PDA

View Full Version : Rod Carew Twins Gamer?

beantown
01-03-2011, 09:57 PM
Thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=180607797545&si=bdvQS4j3oNu4Ye3M1gSGRX5ZBEg%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

sox83cubs84
01-03-2011, 11:28 PM
Beantown:

Jersey sold for $500...way less than a Carew Twins should.

Personally, I've got issues with the tagging font and appearance.

Dave Miedema

beantown
01-03-2011, 11:32 PM
Beantown:

Jersey sold for $500...way less than a Carew Twins should.

Personally, I've got issues with the tagging font and appearance.

Dave Miedema

Dave,

Hello...I would have thought the tail tags would have been the same color as the jersey...

Tay1038
01-04-2011, 12:01 AM
Hey guys,
It's legit. Everything looks good to me. Probably the biggest STEAL this year and prob. for the rest of the year!

1970REDS
01-04-2011, 08:21 AM
Recently picked up a 77 Kuehl Coaches jersey , Year tag has a white strip tag like the Carew but the font on the 7's is different than the Carew .

sylbry
01-04-2011, 12:12 PM
I have owned a lot of knit pullover Twins jerseys, many of them in rough shape. But I have never seen one this bad.

A few observations:

The Twins were notorious for recycling jerseys. Has this one had a number change. My guess is no since the logo wear and the number wear are consistent. But keep in mind, this style of jersey was also used in the minors.

I can not imagine a situation where the back numbers would fray that bad. Nor can I imagine a situation where that jersey would still be in use in that bad of shape, especially but the team's star player. Griffith was cheap, but not that cheap.

Most beat up knits I have seen also have letter and number fade. Makes sense right? If a jersey was worn long enough to get beat up, it was also worn long enough to suffer sun fading. I don't see any fade here. Granted the pics are not that great either.

Should have a Wilson tag in the neck. Don't see it. But they were also prone to come off too.

As far as being legit, I offer no opinion without actually handling it.

sox83cubs84
01-04-2011, 04:49 PM
Dave,

Hello...I would have thought the tail tags would have been the same color as the jersey...

That's not one of the problems in this case...the Twins powder blue Wilson pullovers did use a white tail strip tag.

Dave Miedema