PDA

View Full Version : First Post From A New Member

btcarfagno
01-14-2011, 01:06 PM
Hello all!

Just got back into sports memorabilia after about 15 years. I had always wanted to deal in vintage cards and game used items, but "back in the day" was too caught up in all the shiny new stuff. Then I started a family, had no money...etc...

Well, I still have little money, but have found a way to get back to wheeling and dealing in the hobby and sport I love so much. I have started a partnership with a bunch of my tax clients. At first I was just handling vintage cards over at Net54 and Ebay...but now I am starting to get into game used items as well.

Some day, I hope to start a collection for myself. But for now, pretty much everything I buy will be for immediate resale.

I have been looking over this forum and am absolutely drooling at the level of information that is available here. Hopefully I can make some deals with some members in the coming months to get some street cred around here. If you post on Net54, you may know me. I have done many card deals there, and my Ebay username (collectiblesgains) has a 226 rating since the partnership was formed half a year ago.

I will have my first table at a card show in Philly in April. Hope to have some nice game used stuff there, and will start posting some items for sale here soon as well.

Thank you for this wonderful resource!

Tom Carfagno

yankees506
01-14-2011, 01:09 PM
welcome! and i must say you could not have picked a better forum to join. This is truly a community and the people who post on this forum are nothing but exceptional.

frikativ54
01-14-2011, 01:54 PM
Welcome to the forum. You'll have a great time, as there is so much that can be learned here. I didn't know much about photomatching before I arrived on the scene. And I've met some pretty nice people through GUU, so I hope you will enjoy your stay. If you have any questions about the hobby, don't hesitate to ask. :)

bruno89
01-14-2011, 02:59 PM
welcome to the forum ,if you ever come across eagles game used items let me know,not card thou

justinbittner220
01-14-2011, 04:02 PM
Welcome back to the hobby. Can you send me an email? If you are interested, I have loads of cards that I would like to sell at a more than reasonable rate. justinbittner220@hotmail.com

sox83cubs84
01-14-2011, 11:52 PM
Welcome aboard, Tom!:)

Dave Miedema