PDA

View Full Version : New Purchase from VintageBats.com! A+++

scottanservitz
08-15-2006, 10:25 PM
Hello all. I just wanted to drop a note about my newest purchase from Andy Benish at Vintagebats.com. I have been looking for a George Brett gamer for sometime. I check eBay and this forum almost daily always on the hunt. I even do bat searches through Yahoo and such to go through the inventories of the bigger sellers out there. As I was browsing I found Andy's site and remembered he has a few commentaries on some former MLB star's and their bats and traits and such. I read over his Brett information and looked through his inventory for bats he was currently selling. Low and behold he had a Brett gamer from 1990 listed. As I always do before purchasing a game used bat, I checked in with Jim C. and Mike on this forum to make sure all the specs were up to par. Brett gamers had many orders for Anaconda Kaye and such, so I wanted to make sure everything checked out. Of course a Thank You to those guys as well! After I did that I made sure all the player traits were good, as Andy knows and shared with me. We did some correspondense back and forth and I decided this was the bat for me. It is the centerpiece of my bat collection and I couldn't be happier. Even my wife says I have been more pleasant around the house! In this day and age of our hobby, we hear so many horror stories. I can say I have been duped a time or two. But since this site has started, my knowledge has increased and I now have more people to help me in deciding on purchases that I am more confident in BEFORE I lay down my hard earned $. I saved over 2 years for this bat and I do get nervous before purchasing hoping I am getting what I pay for. As for Andy, you can't find a nicer gentleman to deal with. He was very helpful and professsional and I hope to do business with him again. It is sometimes easier to deal with collectors than with some of the bigger companies due to the fact that the almighty dollar shouldn't get in the way. We all collect because we enjoy this hobby and that is what it is all about. I get upset when collectors tell these horrible stories of buys that went bad. I have been there, but I really have the "BUG" so to speak and since I can't seem to get away from what I enjoy, it is great to be able to share a cool story with all of you. Thanks so much for letting me ramble on. Thanks, Andy!

sayhey24
08-15-2006, 11:15 PM
I'll second that on Andy - if you haven't checked out his website, be sure to do so. His bats are rock solid and there's not a nicer guy in the hobby. But despite all that, his Twins will not make the playoffs this year.

Greg

stkmtimo
08-15-2006, 11:30 PM
Though I haven't purchased from Andy, I have talked with him via email a handful of times. Great guy and very knowledgeable. Glad you got a great bat for your collection. That's what it's all about.

Tim

sportscentury
08-16-2006, 09:45 AM
Andy is one of the true gentlemen in our hobby. He knows his bats and has excellent taste in collectibles ... he only buys and sells the best.

I know of the Brett bat you speak, and it is a beauty. Enjoy!

Reid

scottanservitz
08-16-2006, 12:38 PM
Reid,
Thanks. I agree with all of you. Andy really does have GREAT taste in bats.
Scott