Here's what Tom says: Freel entered the game as a pinch hitter in the top of the ninth and singled off of Mike DiFelice with this bat. The full MLB video has some good shots of this bat, including Ryan kicking the bat producing the blue shoe marks. Also good ball marks. This at-bat was Ryan's debut with the Cubs. He was traded from the Orioles to the Cubs on May 8, which is why the bat says "Baltmore Orioles"
Hopefully link will work:
http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=4523837

2. Ryan Hanigan Game Used Bat: $70 delivered

I have two bats and want to sell one. You pick the one you want and it's yours. I'll keep the other. I obtained both of these from Steiner. The Steiner LOA says they both were obtained from Yankee Stadium. They are both dated from May, 2009 and the Reds haven't played the Yankees since then, so I'm still not sure how they ended up in Yankee Stadium. The two-tone has a nice amount of pine tar. Both are uncracked. One of them has 29 marked out and 17 added. So this bat could have been shared with Laynce Nix. Here's another possibility. Chad Moeller was a catcher with the Reds in 2007 along with Hanigan. In 2010, Moeller spent some time with the Yankees and wore 17. It's conceivable that catcher friends share bats, but I don't know for sure.

Thanks for looking,
Tom
timmermant at gmail dot com

r_to_the_2nd@yahoo.com
01-03-2011, 02:10 PM
Very interested in the Hanigan that was not shared with # 17.

Can you send a complete picture of just that bat to this e-mail address. Also is the bat MLB authenticated?

Thanks, let me know!

TomTimmerman
01-03-2011, 03:16 PM
Two-tone Hanigan is sold. Thanks!

TomTimmerman
01-04-2011, 09:47 PM
Bump for the Tuesday night crowd.

TomTimmerman
01-05-2011, 08:51 PM
Both bats sold. Thanks to the buyers.