PDA

View Full Version : Revis Gamer?

petersportsfan@yahoo.com
01-10-2011, 07:20 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Darrelle-Revis-game-worn-jersey-Jets-COA-/260719691483?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb41ac6db#ht_500wt_1
COA says it was worn 12/30/08, but neck tag says 07-44, so I was thinking that maybe it was carried over a year, but the jersey has the new nfl shield that wasn't worn in 2007(I believe), can't tell if that is the 2007 jock tag or not, any thoughts on this?

ivo610
01-10-2011, 07:35 PM
in the forum rules,

"When possible, we recommend that the poster questioning an item attempt to contact the seller of the item and allow at least 24 hours for the seller to reply before posting. This will prevent postings that may be generated based on misunderstandings of an item."

Next time please message me if you have any questions, I would be more than happy to answer them.

petersportsfan@yahoo.com
01-10-2011, 07:48 PM
in the forum rules,

"When possible, we recommend that the poster questioning an item attempt to contact the seller of the item and allow at least 24 hours for the seller to reply before posting. This will prevent postings that may be generated based on misunderstandings of an item."

Next time please message me if you have any questions, I would be more than happy to answer them.
OK, sorry about that

ivo610
01-10-2011, 08:01 PM
No biggie.

The jersey was purchased from NFL auctions this past year but was shipped from the jets so I never got an nfl auctions card. The marks on the jersey are limited but it looks like it was worn against the dolphins. I have not photo matched it and do not have access to the game tape. Would you like any particular pictures?

trsent
01-10-2011, 08:03 PM
in the forum rules,

I think the original post wasn't stating that your jersey is not good, just that a few features of the jersey confuses them. They asked the general forum if they could answer his questions.

Personally, I would have emailed you my questions first and then asked the forum if I didn't like the answers or didn't hear back from you.

I do not believe the original post was intended to hurt the item. It appears it was just asking if anyone had the answers that we all assume you now have to enlighten us with since they are interesting questions.

ivo610
01-10-2011, 08:29 PM
I think the original post wasn't stating that your jersey is not good, just that a few features of the jersey confuses them. They asked the general forum if they could answer his questions.

Personally, I would have emailed you my questions first and then asked the forum if I didn't like the answers or didn't hear back from you.

I do not believe the original post was intended to hurt the item. It appears it was just asking if anyone had the answers that we all assume you now have to enlighten us with since they are interesting questions.

I did not take it as him questioning the jersey, I just would have rather been contacted directly instead of having other people speculate.

As far as tagging on a 07 on an 08 jersey its nothing new. But like I stated I have not photo matched or video matched the jersey so I think there is a chance its from 07 and the COA from the jets is wrong.

jhunt28
01-10-2011, 08:45 PM
Just to add my .02...the Jets are notorious for recycling jerseys from previous years. I have a 2009 Green Revis with 50th Anniversary Patch that came directly from the NY Jets, and it's an "08-44". I also have a 2009 Steve Weatherford jersey with 50th Anniversary Patch that is tagged "05-44". I have numerous other examples from the Jets...so I wouldn't get too caught up in what the tagging vs COA says.

solarlottry
01-11-2011, 12:48 AM
the 49ers are also notorious for recycling shirts. I have a number of shirts tagged 05-07 that were worn in 08 thru 10. I even have a Steve Young that was worn in 1996 and then had the 50th patch removed and worn in the 1997 opener so i think that just because a shirt had a specific year tag does not mean that it was not worn in later seasons.

sox83cubs84
01-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Ditto the Rams, especially mid-2000s.

Dave Miedema

ivo610
01-11-2011, 05:22 PM
The poster isnt interested in the jersey, but I am looking for $2500.

ivo610@aol.com