X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hog
    • Jul 2009

Photo Matched Bryce Harper bat

Hey all.

Just wondering if you guys agree that this is a photo match of a Harper Bat. The nick that is to the right of the "M" logo and the distance of the grain sticker (whatever these are actually called, The unpainted circle on the handle).

Thanks.

• nationals2k9
    • Sep 2008

Re: Photo Matched Bryce Harper bat

Inconclusive (at best)

The "nick" is hard to conclude in the top pic though I gather what you're referring to. I can also imagine how the tar looks to stop at the same point (about 1-2 inches just after the bare wood spot) on both bats.... but again, too hard to know for sure. Could say the same with the ball mark above the barrel labeling.

So although I would not offer a 100% endorsement, there's nothing about it that says it's not a match. Make sense?

Comment

• indyred
      • May 2006

Could be your bat and marks do appear close. Just too hard to say a solid photo-match. It has potential. To me a photo-match jumps out at you and marks exactly match up.

Does Harper got a deal marketing his game used stuff? Will be intersting how he does this year. The hype train could just keep building for him.

Comment

• Hog
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by nationals2k9
        Inconclusive (at best)

The "nick" is hard to conclude in the top pic though I gather what you're referring to. I can also imagine how the tar looks to stop at the same point (about 1-2 inches just after the bare wood spot) on both bats.... but again, too hard to know for sure. Could say the same with the ball mark above the barrel labeling.

So although I would not offer a 100% endorsement, there's nothing about it that says it's not a match. Make sense?

Yeah it makes sense, I am trying to get a higher res version of the pic which will help a lot. I also measured the the distance and orientation of the little round cut out on the handle to the end of the logo. It is 9.5 inches. The logo is 3 inches, if you line up the logos down the barrel it is pretty close to exact. The angle will skew the measurement a little bit but you can see it is pretty damn close. (I also enhanced the pic a bit and you can see the nick a bit more clearly.)

Comment

• cliffjmp33
          • Jun 2010

Just tried to do a quick search on apimages.com for you and everything that comes up either has different tape job or different colored "M".

Great bat though and hopefully you or someone here can help match it 100%!
          Cheers,
          Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
          My Memorabilia Collection

Comment

• Hog
            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by cliffjmp33
            Just tried to do a quick search on apimages.com for you and everything that comes up either has different tape job or different colored "M".

Great bat though and hopefully you or someone here can help match it 100%!

yeah this is the only shot of him holding a bat that wasn't taped the whole way up the grip.

Comment

• Hog
              • Jul 2009

Hey I hate to bump this but I have to.

I have done some research and it seems this bat in the picture was taken during batting practice for his AFL debut. I am so beyond excited that I have a bat that he (may) have had at his profesional debut.

I really must photo match this bat, there had to be dozens of people taking photographs during BP.

I am willing to pay for a high resolution shot of him using the same bat in the picture. I am pleading to the people of this site to use the powers that I know you have to find one.

Thank you so much in advance.

Also does anyone know what this bat may be worth?

Comment

• spartanservitto
                • May 2010

Ill tell ya, the more I look, the more I get persuaded. Also look at how dirty the maple mark, not saying that doesnt show up on other bats, but it definitely helps the cause.

-Tony
                sigpic
                Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
                My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
                My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

Comment

• allstarsplus
                  • Nov 2005

That's as close as I have seen someone come on a photomatch on a Nationals era bat of Harper's. I guess that is from the Arizona Fall League.

Hang on to that as that could end of being one of the greatest pieces of memorabilia. That kid is so special. He centers the ball and swings with enormous bat speed and pop.

Watching him in BP is worth the price of admission!
                  Regards,
                  Andrew Lang
                  AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                  202-716-8500

Comment

• Hog
                    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by spartanservitto
                    Ill tell ya, the more I look, the more I get persuaded. Also look at how dirty the maple mark, not saying that doesnt show up on other bats, but it definitely helps the cause.

-Tony

I am 100% convinced that it is the same bat. This is the only Harper bat that I have seen that does not have the signature tape job we all know. I am just shocked that this is the only picture I can find of it. I mean it was his Professional debut how was the media not all over the place.

I just need a high res version and it will be set in stone and I can make a sweet display for it.

Also it is crazy how big the bat is. It is a good 2 inches longer than any other bat I own.

Comment

• gameused
                      • Nov 2005

What was the date of his professional debut?

Comment

• Hog
                        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by gameused
                        What was the date of his professional debut?
                        Oct. 20th

Also, there is a good chance This is video of him using the bat. However the quality is so bad I can't prove it

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Comment

• Hog
                          • Jul 2009

Well I guess it is without a doubt now!

I kinda feel like I am holding a piece of history already...

(If anyone knows how to get a full size version without paying for the rights to publish it please message me!!)

He must have used the bat past this night because the small tape job on the bottom of the bat shows good use.

Comment

• spartanservitto
                            • May 2010

What a bat.

-Tony
                            sigpic
                            Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
                            My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
                            My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

Comment

• Dewey2007
                              • Dec 2007

I agree. Great bat and I'm glad you found a match. Now all he has to do is live up to the hype. If not, this will be worth about as much as a Joe Charboneau bat

Originally posted by spartanservitto
                              What a bat.

-Tony
                              sigpicwww.alamedasportsproject.com

Comment

Working...