PDA

View Full Version : removing sharpie from tackel twill

jake33
01-05-2011, 05:08 PM
Does that product "ink away" really work? I havea white tackle twill number with a black sharpie autograph that I am looking to remove, what would be best?

josun45
01-05-2011, 11:24 PM
I used some on a basketball gamer.. and you can still see a slight blue tint to it

Whats the reason you are looking to remove it? If a slight tint would bother you, I wouldnt recommend it

jake33
01-06-2011, 12:07 PM
I have an ugly smudged autograph on white tackle twill, black sharpie that had purple runoff and bleeding. Can you take a pic of the light blut tint, since that bottle of Ink Away will cost me about $13.00

Mulligans
01-06-2011, 01:36 PM
I had the same problem and was able to remove it successfully. I'm just happy that it was a white number and the only downfall was that I ended up washing the Jersey.

Get a chlorox pen or one of those bleach sticks that you can squeeze the foamy bleach on the number to about 1/16 -1/4 thickness (make sure it does not get on the Jersey)....let it sit overnight and comlete the process as many time as you like and wash it at least once or soak in h2o and its like magic....its gone!

Good luck......I could not see even the slightest trace of the signature after the process.

jake33
01-06-2011, 02:08 PM
Warm or cold water?

josun45
01-06-2011, 02:16 PM
ill get a pic up later tonite..

hopefully a bleach pen can help me get rid of the blue tint tho :)

Mulligans
01-06-2011, 03:02 PM
I'm sure that either would work fine. After my third round with the Bleach it was 99% gone and 2 washings on warm was all it needed to be brand new and not one trace of sharpie.

The bleach will actually dry up, flake and turn yellow.....just rub it off a little with the little bleach brush and some water....Once you clean it off add a new layer and complete the process until it is gone. I hope that you are surprised as I was!

jake33
01-07-2011, 11:11 AM
WOW! I tried this last night and scrapped off this morning, looks outstanding. About 60% of it was all gone with no damage to the tackle twill. I reapplied this AM and will check again this evening after work.

This was on a red bucs jersey, so I taped up the orange and black outline outside the white tackle twill and the red jersey incase of a spill.

I should have photographed the jersey for before and afters...to see the process.

Sure beats paying $13.00 + $9.00 shipping for a small bottle of INK-AWAY. That company said if I am not happy with the results I could return the product, but i asked if they refund shipping and they said no. Shipping is 71% of the entire product and remailing it means I would still lose money.

hockeytigers
01-08-2011, 08:54 AM
Ink-Away is the best for removing ink on the jersey portion but have only used it once or twice on the numbers. It works so-so on the numbers.