PDA

View Full Version : Manny Ramirez photo matched Sam Bat

gameused
01-10-2011, 08:53 PM
Browsing through a Red Sox website, I was stunned to find a high resolution image of Manny Ramirez that matched a Sam bat I picked up in 2007.

The silver 24 written on the knob matches and while holding the bat at the exact angle of the photo the Sam bat logo lines up perfectly.

The Photo was taken during the first game of a double header against the Angels on Aug. 17, 2007. Ramirez is shown singling against John Lackey in the first inning. Red Sox won the game, 8-4. Clay Buchholz was the winning pitcher in his major-league debut.

Thanks, Bobby
hawaii_five0@yahoo.com

matt
01-11-2011, 01:05 PM
Bobby -

Beautiful bat and a great match!

I continue to collect Manny, but boy, have his prices declined on most bats. Not sure if that reflects his career stage, HOF prospects, huge inventory of bats in the hobby or persona. Still, to me, he is one of the biggest impact players of the last 10 years and one of the most fun to watch.

No one has signed him yet, have they? Maybe the yankees need another DH. Sox fans would foam at the mouth.

Matt

gameused
01-12-2011, 12:59 PM
Thanks Matt!

I've noticed that some of the Manny bats especially on eBay have gone really cheap, but I think thats due to the provenance and minimal game use the bats display.

Hopefully Manny gets picked up and has a good season, but then again looked what happened to Barry Bonds and Gary Sheffield.

Best Regards,
Bobby

vdsporty25
01-12-2011, 02:19 PM
Thats a sick bat Bobby....and a great match!

gameused
01-13-2011, 09:09 PM
Thats a sick bat Bobby....and a great match!

Thanks Josh!

frikativ54
01-14-2011, 06:33 AM
Nice work. That's a beautiful bat. Congrats on the photomatch; I love when we collectors find a photomatch of our bats. :)