PDA

View Full Version : BCS Championship game

GoTigers
01-10-2011, 11:50 AM
I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts/predictions on the game tonight. I'd love to be there but tickets are going for close to 4g's in the upper deck. Hopefully Auburn can get some revenge for '83, '93, and especially 2004. I think this comes down to who has the better rushing attack. Since both our lines are much bigger than Oregons' I think we have the upper hand. Our pass defence is terrible, but the rush defence is great and I think that has been overlooked. Auburn 35- 28.. War Eagle!!

sox83cubs84
01-10-2011, 05:31 PM
Go, Auburn...gotta support the red state team.

Dave Miedema

otismalibu
01-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Hey Dave,

I think that was your 100th political post so can you now STFU with regard to that and just stick to obits of ball players no one has heard of.

Thanks buddy!

kudu
01-10-2011, 06:00 PM
Oregon 24 Auburn 0

kudu
01-10-2011, 06:02 PM
Well, alright.....Auburn 3

kudu
01-10-2011, 06:03 PM
OK, OK....Auburn 10

kellsox
01-10-2011, 06:20 PM

Dave Miedema

Why even go there???

CampWest
01-10-2011, 06:38 PM
My sister in law and her boyfriend are at the game supporting Auburn. So I'll have to go with Auburn, though I don't usually support college teams that buy their quarterback. I think my sister in law should sell her ticket and go to a bar down the street to watch the game, but her future in-laws apparently dont like that idea. I dunno 4 people at 4k per ticket... $16,000 for a televised football game. That would buy a nice bat or two.

trsent
01-10-2011, 07:27 PM

Dave Miedema

Hey Dave,

I think that was your 100th political post so can you now STFU with regard to that and just stick to obits of ball players no one has heard of.

Thanks buddy!

Wow! I thought you were joking, but I guess everyone is tired of us bleedin' hearts. I traded my Barack Obama logo for one of Duncan Keith years ago to make everyone happy. :)

I'll go with Auburn 42 Oregon 24 since I have $25.00 with a buddy on Auburn -3!

otismalibu
01-10-2011, 07:45 PM
Joel,

From age 2-14 Keith lived in my hometown and played minor hockey.
But being a lifelong Flyers fan I had to root against him last year :)

trsent
01-10-2011, 08:05 PM
Joel,

From age 2-14 Keith lived in my hometown and played minor hockey.
But being a lifelong Flyers fan I had to root against him last year :)

Penticton?

lehmsbobby
01-10-2011, 08:58 PM
Hey Dave,

Thanks buddy!

I absolutely love this post!

sox83cubs84
01-10-2011, 09:23 PM
Hey Dave,

Thanks buddy!

WOW!! You are definitely one hostile person! I can understand your taking offense to my "red state" comment, but anyone without a vendetta will gladly attest to the fact that my posts contain far more than "obits of ball players no one has heard of". I'm also pretty certain that at least some forum members hasve heard of Dave Sisler, Steve Boros, etc.

"STFU"? Sounds like hostility and a vendetta. Chill, dude.

Dave Miedema

otismalibu
01-10-2011, 09:37 PM
Dave,

I honestly don't give two shits whether you're red state, blue state, altered state or ward of the state.

But seeing this is a sports board and you continually post your political views, you obviously are looking for some sort of reaction or comment. So I gave you one.

sox83cubs84
01-10-2011, 09:41 PM
Dave,

I honestly don't give two shits whether you're red state, blue state, altered state or ward of the state.

But seeing this is a sports board and you continually post your political views, you obviously are looking for some sort of reaction or comment. So I gave you one.

Still sounds like a lot of hostility and a grudge to me.

Tell you what...can we both call it a day on this argument and let this thread go back to a discussion of the game? If my political views are annoying that many people, I will try to tone them down in future posts.

Dave Miedema

otismalibu
01-10-2011, 09:50 PM
Tell you what...can we both call it a day on this argument and let this thread go back to a discussion of the game?

Wonder what the Vegas odds were that someone would land on 11 in the first half of this game?

GoTigers
01-10-2011, 11:05 PM
I knew it would go under, but I am suprised at the turnovers and the saftey. I hope we can pull this one out, so far we've left a lot of points on the field. By the way why is the field in such terrible condition? Players are sliding all over.

kudu
01-11-2011, 02:12 AM
I knew it would go under, but I am suprised at the turnovers and the saftey. I hope we can pull this one out, so far we've left a lot of points on the field. By the way why is the field in such terrible condition? Players are sliding all over.
The sliding bothered me too. Doesn't the field slide out, so that the grass gets exposed to sunlight, etc?

Good game. Congrats to Auburn.

MSpecht
01-11-2011, 10:42 AM
I thought they said during the broadcast that the entire field was 'new' ---that after the Fiesta Bowl the entire field was dug up and a complete new one laid down... The head groundskeeper may be wondering about his job this morning...

All-in-all a pretty sloppy game with a really sloppy but entertaining last 5 minutes. I imagine that TCU players are just shaking their heads today.

Mike jackitout7@aol.com

sox83cubs84
01-11-2011, 05:01 PM
That field was a disgrace. Jason Smith, on ESPN Radio All-Night played what seemed like 3 minutes worth of sound bites in which announcer Mike Tirico was describing a player slipping and falling.:eek:

The game, as it was, was exciting...can't do much better than a last-second field goal to produce a victory. Both teams were in it...no blowout here:) . Still, you have to wonder what the game COULD have been if the field was of truly playable quality...

Dave Miedema

trsent
01-11-2011, 10:26 PM
That field was a disgrace. Jason Smith, on ESPN Radio All-Night played what seemed like 3 minutes worth of sound bites in which announcer Mike Tirico was describing a player slipping and falling.:eek:

The game, as it was, was exciting...can't do much better than a last-second field goal to produce a victory. Both teams were in it...no blowout here:) . Still, you have to wonder what the game COULD have been if the field was of truly playable quality...

Dave Miedema

Could you imagine if they played the game in Boise, ID on blue turf?

lakeerie92
01-12-2011, 01:06 AM
Auburn's team took 3500 pairs of cleats to the game as stated by the equipment manager. They wanted to have the right pairs for the turf so the took several different styles for each player. I .m surprised that despite the many different cleats the conditions were still that bad. I can't imagine why you would need 3500 pairs of cleats for a team, but even worse than that I can't imagine not having a pair to keep you footing out of 3500 pairs.