PDA

View Full Version : Rangers fan fest?

rangersfan1214
01-10-2011, 09:37 PM
What time should you get there to get the big players like Hamilton? Can you buy autograph tickets ahead of time? Does anyone know when Hamilton will be signing and even if he is signing late if you still have to get there when they open to get a ticket? Thanks!

shaunharr
01-10-2011, 11:12 PM
Last year he was one of the first to sign, and the people started lining up as early as 5am. Not sure the schedule for this year

Fnazxc0114
01-10-2011, 11:33 PM
this year they wont annonce who is signing until two hours before, for 500 you can get a head of the line pass. Also, are you a member of texasautographclub.com they have a lot of the local dfw autograph appearances listed.

rangersfan1214
01-10-2011, 11:51 PM
Thanks for the information! Does Texasautographclub.com have any upcoming Josh Hamilton public signings?

Fnazxc0114
01-11-2011, 12:18 AM
no not now but if there was one it would be on there. They also have all the place for the caravan stops. It would be a good place to get your mitch moreland bad signed

rangersfan1214
01-11-2011, 09:24 PM
I just heard Hamilton is hospitalized with early signs of pneumonia. They said he should be getting out soon. I hope that he makes a full recovery and gets to feeling better!! Does anyone think this may affect his signing at Fan Fest.

dylanharr
01-12-2011, 07:47 PM
He should be released by the weekend and resume workouts middle of next week

rangersfan1214
01-16-2011, 05:46 PM
Looks like Hamilton won't be there. If you get there early in line, when you ge in to the convention center at 9 where do you go to get autograph tickets? If a player isn't signing until later in the day do you still get the ticket for them at 9? If not how do you make sure you can get the ticket? Thanks!

Fnazxc0114
01-16-2011, 08:15 PM
google is your friend and so is the texasrangers website. Also, did you check out the site i mentioned above? Everything you would want to know about the day is on that site or texasrangers.com. They moved the fanfest to the convention center so Id imagine it will be a cluster. Especially with the success the team had last year.

nationals2k9
01-18-2011, 12:13 PM
Looks like all the playoff game-used will be done via silent auction this year. Some things will be held for online auction on mlb.com in Feb.

I had been working with the Rangers rep to see if I could get something held back. No such luck!

Have fun everyone down in Texas who will be attending this weekend!

Mike

coxfan
01-18-2011, 12:45 PM
They've sold a few g-u balls from the ALDS and ALCS at the stadium, but I think I bought the last of those on my Dec. 26 visit. A few others were offered on the Rangers and MLB sites earlier, but some may have failed to sell there. They said no WS items were provided to the stadium store, so those may surface in the auctions.

nationals2k9
01-18-2011, 01:23 PM
It sounds like they'll have everything between the fan fest and online next month. MLB had the WS jerseys the past week or two, taking time to authenticate and register in database. Some of that stuff is going to go for crazy money. Hamilton g/u WS - ouch!

I was after Kinsler's WS shirt! ;)

Fnazxc0114
01-18-2011, 03:26 PM
well crap looks like i will have to go to the fanfest to check out the auctions. I wish they had some batting helmets, i dont need anymore jerseys or bats. Might just hold out for the WS jerseys next month.l

nationals2k9
01-18-2011, 04:09 PM
well crap looks like i will have to go to the fanfest to check out the auctions. I wish they had some batting helmets, i dont need anymore jerseys or bats. Might just hold out for the WS jerseys next month.l

To clarify: World Series doesn't necessarily equal online auction next month. From what I gather, there were be WS jerseys with MLB holos at the fan fest under silent auction format. Then there is another set of stuff (inc Kinsler playoff bat apparently) that will be done online, presumed to be next month. Hopefully this is accurate. It's certainly how I followed my email chain with the Rangers contact. And if I'm wrong, you can't do anything about it becuase I live in Cleveland! :D

Good luck!!

Fnazxc0114
01-18-2011, 05:43 PM
no worries. I wasnt planning on going but now it looks like i will have to go and check it out.

rangersfan1214
01-20-2011, 07:30 PM
Ok. Thanks guys. I have looked everywhere and have not found the answers to these questions. Even with the gates opening at 12 Sunday will the lines stipp start forming at around 5? And also when you get in there how do you know where to go to get the tickets and even if a player is signing late in the day do you still get in some kind of line to get a certain persons ticket? Thanks!