PDA

View Full Version : AP Images

LWMM
01-03-2011, 07:48 PM
Does anyone know of a good way to get prints or files from AP Images? I've been trying to get ahold of one for over a year, but it doesn't look as though they sell MLB photos for personal use, and the cheapest editorial license I can find costs $59 (I'm willing to pay for it, just not that much). Talked to the photographer, and he referred me right back to the website.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. If you would rather not post here, please send me a PM instead.

TriplexXxSports
01-04-2011, 01:49 PM
Send me an e-mail and I'll walk you through it. Its fairly simple.

TriplexXxSports
01-04-2011, 02:07 PM
Or, go to the APImages.com home page. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and select "Personal Use" under "Services".

Once on that page, on the right hand side (towards the top) the is a request page. There should be a link (Complete this request form and we will try to find it for you.) (https://www.replayphotos.com/apphotostore/apSpecialRequest.cfm)

Fill out the form, and there you go....

LWMM
01-05-2011, 12:35 AM
Thanks for the information---I've put in a request, and will update when I hear back.

For clarification, the $59 I quoted above is for a single image, it is not a database subscription cost.

xmartyx
01-05-2011, 09:56 AM
It does state in the FAQ though that the only sports images they can give out is NFL/NCAA.

LWMM
01-05-2011, 11:28 AM
It does state in the FAQ though that the only sports images they can give out is NFL/NCAA.

I was afraid of that, especially as it would not allow me to outright buy a personal license for the image. I got this message today:

We have reviewed your Special Photo Request submitted on 01/04/2011.
Regretfully, AP does not have rights to sell this image for personal use.

Dewey2007
01-05-2011, 12:22 PM
They used to sell MLB photos because I bought a couple of Dontrelle Willis pics through AP Images. Now I think Getty has the rights to all MLB photos. I wish I would have bought a few more before they stopped making them available.

I was afraid of that, especially as it would not allow me to outright buy a personal license for the image. I got this message today:

We have reviewed your Special Photo Request submitted on 01/04/2011.
Regretfully, AP does not have rights to sell this image for personal use.