PDA

View Full Version : 1987 Red Sox Home Uniform Manufacturer(s)?

Robert Sanders
01-04-2011, 02:36 PM
Can anyone out there tell me who manufactured the home jersey and pants for the Red Sox in 1987? I have come across a 1987 home uniform where the jersey is manufactured by Rawlings and the pants by Wilson. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance!
Robert

athletics61
01-04-2011, 04:05 PM
Home 1987 Red Sox jerseys were manufactured by Wilson, and the roads were Rawlings. They should have the Fenway 75th Anniversary patch as well.

I can't speak for the pants, though.

Hope this helps.

Don

maccamania
01-04-2011, 09:02 PM
Can anyone out there tell me who manufactured the home jersey and pants for the Red Sox in 1987? I have come across a 1987 home uniform where the jersey is manufactured by Rawlings and the pants by Wilson. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance!
Robert

Robert
if you refering to the 1987 home evans uniform, its a good one, I have a 90 road that came from the same source........:)

jgoldstein2000
01-04-2011, 11:32 PM
Where is this Evans jersey?

Robert Sanders
01-05-2011, 12:57 AM
Robert
if you refering to the 1987 home evans uniform, its a good one, I have a 90 road that came from the same source........:)

Thanks both to Macamania and to Don for their quick replies. I have asked the seller about the existence of the 1987 Fenway patch and he said he would go take it out of storage and look. I agree that the source of this uniform appears rock solid, but if it is lacking the Fenway patch and has the tagging of the manufacturer of the 1987 road jerseys rather than the home ones, then the combination of the two red flags might be a bit too much for me to want to pull the trigger.

Just out of curiosity, was 1987 a transitional year for Red Sox home jerseys (between Rawlings and Wilson), which as a result, some of their home jerseys ended up being made by Rawlings instead of the more common Wilson home jerseys?

Robert

sox83cubs84
01-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Thanks both to Macamania and to Don for their quick replies. I have asked the seller about the existence of the 1987 Fenway patch and he said he would go take it out of storage and look. I agree that the source of this uniform appears rock solid, but if it is lacking the Fenway patch and has the tagging of the manufacturer of the 1987 road jerseys rather than the home ones, then the combination of the two red flags might be a bit too much for me to want to pull the trigger.

Just out of curiosity, was 1987 a transitional year for Red Sox home jerseys (between Rawlings and Wilson), which as a result, some of their home jerseys ended up being made by Rawlings instead of the more common Wilson home jerseys?

Robert

Wilson made both home and road Red Sox unies from 1979-86. When Rawlings got the 5-year MLB supplier contract from 1987-91, the road greys were supplied for the Bosox in those 5 seasons by Rawlings, while Wilson continued to do the home version for those 5 years. Both styles fipped over to Russell when they got the MLB contract in 1992.

Dave Miedema

Robert Sanders
01-06-2011, 11:35 AM
Thanks Dave. That is about as comprehensive and authoritative an answer as one could ever hope for! :D To the seller's credit, the uniform is no longer listed on his website.

Robert